shape
carat
color
clarity

Cherry or green???

relysa

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I bought this tin cup Tahitians with mostly green and some pearls have light cherry overtone. I don't have the necklace as of yet, but I am expecting it soon.

I am in the quest of finding Tahitian earrings, I love red and other warm and bright colors in general. So I am torn between getting the cherry or green overtone. Please help me decide as I am new in purchasing T's and don't know which color would look better on me.

Here is the photo of both the overtones together with my Tahitian tin cup necklace that the vendor sent me.

ren-green_n_cherry.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like green overtone, but if I was purchasing that tin cup necklace, I think I'd choose mis match earrings. Another green, another cherry. Or if possible, I'd pick both pairs :dance:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
relysa - Tough choice but I like what Confection10 said - get both!!! If you can't do that and you like the warmer colors I'd go for the cherry since they will be next to your face. The pearls all look glorious!

relysa

Rough_Rock
Confection10|1405014552|3710630 said:
I personally like green overtone, but if I was purchasing that tin cup necklace, I think I'd choose mis match earrings. Another green, another cherry. Or if possible, I'd pick both pairs :dance:

I can't really decide, both would be good, haha!

I like round and lustrous, which pair on both green and cherry would you recommend?

relysa

Rough_Rock
pkinnew|1405018585|3710698 said:
relysa - Tough choice but I like what Confection10 said - get both!!! If you can't do that and you like the warmer colors I'd go for the cherry since they will be next to your face. The pearls all look glorious!

It is hard! What I'm thinking is request two pairs , one of each overtone and have them ship to me so I can see which one will make my heart sing :)

Now, I just need to choose the best in shape , color and luster among these pairs to see in person. Help please!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Order both and decide after that. I think it's easier way. I'm sure they are gorgeous and You'll end up both :Up_to_something:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
You definitely need the green ones to match the necklace. It's always classy to have a matching set.

...and since you like warm colors, you also need the cherry ones. I can't really gauge which pair looks the best from the picture - can you ask PP for some more pictures? And maybe a few more pairs to choose from? Specify that you want the ones with the brightest cherry overtones. As for size, I subscribe the the "bigger is better" mentality. :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
In this case, I think the green look best with your tin cup. However, they won't be next to each other when you wear them, so you should buy whichever one you personally like most. You can't go wrong!

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
I vote for Green! Cherry is very nice, but to match your necklace and from the photo you shared, the green gets my vote, they look more 'exotic'.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'd go for the green as well !

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for green.

I personally prefer blues and greens, as cherry and even peacock look brown to me.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the green with your lovely necklace. Beautiful together. :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the green adds more dimension to the color. The red doesn't contrast as much.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
To match with the necklace I'd go green. BUT you may find you don't wear them very often together, so if that is the case go with whichever you like best.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I would not hesitate to wear the cherry earrings with your tin-cup. I do like to mix and match though, I think it looks very chic. Go for the ones you love!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
OP, what did you decide? Post pictures please! :)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Green, unless you add Cherry into your necklace.

relysa

Rough_Rock
Hi!

Thanks for all your advice!

I just got the loose pearls last night, we were on vacation so I purposely did not order them last week.

I have attached photos of the loose pearls with my tin cup. PP found two green overtone pairs , two cherry pairs and a single cherry. I ordered three single loose cherry and one loose with green overtone just to compare them. I didn't order the other green as it is not too greenish for me.

dk168, you're right , the cherry looks more brown indoor , it only shows it's green and red overtone when in direct sunlight and I am mesmerized by it! However, these particular cherry tones are too dark red/brown for earrings,maybe if there's more red tone on a lighter side (the ones I've seen on a multi tahitian strands ) . I'd like to see more lighter variations in cherry overtone coz I really like the color just by looking at it closely :) Unfortunately these are the only cherry overtone PP have right now.

I love the green overtone , not only because it matches my tincup but I like the color against my skin.

Katbran, leyhuong, dk168, missy, Niel, crickett and NL, I think you are all correct, the green matches my tincup!

Litgreek ,bsmlo, pkinnew and confection10 , I am not giving up on cherry , but it's gonna be for future purchase since PP has limited inventory on it right now.

_20323.jpg

_20324.jpg

_20325.jpg

_20326.jpg

relysa

Rough_Rock
Here is my neck shot wearin my tahitian tin cup.... Love it!!! :)

_20327.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
relysa|1405609019|3715067 said:
Here is my neck shot wearin my tahitian tin cup.... Love it!!! :)

So gorgeous! :love:
It looks so lovely on you relysa. Such a statement necklace and goes amazingly with your skin tone. It's beautiful. Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

_20328.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The tin cup looks just beautiful on you! Wear it in health. I also like the green loose pearl against your skin.

relysa

Rough_Rock
I thought I posted this, cherry and green overtone on my hand...

_20329.jpg

relysa

Rough_Rock
Thabks bsomlo and missy! I will definitely get the green overtone for earrings , I am so excited! :dance:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I love the green!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice! You can wait to get the cherry pearl you want!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1405609836|3715081 said:
The tin cup looks just beautiful on you! Wear it in health. I also like the green loose pearl against your skin.

+1 with the green against your skin!
I'm a huge fan of cherry tahitians but I can't wear green ones because they don't look pretty on me. but they look SPECTACULAR on you!!!!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1405684210|3715744 said:
Great choice! You can wait to get the cherry pearl you want!

+1 Enjoy your lovely new set!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The necklace looks beautiful on you, Relysa. What size are the pearls?

I agree with going with green pearls for the earrings. What type of setting will you use?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results