Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ......comment

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was thinking about a small diamond solitaire but wondering if cost of it is too much for size? This would be a
diamond which looks pink not subtle that you need to look. Saw one at 19 points and wondering about 19 to 25,
with the 25 being preferable. Not sure about ballpark for this though. Not buying this year anyway. pref
I would prefer a round, although know not easy with pink diamonds to have a specific preference and get it.

Interested in opinions!? Would you buy a ring like that???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Small pink diamond solitaire (not engagement) is it wort

It depends on the design of the ring and how it would look on my hand and if I was in love with pink diamonds. If all of the above was positive then I would go for it. Personally I love size (big diamonds) so much that it might be a nice change from my usual MO. Delicate and sweet and as long as it was very pink that might make up for the lack of size. I would just make sure to incorporate a solitaire design that did not overpower the diamond.

Have you considered a delicate pink diamond pendant instead? That might work well with the size if you made the necklace a choker length and had the pink diamond right at the nape of the neck.

Good luck with your pink diamond project. Sounds like an enjoyable one. :appl:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Would want it to be a ring. Not sure if it is a project yet. A pendant would be great too but only getting one if I do.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not sure if I am right, but think from looking around a 0.25ct is over $10,000. There is a nice colored 19 point one on James Allen but it is an I2 which I know is not unheard of as color is what is most important in colored diamonds, this one is over $6000.
I am veering towards it being too expensive for size for me, but not sure as would like. Will not be paying over $10,000 though or much over it if I do buy. Maybe a lighter pink but I want it to look pink to anyone who doesn't even know about pink diamonds. Over 25 points in a darker pink is out of my budget for sure.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I picked I would rather go with yellow and get a larger diamond. However I also would have picked too much money for a small impact if I could pick 2 answers.

I wouldn't feel comfortable spending $6k + on any diamond smaller than .90 or so, because I'm looking for size and don't have a large budget to begin with. I really want a FY and am planning on one in the next year or two.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

If you're going to get a small pink stone like that I wouldn't put it in a solitaire. There are lots of way to make the pink the star without overpowering it and without having it lost on your finger.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think if I fell in love with the color I would get it. I'd probably do a moi et toi ring with a white or something to add visual size and color comparison.

Also vintage designs in general lend themselves to smaller stones.

I wouldn't tell you its a waste of money. All diamonds are in that regard ;-) but if you want it you should do it :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I voted Other.

It's worth it to some people but not to others.
Only you can say whether it's worth it to you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Might be worth it to one person, not worth it to another. I would not set it as a solitaire because it will look very lonely. There are plenty of settings with small accents that will play up the FCD nicely without going the halo route.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock

Another +1 to the moi et toi idea or any ring design that accentuates without overpowering it. I think a .25 would look very lonely in a solitaire no matter how slender the finger, but could be an amazing part of a ring with some other design elements to enhance it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think about 4mm is a perfectly fine size for a petite solitaire! I have always wanted a high-impact colored diamond around that size for a ring (I want a lime green one with french cut sides... some day when I have an extra $20k lying around...).

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

http://www.iprimo.hk/en/smt/engagement/rings/

Here are some suggestions for smaller solitaires which might inspire you. I like this Japanese company a lot, they also do some rings with Argyle pink accent stones. :)

Eta: yes this is an average stone size in Asia for erings! :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My two votes were in the majority-too small for a solitaire and a lot of money for little impact. Like Missy, i though a pendant would be a great compromise but even a quarter carat solitaire is small IMHO. I would halo it with white diamonds for a pendant. Good luck.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My two votes were in the majority-too small for a solitaire and a lot of money for little impact. Like Missy, i though a pendant would be a great compromise but even a quarter carat solitaire is small IMHO. I would halo it with white diamonds for a pendant. Good luck.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I voted too much money for little impact - for that amount of money, I would want something with more presence, I just think it would get lost on the hand. I'd probably opt for a yellow diamond ring instead.

Sophie2788

Rough_Rock

This topic reminded me of a ring I saw the other day for sale, I would love to have it recreated one day! image_1989.jpg image_1990.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

If I loved pink that much then sure but the pink diamond bug has not bitten me yet thankfully, now it is a different story when it comes to yellows and since I too love size I am glad as even orangey or greenish yellows both of which I love are much more affordable than pinks and yes usually in much nicer quality too as many of the affordable pinks have poor color, cut, clarity or all of the above and look totally dead.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Love the look of the diamond but think it is too small at 19 points and only wanted a solitaire or with metal work around or two little diamonds. Will have to think about it. The I2 also puts me off but that is a large spot which doesn't seem to stand out in pink as much as in clear. There is also a feather down from it I think but in the crown only. Decisions, decisions but I think the size is just too small for me.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is one of my favorite rings with pink accent stones.

uploadfromtaptalk1405823005246.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

I ran across this design by Tiffany and thought of you. I think it would work for a small pink diamond- just think of doing it opposite. Pink diamond in the center with 3 small white melee on either side. This is shown with a .15 center diamond. I know it adds a few more little diamonds than you wanted- but might give enough finger presence this way.

29852014_934339_ed_m.jpeg

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock

I would wear that Tiffany ring! (colours reversed)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel|1405857039|3716985 said:
I ran across this design by Tiffany and thought of you. I think it would work for a small pink diamond- just think of doing it opposite. Pink diamond in the center with 3 small white melee on either side. This is shown with a .15 center diamond. I know it adds a few more little diamonds than you wanted- but might give enough finger presence this way.

Definitely something like this would be better than a solitaire. White diamonds enhance the color of a pink diamond. I wouldn't get a small pink unless I was setting white diamonds around it in some way.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Look at this magnificent ring by Victor Canera! :love: :love: :love:

vcpinkdiamond.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not sure why you object to a halo because it is the best way to set a really small colored stone, in my opinion. This is a very small pink I tried on last year. White metal ring with rose gold center under the pink diamond. I really loved it!

18_img_1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS

There is a version mentioned already. IHMO, it is almost a band - not a solitaire, inasmuch as the chasing waves of the design are interesting by themselves. Jensen does band rings in this spirit ... both subtle & properly not subtle - .2 is LARGE in this context.

A not round 'small' pinks could fit the concept well, letting singular samples of diamond colours speak ...

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To throw an alternative suggestion into the ring, would you consider a lab-created diamond?

They are MUCH cheaper for coloured stones.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Everybody's aware that this is a zombie thread from 2014, right? I don't mind seeing it again, as I have a thing for pink diamonds, but it's unlikely that @pyramid is still looking for advice on this topic...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote (and what I would do in your situation) is comb and sift through larger "brown" diamonds whose primary color is brown, but have a secondary modifier of pink and give the impression of pink. That's what I would do. I would love an argyle pink, but too rich for my blood.

oops just saw the post above, nevermind!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everybody's aware that this is a zombie thread from 2014, right? I don't mind seeing it again, as I have a thing for pink diamonds, but it's unlikely that @pyramid is still looking for advice on this topic...

Lol, I bet op is still looking :lol-2: thanks drk14

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results