shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with pink diamond CVB CADS, please- Gypsy, DS, Chrono??

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Well, after starting umpteen threads on what to do with my pink diamond heart and still not figuring out what I wanted to do with it I finally contacted Caysie and we decided to do a vintage double halo design.I have been quite impressed by her designs and the delicate touch she translates to her designs. So instead of trying to minimize the heart which is the direction I was thinking- I have embraced hearts- there are hearts within hearts and then some more hearts-lol.

The bezel around the pink diamond is rose gold even though it doesn't look like it. Inner halo is micropave fancy pink diamonds- outer halo colorless in platinum. Tilt is 30 degrees. The pink diamonds set into rose gold hearts on the sides do not have any cutouts in them. The shank measures 2mm.Overall central heart with the double halo measures 12.5mm each way. In the outer halo diamonds will fill the space in the heart curves- not as much metal as it appears.
4th CAD photo which shows the gallery is from the first round of CADS so the shank is incorrect- but the pave leaves in the gallery is correct.

I've never done CADs before and , although Caysie's are excellent, is there anything else you all would suggest? Thoughts in general? Leave the little cutout hearts in the gallery or get rid of them and leave open area? And which platinum mix do you recommend 95/5 or 90/10- Caysie works with both. Thanks!!!!!

eta- also, anyone else that wants to comment please feel free- I ran out of room in the title!!

photo_780.jpg

photo_781.jpg

photo_782.jpg

photo_783.jpg

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
Re: Help with pink diamond CVB CADS, please- Gypsy, DS, Chro

Hi, I'm not familiar with CADs at all, but to my novice eyes, the rose gold heart has a different cleft than the white metal one. I don't know if that was done intentionally, but it would bother me if the pink diamond center stone has a different outline than either pave. I hope the other experts can chime in. What an exciting project! :appl:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is beautiful. I really love the view from the size where the top of the ring looks like it slopes down. Never seen that before and it looks really classy, like it had come from a big diamond house design. I don't often like cads when I first see them and then do when everyone has chipped in and they have been tweaked but this one is absolutely good the way it is in my opinion. Would love to own a ring like that.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOW. That is a LOT of ring. A lot of pink. And a lot of hearts.

I love the white part of the shank. The pink heart on either side of the head are.. I don't know. I'm not loving them. I think I'd prefer a pear shank or even something like this on either side of the shank where those are:
uploadfromtaptalk1405553340721.jpg

It doesn't have to be pink marquise. The bezels can be that shape and the stones round. But I think that would really work better, personally.

Yes I would remove the cut outs from the gallery. It takes away from that lovely pave design there and I really that that should be the focus.

I actually LIKE the bezel around the heart to as white. It sets off the fact that this isn't a cluster ring, but instead has a large (and no doubt expensive) pink diamond heart in the center. And I think changing that to rosegold is actually not as nice.

One thing that would bother me is that the halos don't follow the shape of your heart, which is a nice even heart. But instead each halo makes the heart shape fatter. That would bother me. I would have her change the halos to more closely follow the shape of your stone instead of distorting it.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. Take or leave what you will. I won't be wearing it you will!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Pyramid|1405649589|3715510 said:
It is beautiful. I really love the view from the size where the top of the ring looks like it slopes down. Never seen that before and it looks really classy, like it had come from a big diamond house design. I don't often like cads when I first see them and then do when everyone has chipped in and they have been tweaked but this one is absolutely good the way it is in my opinion. Would love to own a ring like that.
thanks, Pyramid- Caysie has a great eye for design and a very good CAD artist. I also find most CADs very difficult to figure out what something will look like, and even with this CAD, Caysie has told me everything is so overblown and will look much more delicate when finished.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1405649694|3715511 said:
WOW. That is a LOT of ring. A lot of pink. And a lot of hearts.

I love the white part of the shank. The pink heart on either side of the head are.. I don't know. I'm not loving them. I think I'd prefer a pear shank or even something like this on either side of the shank where those are:
uploadfromtaptalk1405553340721.jpg

It doesn't have to be pink marquise. The bezels can be that shape and the stones round. But I think that would really work better, personally.

Yes I would remove the cut outs from the gallery. It takes away from that lovely pave design there and I really that that should be the focus.

I actually LIKE the bezel around the heart to as white. It sets off the fact that this isn't a cluster ring, but instead has a large (and no doubt expensive) pink diamond heart in the center. And I think changing that to rosegold is actually not as nice.

One thing that would bother me is that the halos don't follow the shape of your heart, which is a nice even heart. But instead each halo makes the heart shape fatter. That would bother me. I would have her change the halos to more closely follow the shape of your stone instead of distorting it.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. Take or leave what you will. I won't be wearing it you will!

Gypsy- thank you for your comments. Yeah- it's pretty much over the top, isn't it-lol. It actually will not be quite as "pink" as the CADs look because the heart diamond is a "light pink", so very, very soft barely pink. Because it is so pale I think it will need the rose gold bezel. If we go platinum it will drain the pale pink right out of the diamond. Pears on the side is an option I didn't consider- but I like that idea. I already own the light pinks for either side so I'd like to use them if possible. I think they might work OK with a pear shaped outline. The marquise shank you showed is lovely and would look great, too- but I wouldn't be able to use my pair of pinks. Have to think about it.

I agree that the cutouts detract from the gallery, so I am going to remove them.

About the heart halos, interesting that they bother both you and princessfeedme. I actually like the contrast of the shapes. They remind me of old Valentine's Hearts and, well, I guess I'm a bit quirky and like my jewelry to reflect that. If it was for an ering I'd be more conservative, but as a fun RHR I like it- makes it not as "serious" to me.
Again, thanks- I always respect your opinions!! :wavey:
Oh, and when are you coming to NC? I thought you were thinking about visiting this summer.

Sophie2788

Rough_Rock

I think it's amazing! I just love it! We all have different tastes though, I wouldn't change a think, to me it scream whimsical & romantic like something out of a fairy tail

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

I don't have advice or anything but wow, it'll be one heck of a ring!

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock

Well I've never been much of a heart person but I luvvvvs it

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous; I think it's super that you are playing up the heart shape and because it is a light pink, it won't look like something a 12 year old girl wears. I would like to see the CAD show the proper bezel, rather than the white outline. Will it be a smooth bezel or milgrained? The rounds in the rose gold heart outline looks funky to me. However, making them heart shaped is overkill, as is adding 2 more little rounds to make them look like a heart. I have to think more about this. Other than that, I love the curves and little details. Well done!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

thanks everyone for your comments!!!! Glad you like it- whimsical and romantic is what I was going for so I'm happy that's coming across.

Chrono, The bezel around the heart is smooth and delicate in rose gold. Something about the CAD program wouldn't let her show it that way. And are you talking about the side hearts? Again, I was told the CAD program put those cutouts in. The pinks are a fair size-.18ctw, around 2.8mm each. I don't think I could add more pinks in there as the hearts would become too large. Caysie says they will look good when set and it's just hard to show how they'd look in the CAD program. I trust her aesthetic judgement, so I'm inclined to just leave them be, but if you think of another idea let me know!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gosh, this is much better!!!! :appl:

90/10 plat definitely! It is harder than 95/5 iridium.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

thanks DS!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results