shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Maytal Hannah Rings!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I am in the process of researching a reset of my ring... I have reached out to the usual suspects who are known for their delicate craftsmanship, SK, VC, LM and Maytal... so far MH is the only one who has come under budget. I want a double halo pave ring... This will be a reset for my 2.5 OMB which is currently flanked by 2 bullets. I would love to see your beauties and hear about your experience. I may post in Rocky Talky as well... I love her work and "Stir Fry ' s" ring which was made by MH was what pushed me in this direction. So far via email she has been lovely! TIA! :wavey:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Charmypoo- your rings are absolutely exquisite!!! :love: :love: :love: I love the miligrain on the SK ring! Wow! What a collection!! How did you like working with MH? Did she bring a lot of creativity to the table or did she just follow your lead? She seemed really prompt, was very kind and came under budget... Total win win so far. I think her work is very delicate, which I love! Was she fine with a lot of back and forth? Thank you again for sharing your gorgeous collection-from the best in the industry!!

Cookiesmom

Rough_Rock
I very very rarely post but I will tell you my experience with Maytal has been wonderful. People stop me on the street and ask about my ring. I would like to credit myself with having one of the first double halo's!! If you search for me then you will see my ring. My ring is delicate, sparkly, gorgeous and I LOVE it.

I chose Maytal from Pricescope because her design style was what I wanted and she worked with me to come up with the design I really wanted. I had never had any dealings with her or any other designer for that matter and I feel I chose well!! Over the last number of years I have referred a number of friends and family to her and a little pocket of eastern North Carolina now rocks her rings. I actually consider Maytal a friend at this point (although have never met her) because she has made the dreams of people important to me come true.

For most of us an engagement ring is the most expensive piece of jewelry we will ever have and for many it is a daunting experience to spend so much money and not sure if you are getting value. That is why these forums have really changed people's buying habits. The vendors that people respect on Pricescope have really earned that respect!!

I really love many of the designers discussed on this site and I have seen such gorgeous and wonderful work. I have chosen other designers now for other pieces of work that have different objectives. I would say talk to a few of the artists and see who makes your heart sing - a few hundred bucks here or there for such an important purchase isn't the most important part. I am a sappy old lady :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Maytal is really easy to work with and she cares about making people happy. I knew what I wanted and gave very clear directions - she pointed out where she feels things will work or not work. She also takes her own artistic liberties (or maybe her bench does).

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Cookiesmom- Thank you so much for your post... This is exactly what I needed to hear... BTW- your ring looks amazing!!!! Could you please post a handshot? I'm dying to see it... Plus' the side view is something I have been contemplating... The thought of a basket sounds glorious, but I thought it might make the ring bulky- it doesn't seem to at all based on your post. I'm so sorry about the reason why you needed a replacement in the first place, but I am happy to see you ended up with such a marvelous ring!! Thank you again!

Cookiesmom

Rough_Rock
I pressed send too soon. Charmypoos rings are gorgeous and the milligraining and prongs fantastic! I also wanted engraving because I wanted my rings to look a little like my grandmothers. The engraving is spectacular and meticulous.

One of my friends had a secret pink diamond put inside her ring - for the secrets a husband and wife share. I have a secret inscription!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Btw- I LOVE the idea of putting a pink diamond inside my ring to represent our daughter... I had already thought about it. She is an April baby, like me, so I didn't want to just add another white diamond... It would be a fun feminine way of representing her... If you do get a chance- I would love to see another pic!!!!

Cookiesmom

Rough_Rock
Truluv - I wanted a basket because I wanted diamonds underneath my ring. I actually see the side view when I type and I type all day. I think you need to talk to Maytal and find out what proportions are right for your diamond size. My diamond is fairly big (3 carats) but certainly not the biggest. That is one of the benefits to working with someone who sees a lot of different diamond sizes - she can guide you. After I had my ring made she also made me a matching wedding band that I also love.

Ok here is trying to send you a crappy side view. Taken with my cell and please do not judge my fat fingers. I promise I was thin in my youth.

I love the secret diamond. Here is the story. I am sorry for my french here - I said to the bf of my friend (now husband they have a little baby girl now) - do a secret diamond. A pink diamond for the secrets that a husband and wife share. He said - that is so (expletive - ing stupid) I think she will love it. After she gets the ring - she says - I love it! and shows everyone. Not so secret :)

_20603.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. I am currently working with Maytal on creating my dream ER. She has been responsive, and has given me her professional/creative opinion during the design process. Now, the hard part is the wait until it is finished!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Cookiesmom- LOVE it! I think your story is so funny! It's something my husband would say- and for the record, I love the hidden gem idea!

Kathley- oooh! I'm so excited for you! When is your project going to be done? What is your design like?

Acinome- love the rose gold! Wow! Sooo delicate!

Thank you all for sharing your experience! I am feeling better and better about moving forward with her. Now I just need to figure out timing with the hubby!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1406226054|3719904 said:
Cookiesmom- LOVE it! I think your story is so funny! It's something my husband would say- and for the record, I love the hidden gem idea!

Kathley- oooh! I'm so excited for you! When is your project going to be done? What is your design like?

Acinome- love the rose gold! Wow! Sooo delicate!

Thank you all for sharing your experience! I am feeling better and better about moving forward with her. Now I just need to figure out timing with the hubby!

Thank you for your excitement and I am so excited too! She just started on my ring, so it will be a few weeks yet. The design is a halo with a delicate basket that will mirror the flower pattern of my OEC. It is a very soft, flowing design, thanks to Maytal's artistry!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Cookiesmom|1406169220|3719553 said:
I pressed send too soon. Charmypoos rings are gorgeous and the milligraining and prongs fantastic! I also wanted engraving because I wanted my rings to look a little like my grandmothers. The engraving is spectacular and meticulous.

One of my friends had a secret pink diamond put inside her ring - for the secrets a husband and wife share. I have a secret inscription!

The first ring Maytal made for me had two pink hidden diamonds. I opted not to the next time as I found that I liked it all white :) or all pink. I recently bought myself a bunch of light pink melee. No idea what I will do with them.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- I'm curious is this a reset? And- how large is your Diamond? As I am considering a basket- she seems to make beautiful designs! Thx!

Charmypoo- I appreciate your feedback on the pink diamond, as I sort of am contemplating, but worry that I will tire of it?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1406244313|3720087 said:
Kathley- I'm curious is this a reset? And- how large is your Diamond? As I am considering a basket- she seems to make beautiful designs! Thx!

Charmypoo- I appreciate your feedback on the pink diamond, as I sort of am contemplating, but worry that I will tire of it?

This is a reset for my 1.64 ct OEC. She makes beautiful designs!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- one last question and thank you for your patience- does she provide you with drawings? And does she send you updates? If zo, How often?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
If you are brave and want something more different, here is my Tranny in a rose gold halo. The diamond isn't set yet so it is just sitting on the setting.

jh-tranny03.jpg

jh-tranny02.jpg

jh-tranny11.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Oohhh! Charmypoo- you have the most spectacular collection of rings! Holy Moly! Did Maytal make this? I love Rose Gold- I don't think I could do it for my entire ring, but to incorporate a little would be amazing!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
TruLuv858|1406259390|3720256 said:
Oohhh! Charmypoo- you have the most spectacular collection of rings! Holy Moly! Did Maytal make this? I love Rose Gold- I don't think I could do it for my entire ring, but to incorporate a little would be amazing!

No, she didn't make this one. I don't think I am brave enough for an e-ring to be all rose gold either.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious for those ladies they have worked with MH' ebay is her process? Did she send hand drawings? How often did she update you? Sorry for all of the questions... I'm just so excited!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TruLuv858|1406254177|3720196 said:
Kathley- one last question and thank you for your patience- does she provide you with drawings? And does she send you updates? If zo, How often?

Hi. Yes, Maytal provided drawings. She just started making my ring this week, so I don't have any information on updates yet. 8)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- just starting? Wow- how fun!! I'm so envious- can't wait to officially pull the trigger on this one. I love that she supplies drawings- that is so helpful! She told me her turn around time is 4-5 weeks out. I will likely move forward when I get back from our family vacation- which is in about 1 month. I will actually be in Los Angeles, and WOULD love to convince the hubby to stop by her office while there... but I doubt he will be up for it :hand: I live in New England, but it would so nice to.meet her face to face.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Actually if you are in LA, I highly recommend that you meet with her and just discuss the project. You should probably start the project then - drop off your diamond, do the sketches, etc .... it will make your life a lot easier.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, Charmypoo. Is she in the jewelry district? That place is such a nightmare to maneuver through- or does she have a private office elsewhere?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1406301038|3720506 said:
Actually if you are in LA, I highly recommend that you meet with her and just discuss the project. You should probably start the project then - drop off your diamond, do the sketches, etc .... it will make your life a lot easier.

Agree!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Kathley- did you meet with her in person or was it all over the phone?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My husband did my first ring over email and the second ring in person and then email. She met us at a nice little cafe.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Charmypoo- thanks for posting! That would be a million times h better. I emailed her to check her schedule.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results