shape
carat
color
clarity

If you're going to the Ruckus and are a restringer....

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Did you place your order for beaders secret? I have many colors of the 30# but found in some situations I needed the 40#. The other day I was restringing a multi color rope and didn't have the color I needed. Arrrrrg. I ended up using gold but wish I had shell in my collection of BS. I placed my order with Pattye and she is bringing it to LA. I am really impressed with BS. I wear some strands more than others, and usually 3 to 4 months is the longest I can go before they need restringing. All the strands I removed silk and replaced with Beaders secret are just like new and tight with NO fuzzy's. I live in the humid deep south USA which seems to accelerate stretching of the silk. Not so with BS. It seems impervious to my weather situation. If you are considering learning to restring, Beaders secret is easier to use,and much less expensive than silk and comes in many colors perfect for coordinating with pearls, natural or dyed. As you can see I'm sold on this after a real life testing period.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks very much for sharing your experience with Beader's Secret, Nacre Lover! I will have samples of size #30, the most popular size and a color chart for all interested Ruckus attendees. (Size #40 is the finer, thinner version, a great option for specific projects, such as beads or pearls with extra small holes.)

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Pattye, can you bring more orders, or is your suitcase full, and it would be easier for you to ship later?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm glad this was posted...I missed the fact that there is another size in BS !

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi|1405746608|3716423 said:
Pattye, can you bring more orders, or is your suitcase full, and it would be easier for you to ship later?
CRD pm her at the other forum with what you want her to bring. I am sure she would be happy to bring what ever you need. She is bringing a project for us to make :naughty: it will be fun :mrgreen:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Newberry! I got a quick message from Pattye, and will be talking to her later this weekend to get thread. I've got a couple of projects already lined up and am SO EXCITED about the Ruckus!!! We leave Tuesday for CA, so am busy trying to figure out what to pack LOL ...

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, this might be a good place to ask the Ruckus experts ... what forms of payment will work for the different vendors coming ... will everyone be set up to take credit cards, checks etc.? Any advice or tips welcome :)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
CRD, I always bring a envelope of cash in different denominations. That way I can have enough but not go crazy. PP takes CC but if you are buying from Josh, Sarah or Douglas I don't know, a check may work. Cash always works.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Nacrelover -- good point. I wonder if they will take a check if they don't take credit cards at the Ruckus. Hmmm....

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought from Josh and paid cash both times. I am planning on getting something from Douglas, but he's from Mexico. US dollars cash will work with him too. Sarah may have one of those square things for a cell phone, but she may take checks. You could contact her this week and ask.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1405779779|3716567 said:
CRD, I always bring a envelope of cash in different denominations. That way I can have enough but not go crazy. PP takes CC but if you are buying from Josh, Sarah or Douglas I don't know, a check may work. Cash always works.
NL - I had not thought of bringing cash to the ruckus. I have purchased directly from Josh over the Internet using PayPal. But, now that you mention it, cash has the added benefit of keeping me to my budget. Of course, it won't help much when I'm at PP. :bigsmile:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Nacrelover and all, THANK YOU for the advice. I was particularly worried about Kamoka, Kojima and Cortez. And we're leaving for CA on 7/22 so I have to figure this out before I go ... budget ??? Oh, dear ...

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello to all, :wavey: Perhaps I can answer a few of the questions:

Yes, I will be happy to bring orders for Beader's Secret thread to the Ruckus. I will make room in the bag! Please contact me via pm on the other pearl forum, or directly through my email if you have it.

Beader's Secret thread does come in a size #40, which is a thinner, finer thread and available in most of the basic colors. For pearl stringing I personally use the heavier #30 about 96% of the time. But for tiny pearls and gemstones with small holes, #40 may be all that will fit, and it is available by special request. As always, I look forward to your feedback and questions!

For payment options @ Ruckus, I'm fine with check, cash and use SQUARE for credit cards.

See you real soon!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Thank You Pattye, that answers MANY questions! I've emailed you, and will also check PM at the other forum ... can't wait to meet you :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1405785189|3716603 said:
NacreLover|1405779779|3716567 said:
NL - I had not thought of bringing cash to the ruckus. I have purchased directly from Josh over the Internet using PayPal. But, now that you mention it, cash has the added benefit of keeping me to my budget. Of course, it won't help much when I'm at PP. :bigsmile:
I just write checks and all are fine with that too :mrgreen:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1405780959|3716577 said:
I have bought from Josh and paid cash both times. I am planning on getting something from Douglas, but he's from Mexico. US dollars cash will work with him too. Sarah may have one of those square things for a cell phone, but she may take checks. You could contact her this week and ask.
2 years ago Douglas was happy to accept my check :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
If the seller and buyer are both sincere and enthusiastic, I'm sure payment can be arranged.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
CRD, thanks for asking that question. I'm so used to using my CC for everything, that I didn't even think about it. I hope Douglas and Josh will take checks, because I am not comfortable carrying large amounts of cash. (I got robbed once.) Besides, cash might be good for making you stick to a budget, but then what happens when you see something amazing you have to have and don't have enough cash! :naughty:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Just emailed my list to Sarah at Kojimapearl :naughty:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
OK 4RG, what are you up to? Enquiring minds want to know. :D

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to bring checks a few years back and purchased some Cortez pearls from Douglas. I ended up sending Paypal, but there is a fee.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1405875683|3717107 said:
OK 4RG, what are you up to? Enquiring minds want to know. :D
:naughty: you will just have to wait and see :silenced:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results