shape
carat
color
clarity

Small table HCA 1.1

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Just researching still.

This diamond: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3137126.htm

61.8% depth, 54% table, 33.7° crown angle, 40.9° pavilion angle

Would this be a good candidate assuming it's completely eye clean? Small table angle... noticable? Anything to watch out for there?

Any detectable nastiness is bad. Cut and size matter most, followed by clarity (nothing eye visible), then colour.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing concerning whatsoever. It looks beautiful. H or I with SI1 or SI2 is the best value.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Thanks, interesting to know.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That puppy is perfect. NO issues at all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks terrific. I think it would be a beautiful diamond.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much all.

Seems I need to really get over my hesitation over:

1) *I* colour...going with a bit of fluor like with the Brian Gavin Blue line might help, plus it's a bit more unique

2) SI1 and the diamond being 'mind clean'...I know they can be found...and she wants size #2 past cut, so that's really the sweet spot.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Gypsy: Looking at the cert for that diamond, you don't think those feathers are visible? Would they be in a JamesAllen style rotational video, and if so, would close "eye" examination show them? If it's ONLY visible in a loupe then it's fine with me.

I've just seen 'eye clean' VS2s in person that I could see black chunks in. That would drive me nuts just knowing they were there.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1406073365|3718639 said:
That puppy is perfect. NO issues at all.

AND a very desirable size that's not always easy to find.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
optimizedlife|1406168013|3719535 said:
I've just seen 'eye clean' VS2s in person that I could see black chunks in. That would drive me nuts just knowing they were there.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who has seen this - I've been looking online at VS2 and above recently and I've seen some that have clearly visible inclusions, such as a whacking great big crystal on the edge of the table!

I thought VS2 was suppposed to be eye clean generally?? :???:

Just makes me want to stick to VVS stones, which are naturally horrendously expensive... :roll: lol

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
Yeah makes it tougher for sure. I've also seen some SI1s with video (like on James Allen) that look perfectly clear to me :)

Just makes it easier to find a good deal I think....if you look carefully.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, it's possible to even find eye Si2 and even, I1 (although, pretty rare, I would think). I wouldn't necessarily go I1, but it's an interesting phenomena when you run across one; opens up many possibilities...

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I see what you mean and maybe your definition of eye clean is more "mind clean", which I get and appreciate. For me, I really mean just eye clean from a casual distance, more than 12" away. In my Si2, I can see a tiny white thing if I really search just in the right place and strain my eyes for a bit (within 8-10"). The casual observer, and no so casual, would NOT be able to see anything. Also, maybe try to find white inclusions like twinning wisps, white diamond crystals, small feathers...if there's a vendor or two you like, ask them to help you find something that meets your criteria. You might have more luck that way and you could save quite a bit of budget or go up in something else, like color or size.

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock
So here's my question...WHY is this diamond so cheap. $4-5k cheaper than others of it's size and stats on average.

It just makes me suspicious...like I'm missing something. I know everyone here says great diamond etc, but...if so then why is it so cheap?

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
I've noticed that their expert selection line goes in waves of amazing prices for the quality to fair prices for the quality. This happens to be from a group of very favorably priced diamonds.

There is nothing wrong with it.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OoohShiny|1406238013|3720007 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only person who has seen this - I've been looking online at VS2 and above recently and I've seen some that have clearly visible inclusions, such as a whacking great big crystal on the edge of the table!

Just makes me want to stick to VVS stones, which are naturally horrendously expensive... :roll: lol

YOU GOTTA SEE THE DIAMOND!

I once had a client who could regularly see VS2 inclusions, sitting across the desk from me in my office. He brought his fiance in to see the diamond and neither she, nor I could see it, and I have pretty good eyes, which were way better back then. Even though she loved the diamond he could not handle the inclusion, so he stepped up to a more expensive VS1 of the same size and color.

Ten years later he came in and wanted to get her a larger diamond. When I said I would start looking for a nice VS1 for her he said, "You don't need to do that. Years of working with tiny tiny parts at Hewlet Packard have ruined my eye sight. A VS2 or even a nice SI1 will do just fine now."

So, some of you youngsters will see things that we geezers can not. Most VS2's will be completely eye clean to most people, but some may have inclusions that are visible to those lucky few with built in microscopic vision. Even if you can see no inclusions, you will need to see the diamond to know if YOU like it and the way that it plays with the light.

Wink

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1406469071|3721440 said:
OoohShiny|1406238013|3720007 said:

YOU GOTTA SEE THE DIAMOND!

I once had a client who could regularly see VS2 inclusions, sitting across the desk from me in my office. He brought his fiance in to see the diamond and neither she, nor I could see it, and I have pretty good eyes, which were way better back then. Even though she loved the diamond he could not handle the inclusion, so he stepped up to a more expensive VS1 of the same size and color.

Ten years later he came in and wanted to get her a larger diamond. When I said I would start looking for a nice VS1 for her he said, "You don't need to do that. Years of working with tiny tiny parts at Hewlet Packard have ruined my eye sight. A VS2 or even a nice SI1 will do just fine now."

So, some of you youngsters will see things that we geezers can not. Most VS2's will be completely eye clean to most people, but some may have inclusions that are visible to those lucky few with built in microscopic vision. Even if you can see no inclusions, you will need to see the diamond to know if YOU like it and the way that it plays with the light.

Wink
Thanks for the reply, Wink :)

lol @ the eyesight thing, I think it comes to us all :geek: :lol:

I'm well on the way, I reckon!

Although they are great and extremely useful, I do think that the blown-up videos and pictures can make us over-sensitive to inclusions that would be all but impossible to see in real life :)

That, and PriceScope is eeeeviiiiilll and gives us all DSS :Up_to_something: :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results