carat
color
clarity

In the home stretch... 36 weeks preg!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
so...
For the folks that had children...
Did you fingers swell up like fat little sausages??
Mine did.

Guess what?
My rings don't fit.

:wall:

Did you fingers shrink down for the most part after having the baby(ies)?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nyc2chigal|1406139403|3719227 said:
so...
For the folks that had children...
Did you fingers swell up like fat little sausages??
Mine did.

Guess what?
My rings don't fit.

:wall:

Did you fingers shrink down for the most part after having the baby(ies)?

Yes, my fingers swelled up like sausages (especially with DD who was born the end of August) and yes, they shrank back to normal afterwards. I remember wearing my rings to my son's bris, which is 8 days after birth...

Hang in there, you almost have a bundle of joy in your arms and it will all be worth it! ;-)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I was gigantic all over during my pregnancies, and could not wear my wedding set (size 5.25) from the first trimester onwards! My fingers felt naked when I removed my wedding set, so I bought a fake set to wear in a size 7 to wear for the remainder of my pregnancy, and onwards until the finger swelling went down. I think it was 3 weeks after birth when I fit into my rings again because it was all water weight.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I didn't have any swelling with any of my pregnancies. Everything pretty much stayed the same - except it looked like I swallowed a basketball :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting for you Nyc2chigal! (the pregnancy and upcoming birth-not the swollen fingers lol). All the best for a smooth delivery and birth and a happy and healthy baby!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And fwiw everyone of my friends whose fingers swelled during the pregnancy all went back to their normal size afterwards.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks friends!!! That's really good to know!!
I look at my rings longingly...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ny2chigal, I know you miss your rings but look at the payoff. Before long you'll have that beautiful baby in your arms. All my friends could not fit in their rings toward the end of their pregnancy but within a couple of weeks the rings were back on. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I was a big fat ass when preggo! Lol. I swelled every damn place. It took about 8 weeks PP to wear my rings again but I live in Hawaii and it's ALWAYS humid! My fingers still swell from the humidity so I currently wear a 6 instead of my normal 5.5-5.75. When we move back to the Main Land I'll have my rings re-sized a little. Congrats on your bundle of joy! And I also want to add that my finger size has always went back to normal and I have 4 kids :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What didn't swell??

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! My friends with kids seem to be wearing their rings just fine if they are able to get within their pre-pregnancy weight.

More important than rings fitting right away - what's the push present?!?!

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I got within my pp weight, but my rings never fit after. I could stuff my e ring on, but forget about both. Neither did my cute shoes...went up a size there too. A quite large 20 somethings shoe collection...poof.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't swell too much. Lucky me! I did, however, get a bit fat in those first two years and I had to size up a half size. Meh.
A lot of my pretty shoes no longer fit, post baby. Boo hoo! Damn relaxin hormone.

You'll be wearing your sparklies again in a few weeks. Congrats on the baby! :clap:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My legs and feet swelled, but I worked a full time job which required me to stand all day. I have a pic of my rings on my hand with an I.V. in somewhere...I wore my rings up to and during labor/delivery. My hands seem to be the one part of my body that doesn't ever fluctuate in size.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fingers went from 7.25 to 8, my shoe went from 9 to 10.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I was able to wear my rings with all three of mine but during the summer months my feet would like sausages.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your darling baby!
Rest! Rest! Rest!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
With my girl my face swelled up like a balloon.

Totally attractive. :rolleyes:

And I got terrible hot flashes. I remember sitting in a plastic chair, in the pool, fully clothed. I was so desperate, I just walked right in there. Pretty sure I was crying too.

Yeah, hormones . . . :knockout:

Congrats! You must be so excited!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all!!

I was more curious about the possibility of shrinking back to original size.

It's far from my top priorities, but since my pregnancy is coming to a close soon, it was a thought!

I am so excited to see this LO!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Oh girl, how I feel your pain. I am 40.5 weeks and looking like early stages of labor today. My fingers are fat sausages yes. I was fortunate to have a ring that my mother gave me in high school that is "engagement" like and happened to be too big for my ring finger before. I am wearing it. But yes, your fingers will get back to normal :) Thank goodness otherwise I'd be up crap creek b/c my ring cannot be resized!! Congratulations to you and I hope your last part of pregnancy goes smoothly. Take time for yourself, and relax. :wavey:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
Oh girl, how I feel your pain. I am 40.5 weeks and looking like early stages of labor today. My fingers are fat sausages yes. I was fortunate to have a ring that my mother gave me in high school that is "engagement" like and happened to be too big for my ring finger before. I am wearing it. But yes, your fingers will get back to normal :) Thank goodness otherwise I'd be up crap creek b/c my ring cannot be resized!! Congratulations to you and I hope your last part of pregnancy goes smoothly. Take time for yourself, and relax. :wavey:

Thanks so much, momma!!!

40.5 weeks???! Sounds like someone didn't get their eviction notice...:bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try 42 weeks! :devil:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, you're almost there!

Ring size depends...pregnancy 1, my fingers shrunk back down to normal. Two weeks after giving birth, I could wear my e-ring. With pregnancy 2, my fingers permanently increased in size and never got smaller, as did my shoe size. Now with pregnancy 3, at 26 weeks, I can still fit into my rings and I'm hoping it stays like that.

Sarahblue

Rough_Rock
Mine didn't go back. I am only 3 lbs over my PP weight and it has been almost 2 yrs. My fingers appear to be permanently larger. Along with my feet, my wrists and my upper body. My old jeans I can wear no problem but my rib cage or shoulders are wider so my tops don't fit the same. :(

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations, this is such an exciting time!
My fingers definitely went up in size, so I picked up an inexpensive ring to wear the last trimester. I used it again with #2. I don't remember how long it was, but I eventually was able to fit back into m rings again. A month or two, maybe? I would probably remember if it took longer than that. I do remember it took longer to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans, with # 2, anyway, she was born in Oct. #1 was a summer babe, like yours, so unless you live in a colder climate, maybe it won't be a problem for you then, either.
All the best to you and your little one. Looking forward to hearing the happy news of baby's arrival!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results