shape
carat
color
clarity

Montana sapphire finally set

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
So I got my ring back today. I'm sure I mentioned a couple of months ago that it was taking a little longer than I had hoped. Also I have to admit I'm not 100% happy with the way the design turned out. However in the end he gave me a very very good deal of just $450. I will wear it and I won't be taking it back to be re worked or anything. I don't have any great photos right now. I took a whole bunch and I then erased a bunch of them without meaning too. I'm not loving the air line. But here are a couple so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

sapphire_ring1.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
And another. I'll try and take more in a couple days.

_20345.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Original photo of the stone.

_20346.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I know I just said I wouldn't re work it but now I'm wondering if miligrain on the edge would soften the look up a little.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1405638130|3715386 said:
I know I just said I wouldn't re work it but now I'm wondering if miligrain on the edge would soften the look up a little.

I like the soft blue color, and I'm a sucker for round sapphires. It's hard to see the details on the setting, but millgrain is always an added nice detail.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a Beautiful Blue!!! :love:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I like the color a lot too. It doesn't have green in it which I think is typical of Montana sapphires. I guess this would be considered a steel blue, sometimes it looks kind of sky blue.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1405650652|3715526 said:
Thank you! I like the color a lot too. It doesn't have green in it which I think is typical of Montana sapphires. I guess this would be considered a steel blue, sometimes it looks kind of sky blue.

Or a "denim blue maybe?" Very nice stone, enjoy it.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Looks a gorgeous blue to me, but I'm a fool for Montana's :loopy: I think we'll need more pictures...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
TL|1405650209|3715519 said:
innerkitten|1405638130|3715386 said:

I like the soft blue color, and I'm a sucker for round sapphires. It's hard to see the details on the setting, but millgrain is always an added nice detail.

I need to take more photos :).

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
TL|1405655068|3715573 said:
innerkitten|1405650652|3715526 said:

Or a "denim blue maybe?" Very nice stone, enjoy it.

Yes maybe denim. Thanks!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
ephsea|1405655368|3715575 said:
Looks a gorgeous blue to me, but I'm a fool for Montana's :loopy: I think we'll need more pictures...
Will do!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
See the large airline. Not sure why that was done?

sapphirering5.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was it custom made for the stone, or a pre-made setting? I think at $450, its a very good price for such large diamonds, and all that metal. Is the airline even all around the stone, or larger on the top?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It's actually very even yes. Good soldering and everything. The diamonds were mine. They put the setting together with stock pieces. They couldn't get a regular stock setting to fit because the diamonds were a little larger than 1 point and so they had to create something with pieces. But yeah the price is very good. They wound up bringing it down for me from the original quote.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More pics! I think it's really pretty IK. I think the airline is a little bit awkward, but the price can't be beat. Seriously. Handshot?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1405659511|3715618 said:
It's actually very even yes. Good soldering and everything. The diamonds were mine. They put the setting together with stock pieces. They couldn't get a regular stock setting to fit because the diamonds were a little larger than 1 point and so they had to create something with pieces. But yeah the price is very good. They wound up bringing it down for me from the original quote.

Well, at least the airline is even all the way around. I've seen some designs like that where there was an even airline done on purpose, and people like it a lot. The issue is, can YOU live with the airline since you said you're "not loving it."

I've seen uneven airlines, and they are not acceptable, but an even airline can be.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1405659875|3715625 said:
More pics! I think it's really pretty IK. I think the airline is a little bit awkward, but the price can't be beat. Seriously. Handshot?

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Well now that I see it on your hand, methinks you'll learn to like it? Certainly the stone is smashing, and I love the way it looks on your hand. As long as that airline doesn't increase the outer diameter beyond what you find acceptable, I think you should at least take it out for dinner and a movie - it is purdy! :))

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
On your hand the airline looks more acceptable IMO. I'd live with it for a while and then decide if its really something that bothers me. Milgrain is a always pretty addition.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It does highlight the sapphire very well -- the overall impression is that it's SO pretty. I agree w/others that the airline is acceptable on your hand -- it probably was unavoidable with stock pieces & you can't beat that price. The diamonds are a great size, giving it a feeling of luxe. Try living with it a little & see how you feel. Btw, if you can't handle the look, I'll be glad to make the sacrifice & take care of it for you, IK.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO happy you finally got your ring done and back in your hands. Appreciate the update! I agree that the ring is well made and the price he charged is more than reasonable. I also agree that the airline would bother me but at least the sapphire is well centered. If finances are tight at the moment, I would wear it a bit longer to see if I could get used to it. If not, then it shouldn't be an issue to have it adjusted down the road.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1405680284|3715709 said:
It does highlight the sapphire very well -- the overall impression is that it's SO pretty. I agree w/others that the airline is acceptable on your hand -- it probably was unavoidable with stock pieces & you can't beat that price. The diamonds are a great size, giving it a feeling of luxe. Try living with it a little & see how you feel. Btw, if you can't handle the look, I'll be glad to make the sacrifice & take care of it for you, IK.

--- Laurie

I agree it is a lovely ring and I love the color. It is a denimy blue. We just painted our beach house bedroom that color in the late spring and it is a very peaceful calming color and its name is denim. :love:
See how you feel about the airline after wearing it for a bit. You got a great ring at a great price and sometimes that makes it much more enjoyable.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone :)

Yes, for the time being I'm just living with it. Looking closely at it I think there are several ways it could be altered slightly to make it look less obvious. When I have it done I think I'll look into milgrain too.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect!!!! I don't think I have seen a ring recently that I love more than this one. I admire that the shank is simple which sets off the halo perfectly. The color of the sapphire is that perfect mix of blues that remind me of a beautiful summer sky that hints of a summer storm breaking the horizon. Well done!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks nice on your hand, and $450 is a great price.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you're not competely happy with it Innerkitten, but I think it is a beautiful ring and looks super pretty on your hand! The slight airline really doesn't look that noticable to me. I'm a halo lover, so this ring is right up my alley - and I love the contrast of that beautiful sapphire and the diamonds. Here's hoping you warm up to it!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
kitten, it looks great on your finger!
I'm not a halo lover as you know but I like the air line because it gives the ring character...and good spread on your finger as well.
actually, it isn't really noticeable because it does look so good on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results