shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Diamond E-ring has me down

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wondering how your query/story ended - thank you for coming back with an update.

Your ring is lovely, :love: and I'm so glad to read that you also fell in love with it! :appl:

Congratulations on your engagement, and all that your engagement ring symbolizes!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooops! Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Congrats!!!!
I would love to see some handshots.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Kudos for stopping back in! I know it was a complicated issue for how he was going to make a selection for you guys, and I'm glad it turned out okay! Looks great and I like your description of "divine" for the ratio. (Just FYI there is an actual "divine ratio" used in jewelry; Patek Philippe uses it in some watches. Fun thing to Google!)

Can't wait to see more photos of it and hear more. :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite.. full of CLASS... you can wear this from the gym to daycare to the MET... my mother always said that one emits class one does not wear class.... I wish you happiness in your married life.. and anytime you need to give away a ring.. I'm here ;-) just simply one of the classiest rings I've ever seen.. sigh!!!

:clap: :clap: :dance: :dance:

michelle0918|1405637656|3715374 said:
I've been meaning to end this story with a happy ending since Memorial Day but life got the best of me!

Proposal in Turks & Caicos Island was perfect. The ring wasn't exactly what I would have designed for myself but is still perfect none-the-less :) I don't really have hand shots because my old phone is defunct..but here are some pics from the surprise proposal and the designer he commissioned (her fingers, not mine in the B&W pic).

All I know is it's a Fancy Light Yellow, 3.22 Emerald Cut center stone, VS1.
Color doesn't bother me one bit..I love the warmth it has, and sometimes it just looks like a beautiful clear white diamond, while other times it takes on surrounding light like light pink or blue. And the ratio is divine.

ring_1_1.png
ring2_59.jpg ringy_0.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is an incredibly gorgeous ring :love: :love: :love: I love EC's and a low color, just divine :appl: He did good!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is spectacular!!! Congrats on the engagement!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your ring is to-die-for. More photos, please. Congratulations, wear it in health and happiness.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its really gorgeous! The emerald cut makes it a classic and the pave on the band gives it a little bling, bling.

michelle0918

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone..and Tekate, you hit the nail right on the head!...I'm a bit more edgier & downtown, he's definitely more classy and uptown. We recently found out we're expecting as well and yes, this ring looks amazing whether I'm walking down 5th Ave, riding the city subway, or soon to be waddling to daycare :)

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
OMG, congratulations on your engagement and your soon to be larger family! :appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow what a nice surprise! I really love the lighter fancy yellows and also the light yellow "warmer whites" as they have so much personality and are to me more versatile than intense and vivids as they can be worn with just about everything. Do not misunderstand me I adore all yellows fancy yellows are lemony and like sunshine, intense and vivid and/or yellows with modifiers are Such strong characters but the lighter ones match every color. Nothing beats that and your love for each other, gorgeous stone and ring!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for updating us, OP! I'm so glad you love your ring -- CONGRATS TO YOU on your engagement and new family!! :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
A huge Congratulations to you! I have been following your thread and am elated that you received such a stunning ring? It is soooo elegant. Also congrats on your pregnancy! Sounds like you are one lucky Gal!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
michelle0918|1390855047|3602216 said:
update: I ventured to have a final talk on the situation with BF and really tried to get down to the main issues. I wanted him to explain to me his personal process : what it meant for him to surprise me, what delights him or makes him nervous about it..his whole perspective about it all. And then I let him know that in truth I would love to be surprised (isn't that part of the excitement?) but that I would feel more at ease if he would be open to me showing him the 3-4 different settings I liked. This way, he can really understand my choices, rather than just seeing a list of what to buy ~ and then he could ask me questions during the 'show and tell'. I also let him know that one of my deeper concerns was that I felt like it was his 'ego' taking over if he was so concerned with his vision and artistic control. And that it was important to me to feel like he 'listened' to my quirks.

This talk was well received: I showed him my top choices, things I wouldn't mind, and things that just were a NOGO. He asked me questions..(so I got more hints..YES!)..and now we're both happy. Total "consultation time" : about 20 minutes. Am I still concerned about how the E-Ring will look like..hell yes..the 2 lil angels on my shoulder are bickering about it as we speak..BUT am I stressed, or upset about it anymore? A happy NO...I'm so very excited now and cannot wait for the road ahead.

PS. For those interested in the hints I deduced:
-maybe pave around the band instead of a plain band.
-definitely emerald cut, but it could be emerald step or radiant cut
-could be a white stone...or possibly a stone with just a splash of color or warmth?

The ability to compromise bodes well for any marriage, I am sure your ring will be incredible! :appl:

By the way, I love emerald cuts and have spent years studying the cut qualities and various aspects of these shapes, you have excellent taste choosing one for such an important ring!!

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!! Let's see a handshot, when you get a chance :)

I love ECs and yours is to die for! Absolutely stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results