shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Choose :) One of these 3, or something else? (Images!)

thebigjdoe

Rough_Rock
Alright, after a bit of research I know what we are looking for and the clock is now ticking!

-at least 1 ctw
-MUST be eye clean even from close up
-H color
-Best cut I can afford
-As close to $8k as possible (stone only)

Almost positive we are going to use victor canera for a halo or double halo setting ( yah, cha ching!$)

Here are a few I have come across and want the experts to chime in :)

Feel free to recommend a different stone all together

Here is a higher res image, since i think PS scales it down:
http://i.imgur.com/E6WWzqT.jpg

Thanks guys and gals!!!

untitled-1.jpg

thebigjdoe

Rough_Rock
Re: Help Choose :) One of these 3, or something else? (Imag

Any thoughts on these ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

All three are lovely. The image you posted is hard to see in much detail. But my personal preference is for the first one. But I don't think there is a bad choice.

thebigjdoe

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1406061531|3718486 said:
All three are lovely. The image you posted is hard to see in much detail. But my personal preference is for the first one. But I don't think there is a bad choice.

Yah I noticed it was downscaled. Try the link to imgur where there is the full size image. What are the possibilities that a VS2 is not eye clean? #3 is suppose to be eye clean according to Mark at ERD, but since it isnt an in house I'm guessing he is taking the word of the vendor.

Well, if all 3 are good should i just get the biggest cheapest one #3?

ugh i suck at making decisions and really need to pull the trigger in the next couple days. :wall:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

You have a return policy. Have it sent to you.

Vs2 are sometimes not eyeclean. There is no percentage I can pull to help you. It doesn't matter what percentage of VS2s are eyeclean because all that matters if whether YOUR Vs2 is.

thebigjdoe

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1406062325|3718499 said:
You have a return policy. Have it sent to you.

Vs2 are sometimes not eyeclean. There is no percentage I can pull to help you. It doesn't matter what percentage of VS2s are eyeclean because all that matters if whether YOUR Vs2 is.

This is true, good to know. Hoping to bang it out on the first try but the return policy is there for a reason.

Since I'm getting a double halo, I guess the difference between the smaller one and the bigger one won't matter much.

#1 has the best cut as far as I can tell. So now i need to decide if i want the better cut for a little more, or the extra size for a little less...its gettin real lol

miracle467

Rough_Rock

from my experience, after looking at diamonds for 3 months and driving myself crazy... I wouldn't purchase any diamond unless I could see it up close. You can have an eyeclean SI1-SI2 that looks better than a VS2. Or it could be really clean everywhere except a spot on the side, or no one else might notice the inclusions but you might. DO NOT accept anything until you observe it well. Also remember no one is going to look at ur ring that close up, unless they are your sisters or mother :rodent:

thebigjdoe

Rough_Rock

miracle467|1406065722|3718536 said:
from my experience, after looking at diamonds for 3 months and driving myself crazy... I wouldn't purchase any diamond unless I could see it up close. You can have an eyeclean SI1-SI2 that looks better than a VS2. Or it could be really clean everywhere except a spot on the side, or no one else might notice the inclusions but you might. DO NOT accept anything until you observe it well. Also remember no one is going to look at ur ring that close up, unless they are your sisters or mother :rodent:

If you mean don't buy somewhere without a return policy, then of course. I will certainly look at the diamond when it arrives before I have it set :) I agree that one should look at their diamond haha

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock

You should get some nice fire out of #3 with that crown angle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results