shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this diamond look darker/more yellow in this Halo?

sparky_2304

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I have an 1.2-ct I-color, VS2/GIA3X loose diamond bought from BN that I was very satisfied with. I recently set the diamond in a Halo setting ring with the average pave diamonds being I-color, SI2 range. However, I couldn't help to notice that the diamond seem to look darker and more yellow when in the setting compared to in the loose form. I have attached several pictures under different lighting conditions and am wondering if I could have some advice as to whether it's my eyes playing tricks on me, or this is actually what's suppose to look like, or I have used too high a color for pave stones. Thanks so much for the help!

Here's the ring under normal florescent lighting conditions (CFL light, indirect about 45 deg angle):
1_285.jpg
2_162.jpg

Here's the ring under more direct florescent lighting (CFL light, about 90 deg from top)
3_125.jpg
4_67.jpg

And here's the ring under more natural lighting conditions (no light in room, outside lighting from sunlight only)
5_54.jpg
6_31.jpg

_20458.jpg

I don't think that's something to worry about. Smaller diamonds tend to look whiter when set in white metals. Mines does the same thing.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping more people would chime in. I do notice a darkening or a contrast but i don't know what is responsible for it. Speaking from experience, I tried a halo and this contrast bugged me so much, I went back to a solitaire with accents. I think not comes down to what you prefer. As for mine, the only time it didn't bother me was in the sun or under great lighting.

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I've had my G color stone in a halo setting before and noticed that it looked darker, more yellow too. After i took it out of the halo and put the stone in a simple solitaire setting, i noticed that the stone appeared 'whiter' .
I think the halo does block out some light from the diamond and thus makes it appear more yellow.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
For what it is worth your ring looks really nice to me. I am not an experienced diamond buff like these PSers are, though. Good luck!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
My F looked darker and duller after I put a halo on her. I have since reset it into a 3-stone ring, couldn't be happier.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results