shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this diamond look darker/more yellow in this Halo?

sparky_2304

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I have an 1.2-ct I-color, VS2/GIA3X loose diamond bought from BN that I was very satisfied with. I recently set the diamond in a Halo setting ring with the average pave diamonds being I-color, SI2 range. However, I couldn't help to notice that the diamond seem to look darker and more yellow when in the setting compared to in the loose form. I have attached several pictures under different lighting conditions and am wondering if I could have some advice as to whether it's my eyes playing tricks on me, or this is actually what's suppose to look like, or I have used too high a color for pave stones. Thanks so much for the help!

Here's the ring under normal florescent lighting conditions (CFL light, indirect about 45 deg angle):
1_285.jpg
2_162.jpg

Here's the ring under more direct florescent lighting (CFL light, about 90 deg from top)
3_126.jpg
4_67.jpg

And here's the ring under more natural lighting conditions (no light in room, outside lighting from sunlight only)
5_55.jpg
6_31.jpg

_20455.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, pretty ring!! I really like the setting you chose with the plain shank! Here's the thing with melee... they will usually look brighter/whiter than the center stone (unless it's a D/E). Even if you'd chosen J or K melee for your halo, those stones may still appear brighter due to the teeny tiny little facets. Is your stone clean (like on the bottom side)? It's hard to tell a whole lot from photos...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note: by "clean", I mean like smudged, dirt, oils on the surface (just to clarify) :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that you'll see a little contrast between a halo and center stone with an I color center. I actually like that myself. I don't see anything that looks unusual in your pictures. I'd just be sure there is good sparkle in your halo with SI2 melee in the halo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results