shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own nicer jewelry than your boss?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drive a nicer car than your boss?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In terms of quality? Almost always. In terms of size... no. My jewelry is very modest size wise. Very high quality, but not impressive AT ALL in terms of size.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Retired now, but ex-boss was a man so yes to the first question.
Didn't know what type of car he drove.

But, he makes jewelry as a hobby and has sold some on Etsy.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. Both nicer in quality in terms of diamond cut, but also in the quality of the piece itself.

She's made snide comments about my ring to my colleagues, but says nice things to me only. :rolleyes:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boss is a man so yes as he doesn't wear any jewelry but he drives a much nicer (leased) car than we do. Though I love our (not leased but owned by us) car and wouldn't want a 2 seater. Doesn't fit in with our lifestyle at all. Beautiful jewelry however goes with everything. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1405928196|3717425 said:
Yup. Both nicer in quality in terms of diamond cut, but also in the quality of the piece itself.

She's made snide comments about my ring to my colleagues, but says nice things to me only. :rolleyes:

Wow, it constantly amazes me how petty and unprofessional people in positions of power can be. I mean, it would be bad enough if she was a colleague to be sure but as a person in charge she behaves in such an unprofessional manner. Seriously pathetic. :nono:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Well my boss is a 2 1/2 year old toddler so I would hope so!

Although occasionally I catch her trying on my rings....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1405940455|3717464 said:

LOL, love this. :bigsmile:

And one thing you can count on is that eventually all your beautiful bling will be worn by your current boss. I mean, how many of us can say that haha.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My direct supervisor has one of those princess cluster rings in a halo so yes. Our cars are about the same

As for her boss, and boss's boss, they drive much nicer cars but still my jewelry is nicer ( at least what I see them wear to work)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1405940835|3717468 said:
misskittycat|1405940455|3717464 said:

LOL, love this. :bigsmile:

And one thing you can count on is that eventually all your beautiful bling will be worn by your current boss. I mean, how many of us can say that haha.

I hope so Missy! She seems quite taken with jewellery at the moment! I have to keep moving them to higher spots so she can't pilfer them. Lord knows where she would hide them, if given the chance.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Definitely. My boss wears an ugly low quality pear that she's never cleaned. Yuck.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh I wouldn't know! I work from home and telecommute online plus most of the people I work with our men. :-o

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to my one-over-one boss with regard to jewellery, as my boss is a male, however, she happens to own the company, therefore, I guess jewellery is probably not high on her shopping list or list of priorities.

DK :))

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat said:

I was just going to say the same thing! My 3 year old and 1 year old are my bosses. I think my jewelry is better quality than my 3 year old's plastic princess jewelry, though some days she disagrees. ;-)

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
I drive a nicer car and have bigger diamonds then my boss... actually same goes with everyone in my office.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat said:

LOVE it!!!!

My bosses are miss 3.5yo and miss 12mo... the 12mo likes my princess studs..and my FIVOY pendant...

as for work... i cant compare as i am the boss... hehehehe.. there is one client/customer that wears a 5 ct E coloured Emerald cut, flanked by other emeralds set in a channel setting to boot from what i can remember. All i can see is the whiteness of the diamond. It also blings! i didnt really have much time to look at it apart from glancing at it. I have not had the courage to ask to take photos, as it woudl be unprofessional...her parents were jewellers so she got the diamond that she wants. lucky her!!! she also has an amazing pearl ring.. the pearl would be like 25mm round.. it is ginormous, like her personality. it suits her...

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely less expensive diamonds than my boss. She really likes large bling. I'm not a car person, neither is she. I think they're about the same and designed to haul kiddies.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
labellavita81|1405946161|3717511 said:
I drive a nicer car and have bigger diamonds then my boss... actually same goes with everyone in my office.
hi501.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boss is a man so definitely I have nicer jewelry. He has a pickup and I have a car so I guess we can't make any comparisons for me.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
My boss drives MUCH nicer cars than I do but I don't care because I have way better jewellery!

My boss is a guy and has tiny diamonds in his wedding band and no other jewellery. His wife has a few pretty things but they're not really my style. Small stones set in chunky yellow gold. Actually, there are very few people at here with diamonds bigger than about .25. I work for a university and my colleagues are generally quite disdainful of my "habit" :rolleyes:

The wife of a colleague has a diamond around the same size as mine in diamond split shank setting that was probably more expensive than mine, but I have no clue if it's better quality than mine because I've never seen it clean...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicer is subjective. Boss is male, hence no jewellery and he drives a truck.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work mostly for a non profit, nice jewelry at work is somewhat frowned upon.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My boss is a man and he doesn't wear any jewelry. He drives a company vehicle so my car is much, much nicer. I don't know what he drives when he's not at work though. I do know his savings account is probably much, much, much bigger than mine.

One of my co-workers has a Tiffany Lucinda ring. The diamond appears to be about a carat. She has eternity rings stacked on both sides of the e-ring. I do admire that ring. She also wears a 2 ct princess pendant and some diamond huggies. She's about the only one I know professionally with jewelry that makes me jealous.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
My bosses have been men for the most part; the one time I worked for a woman, she was unmarried and wore high-end costume jewelry (from Saks mostly).

I prefer my jewelry to my bosses' wives jewelry but I helped pick out almost all of mine so it makes sense that I think it's nicer than theirs :D

Some of my colleagues have had some really pretty jewelry though. :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boss is a wealthy man. His wife is a twin. He admitted at a Christmas party that his wife's ring is CZ because diamonds are a waste. Her identical twin got an upgrade diamond so now he has to upgrade the CZ! Wife has no idea the employees know it's a fake!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am my own boss, so yes and no. :rolleyes: ;))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes and yes.

I bought my first (and probably last) new car when I was about a year out of grad school. I remember I drove it to work and my DM came in that day. I was so excited and I asked him if he'd seen my new car... he literally rolled his eyes and said, "Umm, yeah... how could I have missed it." He was about 4 years older and was married with 3 kids, so we'd obviously chosen different paths in life... I guess he was judging me. :rolleyes: He was always kind of an a$$hole though, so I just continued on being excited! LOL :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Jewelry, yes. Car, no.

I remember the first time the bosses noticed my E-ring- "That's the difference between getting married in your early 30s vs your early 20s." They were both married really young and have never upgraded.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I have seen here at work, yes mine is nicer than anyone in my district of 189 people. But I do work for the state and the salaries are low here. Most of the engineers are men so they wear very little. I wear my new ring anyway because that is why I bought it to wear every day. My coworkers know I love my bling and if they talk behind my back I couldn't care less.

Edited for Kenny - couldn't care less.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My boss is European, and not into jewelry. She wears a plain wedding band, so yes, my jewelry is nicer. When I was first hired I had a nicer car than her, but we both recently just got new cars. She finally splurged and got a car >$100k on her very first every brand NEW car! Now she has a nicer car than I do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results