carat
color
clarity

If you happen to read this...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1405998442|3718042 said:
Thank you all! Will be in surgery 1:15 central time Tuesday. I know what to expect this time so I'm hoping it goes better. Pray I get a straight leg and my pain is gone. I have never gotten straight. We are going to put in a smaller tibia implant and cushion so my hamstring glides better. Being off by even minimal degrees causes pelvic rotation and pain down my leg to my ankle. I had first implant as I said Feb'13 and then had it stretched 8 weeks later. I had arthroscopic 9 weeks ago and it's still not straight. Consulted with Northwestern Hospital who said this should do the trick. If it doesn't, we Botox the muscle. I'm just wanting to be done! Left leg is going to need to be done in the next five years. Sucks to get old. And thanks Dad for the lovely knees!

Oh AprilBaby, I'm back to say my heart goes out to you and I hope it goes perfectly this time. I am sending tons of healing vibes and prayers and will continue keeping you in my thoughts.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, I hope today went well. I've been thinking of you. :wavey:

I was telling Missy in her thread earlier I'll probably need knee replacement sometime soon and I decided tonight no way in heck can I get in either of our cars with a straight leg. Cars are too small these days. When I had my knees operated on decades ago you could easily get in and out of the back seat of a car. Not these days. Of course I was younger, thinner and more spry in those days. :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Praying for you. Hope all went well, and speedy recovery!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you return, I hope it will be with a perfect knee. We will be waiting. Prayers outgoing now.

Hugs,
(((AprilBaby)))
Deb/AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AprilBaby, I hope all went well with your surgery today and you are resting comfortably.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, you should be out of surgery now and hopefully feeling no pain and resting now. I hope your surgery went well and that your recovery will go smoothly. (((Hugs))).

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope all is fine!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it all went well and they are taking good care of you. Use that PCA! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope all is well. :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late to this post, Aprilbaby, but many prayers for your quick and perfect recovery!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late as well...wishing you the best possible outcome and a speedy recovery!
:wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think because of your prayers, well wishes and dust it went very very well. I am still in the hospital until Thursday. They opened the knee and decided to keep the tibial implant in but change the cushion between the implants to a smaller size. They also cleaned out all the scar tissue from previous surgery and got my knee straitened to minus zero. I'm in no pain thanks to OxyContin. Thanks for continued prays, especially when I go home and don't have the IV or oxy. If you contine to think of me, please pray that PT gets me very straight and I stay there! You guys are the best!!!!! Thanks!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1406132891|3719126 said:
I think because of your prayers, well wishes and dust it went very very well. I am still in the hospital until Thursday. They opened the knee and decided to keep the tibial implant in but change the cushion between the implants to a smaller size. They also cleaned out all the scar tissue from previous surgery and got my knee straitened to minus zero. I'm in no pain thanks to OxyContin. Thanks for continued prays, especially when I go home and don't have the IV or oxy. If you contine to think of me, please pray that PT gets me very straight and I stay there! You guys are the best!!!!! Thanks!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: WOOHOO!!!! I'm so happy for you AprilBaby! Why can't you have oxy when you go home? I'm living on the stuff except it only takes the edge off the pain for me...
Anyway, great news and what a relief. Will continue keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping PT gets you straight. Sending big hugs your way too.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear your surgery went well AprilBaby! Sounds like you are on your way to recovery. Sending lots of prayers and dust your way. When does your PT begin?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear things went well. PS dust is amazing! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
April,

Your report on your surgery sounds Very Good! :appl:
Great mounds of healing dust just tossed into the air here and headed your way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thumbs up--healing vibes your way. :))

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news! We'll continue sending good healing thoughts your way! Sounds like you have a great result so far!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April
Quick recovery dust on its way to you... :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get hydrocodone when I go home tomorrow . My out patient PT starts Monday. Still numb from femoral block so no pain yet. Tomorrow is another day.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on getting to go home!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, I'm taking it as a good sign that you are feeling well enough to post updates. I'm so sorry your having to go thru everything again. On a positive note, all of this will be behind you when your beautiful granddaughter arrives. Continuing to send dust and prayers your way.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Glad things went well.
It's almost time to go home. Yay!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Aprilbaby!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, wishing you the absolute best and a smooth and speedy recovery. You're so brave!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
texaskj|1406173002|3719594 said:
Glad things went well.
It's almost time to go home. Yay!

Yes! Enjoy going home. And Hope your recovery goes smoothly.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear things have gone well so far. That is great you get to go home tomorrow.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
glad to hear things went well!!
Thoughts and prayers outgoing for a speedy and smooth recovery!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Dust going out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results