shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying from Ritani - no IdealScope or ASETscope images?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all :wavey:

Another question from me I'm afraid! :oops:

I was just looking through Ritani's website and I noticed that some of the stones seem cheaper than other vendors for similar specs, and some of their settings are too!

However, I can't see any ASET or IdealScope images on the website - I'm assuming they are done for their 'reserve' diamonds only? This thread seems to say it is!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-ritani-com-trustable.193124/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-ritani-com-trustable.193124/[/URL]

Are they able to provide ASET and Idealscope images if we request them for non-Reserve diamonds?

Or do we have to just work out the HCA scores from the GIA/AGS reports on the stones and then 'buy blind' and hope?
(I can't get the reports to open on this computer now, though, dammit... :wall: )

Alternatively, I think I was reading that WF can get Ritani settings in for the same price as on the Ritani website, so would it be better/safer to select from the A Cut Above range at WF but use Ritani settings?

Thanks very much if you are able and kind enough to offer any input! :)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my diamond loose from Ritani. They do NOT offer ASET or idealscopes. I just searched for an AGS000 stone, i actually chose 2 and had a phone/online consultation with a gemologist. I ended up with an AGS000 1.01 I VS2 for $5700 which i consider quite a "steal" in the sense that everything i had been looking at had been smaller at that price, or much more expensive. They do have a good return policy and i do believe they send up to 2 completed rings to a local ritani jeweler....im not sure if they do the same for loose stones.

It's not a path usually taken by the PS community, but it did work out for me. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1405995525|3718001 said:
I bought my diamond loose from Ritani. They do NOT offer ASET or idealscopes. I just searched for an AGS000 stone, i actually chose 2 and had a phone/online consultation with a gemologist. I ended up with an AGS000 1.01 I VS2 for $5700 which i consider quite a "steal" in the sense that everything i had been looking at had been smaller at that price, or much more expensive. They do have a good return policy and i do believe they send up to 2 completed rings to a local ritani jeweler....im not sure if they do the same for loose stones.

It's not a path usually taken by the PS community, but it did work out for me. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :wavey:

I'd go with a WF diamond and get the Ritani setting through them.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies, both, much appreciated :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results