color
clarity

sliced souffle earrings from little h

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Um. YES!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have heard that that one is not even the prettiest one. I can't wait to see the others! We will get to see them at the ruckus :naughty:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo and 4rg, please please get the details and pictures of this collection! :pray:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'd like to know how the Sapphires are mounted in the pearl. Very unusual..I do like it.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wouldn't they have to be glued...?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
very,very cool!!!!! I am so bummed I won't be there to see everything!!!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
We will be in the vault on Friday morning. I will ask to see these and take a photo for you.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes :love: :love: :love: They are gorgeous!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Those are stunning!!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Hisano was having a photoshoot at the mansion when we arrived. The soufflé earrings were there in two styles, Sapphire shown here in Hisano's hand and on 4ranchgirls ear. The earrings at the top of this thread are shown here in the next photos.

hisanophotoshoot.jpg

souffle_sapphire.jpg

model1.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Also tiny seed pearls.

souffleseedprls.jpg

img_5295.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
How interesting! Beautiful and unique. I find the process quite remarkable, and intriguing.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Jeremy came over on Friday morning and was telling us that there were other versions of the geode soufflé pearls with diamonds and I believe ruby. One version I saw had a ombre look with light to dark gems in them. There are coordinating pendants with small area's cut out and gems spilling out of them. Very cute styles. Here are more to share, sorry they are not as close as I wished on some.

2014ruckus_240.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
DIAMONDS!

2014ruckus_239.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The chains were incredible too.

soufflegroup.jpg

soufflegroup2.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
After the pearls are cut in half and cleaned out, Hisano polishes the flat surface you see in the front to a mirror finish and the insides are all hand polished with a polishing tool. The gems or pearls are worked on in segments so they dry before the next area is started. As you can see on the earrings with seed pearls, they are labor intensive.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am still enamored by these, and I love the ones with the seed pearls!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I have not made any Little H purchase yet; but, I am pretty sure this will be my first one! I love the earrings with the ruby's!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
You get to choose your soufflé so your pearl is personally yours.

2014ruckus_071.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
NL, thank you for the report and the yummy pictures. I definitely want a pair of earrings in the future. The rubies are calling to me.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
FYI, I believe she said they were red sapphires.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely photos NacreLover! Thank you for sharing :wavey:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1407162654|3725793 said:

I believe rubies and red sapphires are the same thing. There are both corundum. Chromium impurities in corundum yield a red tint. Red corundum is called ruby, and any other color of corundum is referred to as sapphire. (I used to hang out on the colored stones forum, then I discovered the joy of pearls. ;-) )

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I did not know this!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1407187860|3725986 said:
bsomlo|1407162654|3725793 said:

I believe rubies and red sapphires are the same thing. There are both corundum. Chromium impurities in corundum yield a red tint. Red corundum is called ruby, and any other color of corundum is referred to as sapphire. (I used to hang out on the colored stones forum, then I discovered the joy of pearls. ;-) )

One possibility is that they are sapphires of some other natural color that have been treated to get the red color. So they would be sold as red sapphires to distinguish them from rubies, which should come from the ground as a red stone. Another possibility is that they are man-made corundum. Man-made sapphires have been around for over a century.

With a design such as this, you are getting the design and workmanship, and I would be less concerned about the provenance of the tiny little bits of colored gems.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't sure if the red ones were really Rubies or were pink sapphires. Two types of sapphires have their own names, Red are Ruby and Orange/pink are Padparadsha.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing these new designs with us!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1407241541|3726369 said:
I wasn't sure if the red ones were really Rubies or were pink sapphires. Two types of sapphires have their own names, Red are Ruby and Orange/pink are Padparadsha.

I forgot about Pads. It can be hard to make the call between dark pink sapphires and light red rubies. I thought most of Hisano's pieces pieces had pink sapphires, but a couple might have been ruby. It doesn't really matter because they are gorgeous either way. (It's just a question of academic interest, lol.)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Jeremy mentioned that they bought ruby while in HongKong for little h.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results