shape
carat
color
clarity

Activating the PS phone tree - need help SS pendant!

Diamondhalo

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Having my first baby in nine short weeks (yay!) `as you can imagine I'm a bit distracted and I'm getting frazzled looking.

Normally "the chase" of a next jewellery purchase is almost the highlight but I thought I would ask for some help with this one:

I bought myself a pendant last year from Pearl society but when it arrived it didn't fill the pearl need... photo_1_5__0.jpg

So, I'm searching again. I need help looking for suggestions:

*baroque/slight drop shape okay, top lustre though.
*GSS or white SS-
*size matters - the one I have is 16mm by 14mm so I'm looking for super huge

Hit me with your suggestions - I'm too chicken to email vendors directly bc I hate wasting their time if I don't end up buying (hope that makes sense?)

photo_2_5_.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
If you don't ask them what they have in stock that meets your criteria, how will you know what they have? Most have items in their vaults they don't list on their sites. I guess YOU will have to do the work.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
^^ Agreed. Only you know what you are after. Plus a lot of the vendors will be heading to Hong Kong in September so if they don't have what you are after they can keep an eye out. Email them with your specifications and go from there.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha Misskittcat, I was just going to say that. I'll watch for the scrum at the big south sea pearl stands

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
First I love that pendant. I keep wanting to bid on that style, I love the leaves!

Second I completely agree with talking to certain vendors. They can help you put together the necklace of your dreams so I would do that before they go in September so if they don;t have what you are looking for they can keep an eye out for it!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I too recommend calling some of the well known vendors like Pearl Paradise. They may have items in their vault that are in line with what you are looking for. If so, they can send you pictures to chose from and if you are undecided at that point you could post here for a second opinion. If nobody has what you are looking for, ask to be put on the wish list for the September show in Hong Kong. I did this with PP and they were great to work with! I am a new buyer from them and not a huge spender compared to others; but, they still treated me very nicely! I wouldn't feel bad at all contacting them even if it was just for a small piece.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well a white SS pearl larger than 16 x 14 is not for the small spenders so I'm sure people will be happy to find one for you !! lol

You might want to call someone and get an idea as to cost and availability. I would suggest that you have a budget in mind and then ask if they feel that's reasonable. Say you are willing to spend $2,000 ... what will that get you in terms of size and quality. Shape will make a big difference as well so it helps that you are happy with a drop etc (I love the drop shape) .

So tell them your budget, shape, colour (creamy white, silvery white etc) and grade and see what you can get. Wendy, PP and P of J are all going in Sept .. I'm still deciding :think: If they don't have it on hand now they can get it in September.

I love the one you already have!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm often a bargain shopper so I'm much more likely to buy from what is shown, too. I already have a lot of pearls so I'm looking for "the deal." I wouldn't enjoy asking someone for individual attention at a deep discount, but I might buy it if I saw it listed.

I like Pearl Society because they include realistic photos of that specific item, detailed, accurate descriptions, and have some great deals sometimes. They have lots of huge pearls, too.

If you're still looking, what didn't you like about the pendant you bought or what differences are you looking for, specifically?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results