shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity band - light pink or yellow diamonds?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1405865543|3717022 said:
momhappy|1405862901|3717007 said:
misskittycat|1405835182|3716934 said:
misskittycat|1405824573|3716865 said:
momhappy|1405778472|3716556 said:
misskittycat|1405739557|3716365 said:
I have both the yellow sapphire and pink sapphire eternity bands from Blue Nile (I know it's not diamonds but it's a similar look).

I love them both. But surprisingly I think I love the yellow one more than the pink and I am not a yellow gold person. But you wear a lot of rose gold.... I'm not sure the super pale pinks are worth it...

May I ask why you feel that the pale pinks are not worth it if I wear a lot of rose gold? The fact that I adore rose gold is actually what got me to start thinking about pink diamonds (because they add something unique to the typical rose gold/white diamond combination).
Thank you for sharing your rings - your stack reminds me a little bit of mine (with various styles of white diamond bands and mixed metals).

Because I have seen pale pinks in real like and honestly, for the money I think it's really not worth it. Even set in rose gold they aren't very pink. I would only bother if you are going to go 4P or lower which is very expensive. So the premium you pay for light pinks isn't worth it for me.

Sorry - should read life not like!

Something this pink would be fab:

https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/micro-pave/micro-pave-bands/pink-diamond-string-wedding-band-detail his pinks always look nice and saturated.

I'm not a LM fan (I had an unpleasant customer service experience). In regards to his pink bands, yes, they are lovely, but if we are talking about value, I certainly don't think $3500 for a band the width of a dime would be worth it IMO. However, the color of the pinks that he utilizes are very pretty:)
Any other suggestions for pink bands?

Well, depending on your budget- you could get quotes from Victor, Steven and Maytal Hannah- which will probably be the highest prices. I would also look at Leibish and DBL-Leibish band is featured below in light fancy pink, but they can make this in fancy pink. I would also talk with Chris at ERD- he showed me some fancy pink melee they had easy access to and I'm sure they could make it. But the first person I would contact would be Caysie at CVB Inspired Design. I actually plan on asking her about making one for me. I am having another ring made by her right now which uses pink melee and the picture of a pink eternity band she sent me that her bench made was gorgeous. I don't feel comfortable posting it as it's not my photo to share, but you might want to send her an email. She's quick to respond and great to work with.

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I actually used Chris at ERD for my halo E-ring reset and loved him, so I will contact him first. I will also try Caysie. =)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome!!! Can you see I've been researching the topic myself?! :lol: Please let me know what you decide!! =)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
As I suspected, the price increases significantly with brighter pinks. So far, it's looking like a fancy pink (as opposed to a light pink) is going to add about $2500-$3000 to the price tag.
My original thought was just to have a couple of "fun" bands to play around with. Something pretty, handmade, and of decent quality - but not necessarily a top-of-the-line quality. After doing more research (and reading the responses here), I started thinking more seriously about a pink diamond band. I think that in order to get anything decent, you have to be willing to spend. Now I need to decide if this is something that I really want to invest some money into or if I want to stick with my original plan and compromise.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I wasn't suggesting you buy that band, I was simply saying the colour is what I would go for. Lots of vendors could make something beautiful for you. It was the first picture I found with the right color pink.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1405871146|3717065 said:
As I suspected, the price increases significantly with brighter pinks. So far, it's looking like a fancy pink (as opposed to a light pink) is going to add about $2500-$3000 to the price tag.
My original thought was just to have a couple of "fun" bands to play around with. Something pretty, handmade, and of decent quality - but not necessarily a top-of-the-line quality. After doing more research (and reading the responses here), I started thinking more seriously about a pink diamond band. I think that in order to get anything decent, you have to be willing to spend. Now I need to decide if this is something that I really want to invest some money into or if I want to stick with my original plan and compromise.

I know it's not diamonds...

But have you considered sapphires? I am thrilled with both of my bands and if you are after something pretty but not too expensive, it could be an option worth investigating...?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Pink sapphires don't really appeal to me - to be honest, I'd rather have light pink diamonds. I guess the intense pink color doesn't matter to me as much as does the uniqueness & beauty of natural pink diamonds. I'm thinking of trusting my gut and going with my original plan of purchasing the two bands under the assumption that the pink color may not be as intense as I'd like it to be. I just want some fun bands to play around with and I think that they fit the bill. The vendor has been extremely helpful & professional so far and even though I've only seen images of the pink diamonds, I'm satisfied with the process so far.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
No worries! I wasn't sure what the imperative was - whether you wanted to keep the price low or were really set on diamonds. You should definitely do what you want and if you are happy with the vendor then you should proceed!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wish I knew! I have never seen one IRL, hence I am of no help. Looking forward to what you decide!

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1405782749|3716590 said:
^Thanks for sharing! Are you happy with the pink? I know that the color is light, but is it noticeably pink? Is your set the larger carat weight or the smaller one (she has bands with about .20 carats and some with about .50 carats - I'm looking at the .50 carats).

Mine are around .35 each at a size six. The pink is most noticeable when it's next to a white band, it's a light pink for sure. It didn't cost much more than plain white, that's why I went for it. Strong pink melee is insanely expensive so this is what you'll get for pink on a budget. This is one of the reasons why I want two white bands, so I can alternate sandwiching the pink or yellow in between them and really have the colors pop. I have had many compliments on the rings any time I have worn them.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Update: I ordered both the pink and the yellow bands (yellow diamonds/yellow gold & pink diamonds/rose gold - both 0.51 carats each) They should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1406499870|3721632 said:
Update: I ordered both the pink and the yellow bands (yellow diamonds/yellow gold & pink diamonds/rose gold - both 0.51 carats each) They should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

I know you're excited!!! Please share photos once you receive them =)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Yes, I'm excited. The wait is always tough… I will post pics after they arrive:)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see the pictures Momhappy! Great decision getting both.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh, sure…. after I've already ordered the two bands, my husband tells me that I can increase my budget on the project :shock: I've let the jeweler know that I might be interested in upgrading the color or carat weight of one or both bands. I'm really hoping to upgrade the pink diamond band (in terms of color), but the jeweler may not have the ability to do so.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1406993350|3724935 said:
Oh, sure…. after I've already ordered the two bands, my husband tells me that I can increase my budget on the project :shock: I've let the jeweler know that I might be interested in upgrading the color or carat weight of one or both bands. I'm really hoping to upgrade the pink diamond band (in terms of color), but the jeweler may not have the ability to do so.

Probably depends if she has to buy a large amount of melee in the more intense color- I would imagine she could source it. Isn't she in Israel? Or are you using a different vendor?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Your husband's timing is impeccable! Sheesh! Hope you can work out an upgrade, but in any event, I'm dying to see the finished products.

--- Laurie

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
:errrr: The wait is killin' me :lol:
The completion date for my two colored diamond bands is approaching and I'm crossing my fingers that I will have some pictures to post by Sept. 5th.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see the pictures with your engagement ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest both so I am glad you are getting both - can't wait to see them!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
can't wait to see pics!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
What did you end up going for momhappy - higher tcw or more intense colour??

Can't wait to see them!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I ended up going with higher carat weight (they will be almost a a full carat each). It was a really tough choice because the alternative would have been to skip the yellow diamond band and put all of the budget towards one brighter colored pink band. In the end, I decided that I wanted the flexibility of two different colored bands.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow is delivery day! :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to seeing your lovely new bands!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^So am I, but not today I guess:( FedEx has screwed up the whole process. I scheduled the delivery at my local FedEx, so that I could pick it up (because I didn't want to wait around all day to sign for it). They accidentally put the package on the FedEx truck and of course, tried to deliver them during that one frickin' hour that I wasn't home today. I called FedEx and the lady told me that my box was at a FedEx location (that was further away) and that I could pick them up at any time. Right after school, I loaded up my DD and we drove to FedEx, where I was informed that my package would not arrive until after 7pm. So……FedEx, you suck :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Happy Mom. Are you picking them up tomorrow?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My bands arrived =)

img_5464.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous. They look beautiful with your engagement ring and so worth the wait!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fab! The pink really stands out, time for a proper thread and a lot more pics!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
They are both so pretty, and look lovely with your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results