shape
carat
color
clarity

I thought this necklace looked cool, but....

What do you think of this necklace?

• Looks cool

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Looks like ladyparts

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Both

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
DH thought it looked like ladyparts! :-o

lillynecklace1.png

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, it is something I've noticed for a long time - some pendants look downright gynecological, and this is one of them!

A design may look pretty, but if I can identify most of the female nether region parts in a jewelry design, I wouldn't ever wear it. :razz:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I love Calla Lilies IRL, but IMHO the flower does not translate well to metal in most jewelry designs.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heehee, there is something there. My DH does not allow me to buy/hang any Georgia O'Keeffe paintings because of the same reason. He says they can only be displayed in OB's office :lol:.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a ring that I adore. It looks like a vagina. Which makes me love it even more. Vaginas are awesome and magical - I call the ring "Gina" (pronounced Jy-nah, obviously). I particularly love how uncomfortable people get around it, lol.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ericad said:
I have a ring that I adore. It looks like a vagina. Which makes me love it even more. Vaginas are awesome and magical - I call the ring "Gina" (pronounced Jy-nah, obviously). I particularly love how uncomfortable people get around it, lol.

I adore you. Pics, pics!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandmother made jewelry and a lot of stuff she made looks like vaginas. There's this one that's supposedly (SUPPOSEDLY) oyster-inspired but it has a bunch of pearls coming out of it and it just looks to me like some sort of really out-of-control, nightmarish yeast infection.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1405707348|3715994 said:

Does it look like a vagina, or do you mean it looks like labia and clitoris? :bigsmile: I need to see a picture of this ring.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I suppose it's more of a vulva than a vagina. Like a baby crowning out of a vagina into the surrounding vulva (the baby being the 1.5ct-ish fancy brown OEC featured in the center).

Hang on, let me find some pics...

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Terrible photo, but the best one I have at the moment. It's actually a really beautiful retro ring, and the brown OEC is super pretty. Some of the PS ladies who saw it at the GTG called it the "crowning" ring, lol. And of course, then there were others who ran up to me squealing "is that your vagina?!"

When I first bought it, I photo bombed Grace for WEEKS. She didn't want it for the store, so I bought it for myself (bought it for a song. Probably because it was just too vag-tastic for most people to handle). Then I'd text her pics - "here's my vagina in front of the space needle!" or "my vagina rode the bus today!"

I've had some good times with my vagina. :lol:

1624744_1417759178489892_563506403_n.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the ring a lot. I am a bit surprised it would actually make people uncomfortable. It would not spontaneously resolve itself into nether regions to me. Of course I see it once it is pointed out but it is hardly explicit.

Hopedream, is the stone pierced and hanging from the jump ring?

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lady_Disdain|1405712986|3716065 said:
I like the ring a lot. I am a bit surprised it would actually make people uncomfortable. It would not spontaneously resolve itself into nether regions to me. Of course I see it once it is pointed out but it is hardly explicit.

Hopedream, is the stone pierced and hanging from the jump ring?

I think the slit down the middle is what freaks most people out, lol.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1405713138|3716067 said:
Lady_Disdain|1405712986|3716065 said:
I think the slit down the middle is what freaks most people out, lol.
I also don't think it's very explicit. These look very vag to me

_20378.jpg

_20379.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heehee, I see it. This reminds me of an old thread in RT with someone designing a 3 stone ring with pear center and round sidestones. The feedback on CADs was very funny and pointed...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HopeDream|1405702549|3715947 said:
DH thought it looked like ladyparts! :-o
rotflmao2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dangle it from a belly button piercing!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This entire thread cracked me up and then I thought, HEY wait a minute, that 3-stone/3-part pendant I've got looks like guy parts!!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good thing it is a diamond rather than a ruby....

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
That's funny - Vagina doesn't come to mind when I look at your ring. :lol:

What floors me is when I see a gemstone at the ~bottom~ of a slit design that looks like a baby's head crowning, and there is a little gemstone or blob of gold at the top suggesting a clitoris. I'm convinced that most of these pendants I've seen were not done this way on purpose to suggest that. I think the artist was trying to do an abstracted flower design.

I don't have anything against vaginas, but I prefer not to wear one on a chain around my neck. :???:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is so funny, I've seen a number of antique brooches and pendants that look like even more they have a penis at one end of them, Erica I think you need one of those as well then you can take pics of your ring and the penis piece (a ring or a brooch or pendant) at different places and post pics!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha so now I understand the true meaning of "vajazzle" :oops::oops::oops:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps they're useful as fertility amulets.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a show me your "vagina and penis" jewelry thread... :lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
:clap: :clap: :clap: most entertaining thread in a long time.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh my.... :shock:

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Lady Distain: Yes the diamond is pierced.

(No, I don't own it)

More creative jewellery:

necktie1.png

pinkies1.png

lillyshape2.png

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
And these were so weird I had to share:
Dead cat
snake heart
creepy hook with diamond embelishment
Space-age motif
(the last one is for Trekkie)

For the curious: all are on ebay care of wonderprice-jp. The Japanese seem to have so much more fun with jewellery design!

limpcat1.png

snakeheart1.png

creepy1.png

trekkie1.png

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts said:
My grandmother made jewelry and a lot of stuff she made looks like vaginas. There's this one that's supposedly (SUPPOSEDLY) oyster-inspired but it has a bunch of pearls coming out of it and it just looks to me like some sort of really out-of-control, nightmarish yeast infection.

Corollary to my response to EricaD - no pics, no pics! That sounds *terrifying* ....

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
ericad|1405712595|3716061 said:
Terrible photo, but the best one I have at the moment. It's actually a really beautiful retro ring, and the brown OEC is super pretty. Some of the PS ladies who saw it at the GTG called it the "crowning" ring, lol. And of course, then there were others who ran up to me squealing "is that your vagina?!"

When I first bought it, I photo bombed Grace for WEEKS. She didn't want it for the store, so I bought it for myself (bought it for a song. Probably because it was just too vag-tastic for most people to handle). Then I'd text her pics - "here's my vagina in front of the space needle!" or "my vagina rode the bus today!"

I've had some good times with my vagina. :lol:
You made me laugh. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results