shape
carat
color
clarity

Do most European men wear wedding bands?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF's pinky ring got me thinking. Pictures of royal men they wear pinky ring but no wedding bands. I don't remember seeing men wear them on various trips to Europe either. Why or why not? And why a pinky ring? Wouldn't a wedding band be more significant?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, The company I worked for had office in both Germany and France. The men I knew did not wear wedding bands and they were all married.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1405976448|3717834 said:
AprilBaby, The company I worked for had office in both Germany and France. The men I knew did not wear wedding bands and they were all married.
Of course not, b/c it is easier to pick up women.. :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1405992658|3717984 said:
Calliecake|1405976448|3717834 said:
Of course not, b/c it is easier to pick up women.. :naughty:

All my life I've heard about men picking up women.
I totally do not understand this picking up women thing.

Personally, I have never seen a woman fall down.

screen_shot_2014-07-21_at_8.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go:

_20465.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pinky rings are signet rings and are worn with the family crest or seal on them. For families of the right class a pinky ring from the family has a lot more significance than a wedding ring. Wedding rings for men are a pretty new thing in general, signet rings go back generations. I live in London and see younger men who work office jobs wearing wedding rings.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I'm in Ireland and it's usually only the younger men who you'll see wearing their wedding ring. My husband doesn't wear his, hates rings. He does a lot of outdoor work and he just doesn't like the feel of it. My father, grandfather or any of my uncles don't wear theirs. Don't know why, I think it prob is to do with not being comfortable rather than just not wearing it if that makes sense. Don't see many pinkey rings here though, prob not enough class :)

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I would say that most men my dad's age (60s) don't. Most men my husband's age do (30s). My husband is American and only wears his ring occasionally.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience goes along with the observations of mayerling and Scarlett. The younger European men I know do wear their wedding bands while older men (both American and European) do not wear them as often. My dad never wears his wedding band but that's a comfort thing.

I do know plenty of older European men who do wear them so while there are definite trends I don't know if there is a usual and customary. I will add that most of the European men I know live in America now but there are a few who still live in Europe and they all wear their wedding bands but they are mostly under the age of 40.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
DH wore a wedding band for the 1st decade or so -- he's Dutch -- but then...erm...outgrew it & hasn't worn it since then. Some of our European friends (who live in Europe & are older) wear them; others don't. It's less usual than here, I agree.

My father -- American through & through -- never wore one. He found jewelry uncomfortable. Neither of my brothers have them either.

--- Laurie

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My father is sort of Dutch - meaning that my mother was, and my father was living in Holland when he got married and for ~ a decade after that. He wore a wedding ring then and still does. All three of my brothers, now living in America, wear wedding rings.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband spends a lot if time in London. I just asked him if he sees many men wearing rings in London. He looked at me like I had five heads and said he had no idea. He followed up with he did notice that most of the woman wear smaller diamonds. But he said the only reason he noticed was because he had just bought his dear wife a larger one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results