shape
carat
color
clarity

Price question about buying a diamond bracelet

jimyhoff

Rough_Rock
This might be an impossible question to answer. But if I want to buy my girlfriend a nice but basic diamond bracelet how much should it cost from a reputable jeweler on Chicago's diamond row? Any suggestions in getting something nice for a good price?

I know with all the diamonds these can get expensive and I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, like $1,000 if that's possible.

Thanks in advance.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get her a DBTY (Diamond by the Yard) bracelet. You can have it done with 1 diamond (station) or 3 stations would be pretty.

This one from BGD has 5 - 6 point diamonds in it for $750ish I believe.
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-bracelets/diamonds-by-the-yard-bracelet-14k-rose-gold-5465r18

This one from Whiteflash has 8 - 6ish pointers (.50 ctw) for $950.
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-bracelets/whiteflash-by-the-yard-bracelet-677.htm

Or you can probably go with the same style bracelet with just one bigger stone. Price will vary depending on size of diamond.

jimyhoff

Rough_Rock
I think she was wanting something with diamonds all around the entire bracelet, similar to a Swarovski bracelet she has. That probably breaks my budget?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she's thinking of a classic tennis bracelet, then your budget is is too small to buy decent quality at retail. Maybe you can find pre-loved.

jimyhoff

Rough_Rock
My go to place in Chicago showed me a 1.75ct that looked similar to what Brian Gavin calls tennis for $1950. Can I beat this online? All the online's I've seen have been more expensive.

Why do they all have G's and VS1's in them? I would think you could get by with much lesser diamonds and still have a nice piece. If "H or I" is acceptable for an engagement setting I'd think it's more than acceptable for a small stone in a bracelet.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You might want to check out anjolee.com. They do "customizable" diamond jewelry and they have many bracelet options in a wide range of prices. You choose metal type, carat weight and diamond color/clarity. Please note that I've never seen any of their work in person, but they have a good return policy, so it might be worth trying? I think I've seen threads here about them, so you might look for reviews if you're interested.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might give Wink Jones of High Performance Diamonds a call. He has made a bracelet for me in the past and is currently making another bracelet. Melee (small diamonds) are available in all qualities and I totally understand that some people may not want the best.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, I've seen very nice tennis bracelets in jewelers row, about 2 ct or so for about $2k, maybe you could get for $1500. That's about as small as I'd want to go that have a nice sparkle, you can go down on color and clarity, maybe h/i Si2. Maybe you can look and see what you find, just be cautious and really shop around. There's a wide variety of price for similar quality. Definitely make sure you have at week to return and get appraised. NY Jewelers on. N. Wabash will do it for $25 for a walk in.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the Chicago area. I have a yellow gold bracelet, uncertified, 2 cttw I would be willing to sell you for your price. Could be rhodium plated to white. Not the best diamonds but nice. Very sturdy weight. If you are interested I will post it on loupe troop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results