shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch reset underway after four years of indecision

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I am very excited to post about my reset FINALLY!

Had a lovely visit to NYC and decided last minute to visit my two favorite sources of eye candy while I'm there and finally get this show on the road. I'm glad I did, because what I liked in person was different than what I liked on the computer screen.

I had toyed with trading my e 1.5 radiant for a yellow 2+ ct for years. I am resetting the e, and getting a yellow for a RHR. (Will do a separate post on my visit to DBL).

It will be similar to this: I believe it is Lovey's Leon Mege (please correct me if I'm wrong)

_20407.jpg

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Steven Kirsch reset underway after four years of indecis

I desperately wanted to incorporate pink diamonds into the design. I had all of these inspiration pics. I was thinking white diamond halo, with pink diamond band. Steven very politely talked me out of it. I'm still loving that idea but I deferred to his judgement. What do you all think? As a compromise he will be doing a pink diamond basket. I mean he knows what he's talking about right?
His work in person was absolutely stunning. I tried on the pear milgrain halo ring on his website and wanted to go home with it. It was amazing!
Inspiration pics to give you some eye candy while I wait for my ring:

pinkwhiteflowerringfinal.jpg

untitled10.jpg

image_911.jpg

champagne-diamond-ring-1.jpg

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

I wouldn't do the first pink flower halo but just thought it was awesome. I apologize to fellow PS'rs whose rings I have saved but fail to give credit here. I didn't make a note of who they belong to.

So we decided to do a pink diamond band instead. I will wear this 99% of the time on my right hand (excuse to build a stack haha). But will wear with ring on occasion. I love this combo:

_20409.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: I am completely biased, but it will be a gorgeous ring. This month I picked up a version by Victor Canera. Steven's version is very very pretty as well. We will be ring sisters, yay!
Mine has an Asscher Zircon.

Please come back with lots of handshots!!

I would totally trust Steven's judgement and keep it simple: the ring has enough going on. It will be stunning with the pink band. :love:

_20408.jpg

_20410.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Well, as a pink diamond lover I'm not going to talk you out of pink diamonds, although I wouldn't do the pink band on the style of ring that you chose. I don't think that would look right. The pink diamond basket will be gorgeous and since we frequently view our diamonds from the side- you'll see it all the time!!!! I love the design ring you chose and will look forward to seeing the photos! :love:
Didn't I read that Steven moved his office recently?

eta- Yay- just saw your post you added a pink diamond band as I was going to suggest that!!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

A few more pics for fun from my file:
(This is just from my phone, I have eleventy billion saved, some on computer some on ipad)

194e2cad9bbd2396062d2edf7d3484d7.jpg

_20411.jpg

profile_5.jpeg

ps381-custom.png

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1405793849|3716653 said:
:appl: I am completely biased, but it will be a gorgeous ring. This month I picked up a version by Victor Canera. Steven's version is very very pretty as well. We will be ring sisters, yay!

I would totally trust Steven's judgement and keep it simple: the ring has enough going on. It will be stunning with the pink band. :love:

He he I've been drooling over your ring while I wait impatiently. Congrats it is gorgeous! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

petrock<3|1405794308|3716657 said:
Acinom|1405793849|3716653 said:

He he I've been drooling over your ring while I wait impatiently. Congrats it is gorgeous! :appl:

Thank you!!!
I am so looking forward admiring yours! Will you have double or single claw prongs? And will you have metal or pave struts?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

pinkjewel|1405794018|3716654 said:
Well, as a pink diamond lover I'm not going to talk you out of pink diamonds, although I wouldn't do the pink band on the style of ring that you chose. I don't think that would look right. The pink diamond basket will be gorgeous and since we frequently view our diamonds from the side- you'll see it all the time!!!! I love the design ring you chose and will look forward to seeing the photos! :love:

eta- Yay- just saw your post you added a pink diamond band as I was going to suggest that!!

hi pinkjewel! I have more than one of your gorgeous pieces saved in my file as well! I was just showing my husband your cool photo of the florescence in your orchid ring.
I met him in the showroom I think it was called Allure or something like that?

I'm wrestling with doing a simple shared prong ( I think its called) or one with milgrained edges for the pink band.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom I will be doing double claw prongs, and the struts will be pink diamonds. He is going to do some kind of design, wasn't sure exactly what he was going to do. I'm just totally trusting his design sense. I'm an artist that does commission work and used to being on the other side of this! It's weird.
It should be done in two weeks (I dropped it off somewhere around July 1st) Next week he should have progress photos I will post when I get them.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

mwd10454_spr09_5rings1_032f_hd.jpg

mwd103982_fal08_dia_rings_xl.jpg

kwiat-en-17700c_300-v3_sq.jpg

file-3.jpeg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

petrock<3|1405794664|3716662 said:
pinkjewel|1405794018|3716654 said:

hi pinkjewel! I have more than one of your gorgeous pieces saved in my file as well! I was just showing my husband your cool photo of the florescence in your orchid ring.
I met him in the showroom I think it was called Allure or something like that?

I'm wrestling with doing a simple shared prong ( I think its called) or one with milgrained edges for the pink band.

aw, thanks!! I've just started another pink diamond ring- this time it's a light pink heart. A RHR for everyday because I usually just pull out my orchid for more special occasions. Can't seem to get enough of those pinks-lol. In fact I was just thinking I might want a pink eternity band, too. :twirl:

About your eternity band- I'd probably do the simple style like the one in the photo. I love the milgrain one, too- but since you'll have so much milgrain on your ring just a slim pink diamond band might be just the accent needed. You probably can't go wrong with either one.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with Pinkjewel regarding the type of band.
I would not make a decision before you have the ring on your finger as the ring is strong enough to wear on its own.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

Petrock, your ring sounds so fabulous!!! Can not wait to see it!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a SK cushion halo--you're in good hands with him! Can't wait to see your reset soon! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can't wait to see what this looks like! :appl: I love anything Steven K.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is going to be stunning! When is the expected delivery date?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you everyone for sharing in my excitement! I can't wait. I didn't get an exact date yet but about two weeks I would estimate.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can't wait to see the finished ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You might enjoy some pics of Reena's ring as well. Hers is from Leon Mege and has a nice design in the gallery :

_20431.jpg

_20432.jpg

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

Omg its amazing thanks for sharing! Very cool basket design

drk14

Brilliant_Rock

petrock<3|1405795096|3716665 said:
It should be done in two weeks (I dropped it off somewhere around July 1st) Next week he should have progress photos I will post when I get them.

Petrock<3, I've been following your project with bated breath, because (based on recommendations from fellow PSers) I am also considering Steven Kirsch for a custom engagement ring that would feature pink stones in the basket.

So: did you receive those progress photos yet?????? (...he asked impatiently) =)

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

Not yet!! I am compulsively checking my email lol. It is so hard to wait!
I will post here as soon as I get something. Looking forward to seeing your project as well!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so excited for you!!! I am preparing to do a reset of my OMB into a double Halo and want to incorporate pink diamonds in the basket, but I haven't decided how. I can't wait to see your beautiful design!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock

petrock<3|1405795096|3716665 said:
Petrock, sorry to bump your thread for no good reason, but I was wondering if you ever received any status update or progress photos from SK? I hope your project is still moving along without snags.
Let us know. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Any updates petrock?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

Omg!! It's finally coming tomorrow! ! Weeeeee!

The waiting has been so hard!

Here are some progress photos

photo_4.jpeg

photo_5.jpeg

photo_6.jpeg

glitterkitteh

Rough_Rock

Gorgeous, wow, please post hand pics when you get it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I cannot wait to see! Do you have a pic of the finished product or is he waiting for you to get it .

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

No I don't! Dyin' over here. He was reluctant to send me those pics even but felt bad I've been waiting so long.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results