shape
carat
color
clarity

Big, Big Ruckus news...maybe, fingers crossed it happens

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
OK here it is.... The presentations might be (cross your fingers) shown like the google chats I have gotten to do at PP. What that means is you will be able to see Douglas, Sea of Cortez talk about his pearls and pearl farm, Josh of Kamoka talk about how he grows his wonderful pearls. There are others scheduled to speak but I don't want to spoil all of the suprises. There will also be a show and tell with several designers. This is very, very exciting. Jeremy is meeting with a video expert to see if it can be set up on Monday. So say a prayer and/or cross your fingers it can all be worked out so even if you won't be physically there you won't miss out totally on the fun.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
That would be wonderful!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
This is an excellent idea both for those who attend (and can watch the presentations again once they're home) and especially for the many who can't attend. Terrific idea!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought so too Bsomlo. I really hope it works out. I know Jeremy will try his very best to pull it off. But my fingers are crossed anyway.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How wonderful !! One day I'll manage to be in the country when this happens !! What a good idea!!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful idea ... even to review again, or share with family and friends who ask about pearls etc.! Fingers crossed ...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
katbran|1405743986|3716399 said:
How wonderful !! One day I'll manage to be in the country when this happens !! What a good idea!!
It would be wonderful if you could come to the ruckus. With fingers crossed maybe you will be able to see and hear the talks this year.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this happens. It was fun skyping with people in other countries at the Vulcan Mansion ruckus. They should be able to see the fun too.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love this idea!!! What a treat for all pearl fanatics!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
4Ranch Girl. That would be great! Please thank everyone involved for all of their efforts to make this a possibility.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is ruckus event? Where is it? Is it a pearl fair with presentations?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
please ask Jeremy to keep the presentations up for a good length of time so those of us unable to view when it happens can do so later....and again and again!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
thecat|1405786442|3716607 said:
It's a multi day event held by Pearl Paradise in Los Angeles. The last three years in a Mansion and features guest speakers, pearl farmers, nucleus creator, vendors and even movie filmers/producers. The president of the Cultured Pearl Association of America came to the Saturday evening dinner two years ago at the last ruckus. There are classes to learn new skills too.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1405792357|3716638 said:
thecat|1405786442|3716607 said:
It's a multi day event held by Pearl Paradise in Los Angeles. The last three years in a Mansion and features guest speakers, pearl farmers, nucleus creator, vendors and even movie filmers/producers. The president of the Cultured Pearl Association of America came to the Saturday evening dinner two years ago at the last ruckus. There are classes to learn new skills too.

Wow, it sounds so fun and interesting and enriching. Too bad it's so far from me. Have a blast, ladies! And many photos please!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Crossing fingers that the video expert will happen. There are something to be tweaked from the last few Google chats, imo. Too many times the pearls are out of focus or there are not as many close-ups. It's too hard to see the colors, etc.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
My fingers and toes are both crossed! Jeremy is so thoughtful!!! This would be amazing! Thanks for letting us know 4RG :wavey:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The google chats were never meant to be QVC/Shopping channel quality productions. They are improving equipment to make them better each time. I enjoy them for what they are. Fun and informational.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and they really are educational!
I haven't been but given the line up of speakers/presenters I imagine it is nearly impossible to not learn something.
and anything that is called a "ruckus" just has to be fun!
envious and would love to attend one day........

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1405955247|3717610 said:
and they really are educational!
I haven't been but given the line up of speakers/presenters I imagine it is nearly impossible to not learn something.
and anything that is called a "ruckus" just has to be fun!
envious and would love to attend one day........

+ 1

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I so hope this happens! I don't think I will ever be able to attend a ruckus; but, I love the pearl chats and would love to see a glimpse of the ruckus too!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
This is a direct copy and paste (with Jeremy's permission) of his email to me this afternoon.

"It looks like we won't know whether or not we'll be able to stream live until we are at the house. We don't know what the upload speed is at the mansion. That would determine the quality of the video. What we are probably going to do is just film the event and then upload to the Internet after the ruckus. This was we can be sure that the quality is good."

Well you might not get to see it happen live but the good news is you will get to hear and see what happens later. So that is a good thing :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo :appl: :appl: :appl: So thrilled with the update 4RG! Thank you :wavey:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing the dets with us!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The talks were recorded and will be posted after they are edited. So much good information to share, Lucy and Ethel did some interviews durning the Saturday party. They will be posted over a couple of months time. NL is on her way home so we will work on some posts Tuesday.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4RG thanks for the update :wavey: Looking forward to your review of the weekends events and lots of pearl photos!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
4RG - It was so quiet here with so many posters at the ruckus! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The talks and much else were indeed recorded at the ruckus. They will have to be edited and uploaded and I'm sure that will take time. But, as 4Ranch Girl likes to remind us, good things happen to those who wait.

In the meantime, here is a photo of our two Pearl Queens on the patio of the mansion over looking the Pacific. They were very, very helpful to many of us as we were choosing pearls over the weekend. They also worked very hard doing interviews of attendees which will take time to get uploaded. Please be patient.

In the meantime, thank you so much 4Ranch Girl and NacreLover! I bow to your pearly wisdom and salute you. :appl: :appl: :appl:

pearlqueens.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Two very lovely pearl pearl queens!

Fly Girl - Are you ready to share what you selected at PP? Please????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results