shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity band - light pink or yellow diamonds?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I think that I want to get a new eternity band for my halo e-ring and I could also wear it with my right-hand stacking set. I found a pave eternity band set in rose gold with light pink diamonds. The pink color is noticeable, but still pretty light. I can get the same band in yellow diamonds, but the yellow color is much more intense. Both bands are about .50 carats (my ring size is a 3.25). I can't decide - is the light pink color even worth it? I'm thinking of maybe buying both (I would get a slight discount) because like I said, I can always mix and match with my e-ring or my right-hand stacking set. My current wedding band is .50 carats set in rose gold with a slim rose gold spacer in between. I love the idea of pink diamonds, but again, I'm wondering if the light pink color would be that much different from my current wedding band (posted below). What do you think?

10259969_10203204777895956_750586997472434522_5.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Here are some images to show the approximate colors of the pink & yellow diamonds in the rings that I'm looking at. Also, if anyone has any images of light pink diamond wedding bands, please share. Thanks:)

il_152.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
and here's the pink...

il_153.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pink!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I love pink and am not a big fan of yellow so pink would get my vote. If you can do both that would be lovely as well.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom happy, I love the pink. I also love the mixed metals with your halo ring. You really can't go wrong with either one but that pink is so beautiful.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a canary girl all the way, so the yellow band gets my vote.

But I think you should think about how you'll wear it and what you truly like. I love pink stones, but I personally would never wear them. They just don't match my personality or wardrobe.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought I wanted a yellow band but when I tried one on this week, I found it was too intense in colour for my ering. It drew too much attention.

The light pink one I tried on looked perfect however. Subtle but something just a little different. I was surprised.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which colour stands out better with your skin tone?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I think that both colors are fine with my skin tone. I actually already own a yellow diamond - it's a right-hand, three-stone ring set in white & yellow gold (with the center stone being an intense yellow princess cut). I don't wear it as an everyday ring though - for everyday wear, I typically mix and match a stacking set of rings (I have several rings that are mix of white diamond eternity bands in yellow, white, & rose gold and some plain metal bands in yellow, white, and rose gold). I have always adored intense yellow diamonds and I must admit, I'm not really a "pink" kind of girl. However, the thought of pink diamonds really appeals to me because you just don't see them that often (I don't know a single person with pink diamonds). I love rose gold too and the way that it looks with my platinum e-ring. I thought that the light pink diamonds might be something really unique to pair with my E-ring and I could also mix it into the stacking set if I wanted. Getting both appeals to me too because I could mix and match either color diamonds with my E-ring or the stacking set.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink one!!!!!! Lovely :love:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Definitely pink! :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it an online vendor? Would you mind sharing the link, if so? That pink band looks very nice. :)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have both the yellow sapphire and pink sapphire eternity bands from Blue Nile (I know it's not diamonds but it's a similar look).

I love them both. But surprisingly I think I love the yellow one more than the pink and I am not a yellow gold person. But you wear a lot of rose gold.... I'm not sure the super pale pinks are worth it...

_20392.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat|1405739557|3716365 said:
I have both the yellow sapphire and pink sapphire eternity bands from Blue Nile (I know it's not diamonds but it's a similar look).

I love them both. But surprisingly I think I love the yellow one more than the pink and I am not a yellow gold person. But you wear a lot of rose gold.... I'm not sure the super pale pinks are worth it...

May I ask why you feel that the pale pinks are not worth it if I wear a lot of rose gold? The fact that I adore rose gold is actually what got me to start thinking about pink diamonds (because they add something unique to the typical rose gold/white diamond combination).
Thank you for sharing your rings - your stack reminds me a little bit of mine (with various styles of white diamond bands and mixed metals).

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have these exact rings, I bought the white, pink and yellow set. I am glad I have all three and I plan on getting 1 more in white so I can mix and match as much as I want. Get them both!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Thanks for sharing! Are you happy with the pink? I know that the color is light, but is it noticeably pink? Is your set the larger carat weight or the smaller one (she has bands with about .20 carats and some with about .50 carats - I'm looking at the .50 carats).

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm a sucker for yellow diamonds, but I like the pink ring too. LOVE the milgrained edge on it -- that really adds style. If you're pining for rose gold, go for that!

--- Laurie

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^If I order the rose gold/pink diamond band, it will be the same style as the yellow diamond band. I was just posting an image of that pink diamond band to demonstrate the diamond color (not the style of ring). The two bands would be exactly alike (pave diamonds/.50 carats) except one would be yellow gold/yellow diamonds and the other rose gold/pink diamonds).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm voting for yellow! You're not a pink diamond girl. You love (from what I've read here on PS) your yellow diamonds, they look great on you, and they're HAPPY! Buy what makes you happy, not what might go better with whatever.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure I'd do the fancy light pink :shock: I know, I know- I'm usually the pink diamond cheerleader around here-lol. There are so many grades of "fancy Light pink" and it would depend on where the vendor's pinks fall as to whether I'd recommend them. Most light fancy eternity bands are such a pale pink that they really hardly look any different than white diamonds in rose gold which almost pick up a soft pinkish look about them. So unless the vendor has very, very, good light fancy pink diamonds- I'd pass. And, I'd buy a fancy pink band instead!! Have you seen the fancy light pinks that would be used in person? Photos generally make pinks look darker than they are. If the light pink band isn't very expensive (I know there's an Etsy vendor that makes these) and it would just be a fun band- well, I'll change my mind and say buy both and enjoy mixing them with your other rings.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
The price between a light pink and fancy pink would be quite a difference (I believe). Although, I could skip buying two bands (the light pink & yellow) and put it towards one fancy pink. Where can I find a brighter pink diamond band - any suggestions would be much appreciated:)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1405778472|3716556 said:

May I ask why you feel that the pale pinks are not worth it if I wear a lot of rose gold? The fact that I adore rose gold is actually what got me to start thinking about pink diamonds (because they add something unique to the typical rose gold/white diamond combination).
Thank you for sharing your rings - your stack reminds me a little bit of mine (with various styles of white diamond bands and mixed metals).

Because I have seen pale pinks in real like and honestly, for the money I think it's really not worth it. Even set in rose gold they aren't very pink. I would only bother if you are going to go 4P or lower which is very expensive. So the premium you pay for light pinks isn't worth it for me.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I have yellow diamond halo that I love, but I would go for a fancy pink eternity band if you like pink, based on the fact that you already have a yellow diamond RHR. I like variety!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both of them are beautiful. If you can swing it, get both so you can switch them out based on your mood for the day.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1405824573|3716865 said:

Because I have seen pale pinks in real like and honestly, for the money I think it's really not worth it. Even set in rose gold they aren't very pink. I would only bother if you are going to go 4P or lower which is very expensive. So the premium you pay for light pinks isn't worth it for me.

Sorry - should read life not like!

Something this pink would be fab:

https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/micro-pave/micro-pave-bands/pink-diamond-string-wedding-band-detail his pinks always look nice and saturated.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat|1405835182|3716934 said:

https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/micro-pave/micro-pave-bands/pink-diamond-string-wedding-band-detail his pinks always look nice and saturated.

Agree that the color is gorgeous, but his bands are soooo thin and so fragile. Less than a dime width is a little too narrow for my liking and then he makes several disclaimers about how delicate the band is and how you have to wear it carefully, etc. :rolleyes: I don't think I'd ever wear it with all his warnings!!! :shock:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote pink!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I'm not a LM fan (I had an unpleasant customer service experience). In regards to his pink bands, yes, they are lovely, but if we are talking about value, I certainly don't think $3500 for a band the width of a dime would be worth it IMO. However, the color of the pinks that he utilizes are very pretty:)
Any other suggestions for pink bands?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1405862901|3717007 said:

I'm not a LM fan (I had an unpleasant customer service experience). In regards to his pink bands, yes, they are lovely, but if we are talking about value, I certainly don't think $3500 for a band the width of a dime would be worth it IMO. However, the color of the pinks that he utilizes are very pretty:)
Any other suggestions for pink bands?

Well, depending on your budget- you could get quotes from Victor, Steven and Maytal Hannah- which will probably be the highest prices. I would also look at Leibish and DBL-Leibish band is featured below in light fancy pink, but they can make this in fancy pink. I would also talk with Chris at ERD- he showed me some fancy pink melee they had easy access to and I'm sure they could make it. But the first person I would contact would be Caysie at CVB Inspired Design. I actually plan on asking her about making one for me. I am having another ring made by her right now which uses pink melee and the picture of a pink eternity band she sent me that her bench made was gorgeous. I don't feel comfortable posting it as it's not my photo to share, but you might want to send her an email. She's quick to respond and great to work with.

jewelry-2317-1-ring-18k_gold-gold_all_rose-8e8d7.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results