shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on/Alternatives to this WF ACA

chaser

Rough_Rock
Hey All,

First off, thanks for help and info the forum has provided so far. I had a JA stone on hold last time, but ended up passing on it. I'm now considering a WF stone and was wondering if folks on the forum could take a look and see if there's anything I should be worried or ask about. From what I've noticed the ACAs do have a premium, but people seem to be pretty happy with them. I've tried looking at the Brian Gavin Blues, but here's just nothing in stock in the 1.7+ range there right now.

The WF folks have been really helpful so far, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything due to my inexperience.
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3075969.htm

If you guys remember from my previous posts this is a bit outside my original budget, but it's also bigger than my original aim so maybe it's a wash? Anything else I should consider as an alternative?

Thanks a ton folks!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
An H VS-2 ACA just shy of 2ct?!?!?!?! You'd need a pretty huge stick to beat that one!!!!!

Please tell me you're the one who's got it on hold. :errrr:

chaser

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the concern Andelain! Yes, I do have it on hold, but I have to decide by tomorrow.

It's quite a bit of $ so I figured I'd throw it out onto PS to see if there's anything I might have missed or just not be experienced enough to ask about before the time runs out!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
chaser|1405674402|3715686 said:
Thanks for the concern Andelain! Yes, I do have it on hold, but I have to decide by tomorrow.

It's quite a bit of $ so I figured I'd throw it out onto PS to see if there's anything I might have missed or just not be experienced enough to ask about before the time runs out!

You missed NOTHING on that stone, plus you found a hard-to-find and very desireable weight. :appl: :appl: :appl:

If you don't, someone else will. And very quickly.

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Andelain|1405681324|3715714 said:
chaser|1405674402|3715686 said:

You missed NOTHING on that stone, plus you found a hard-to-find and very desireable weight. :appl: :appl: :appl:

If you don't, someone else will. And very quickly.

+1

You re very lucky that stone with those specs and size comes up while you're looking. I'd snap it up in a second!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed...an extremely RARE size and highly desirable in a top cut quality stone!

This one is great, too, and faces up the same size. You just pay a little more for the higher clarity:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3172003.htm

I can't tell you how seldom it is that they have stones just under the 2 ct mark. There is a price jump at 2 cts and you avoid that and get close to the same size appearance.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
wowweeee, Lucky Lady!! how do you plan to set it? I love the Legato slim solitaire, but WF has many lovely settings.

chaser

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies! I had a gut feeling that the specs on that stone are generally harder to find, but given it's my first time searching I wasn't sure if it was just me and my timing. It's good to know that it isn't just a random shortage of stones and I'd see a ton later on!

Luv, I plan on just getting the stone for now and making the setting something we do together (I'd hate to get the wrong setting :sick:) I imagine I'll be on the site for more info on settings as I get to that stage!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you!!!!!

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Nice choice for sure! That's a good one. 2 carats is one of those "magical numbers" where you often see a significant price increase for very little increase in spread (diameter). I'm glad you were the one who out it on hold; that would have been a bummer if it were not!

Congratulations on snagging a nice stone. What sort of settings do you think you'll consider? If you thought there was a world of variety in stones, wait till you look at how to put that sucker on the finger. :D

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a real beauty!

chaser

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. It's good to hear I'm not making any big blunders.

SirGuy said:
If you thought there was a world of variety in stones, wait till you look at how to put that sucker on the finger. :D
Based on what I've noticed I believe she's partial to halo settings that floats less. I'm probably going to guess she would prefer the halo stones to bezel out rather than face straight up.

While I know it would be awesome to design the whole thing for her and present a complete product to her, I imagine settings as being one of those things where you see the stone then decide what setting best fits the stone. If possible I want to find someone local to put a super cheap setting on it and then we'll figure the long-term one later. I'm not exactly a fashionista and I want her to have something she really loves.

I'll be sending the wire off later today...and coming back with a lighter bank account :-o

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might be a better idea to get WF to put on the inexpensive setting. You'll probably have to pay a setting fee if you go local since you didn't buy the diamond there. Plus, if WF does it, they are covering the diamond for damage whereas your local jewelry will usually not. Local jewelers can be a little upset when people bring in diamonds they bought from internet companies, too.

You might even want to show her all the brands that WF carries and you could even send the diamond back to them to set in the permanent setting. You can see the full lines of their settings on the designer websites.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The plus side to doing the setting now is that she has the full ring to wear and "show off". She will be without her diamond for a while if you plan to do a custom setting later (as much as 4-6 weeks). A lot less time if you buy something off the shelf.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be beautiful and I would also vote for WF to mount it in a simple setting so she can wear it and show off her beautiful diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results