shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond lighting

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I recently replaced the lighting in my office and have noticed that the brighter looking diamond IE Ideal cut Round brilliants are DARKER side by side than say an Asscher cut diamond :shifty:
I have no idea why a brighter stone would be darker in this type of lighting.
What is the best lighting to display Diamonds to show off there brightness and fire and scintillation?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spot lighting can do that to RBs.

I noticed it when I had my Aurora. There were certain lighting conditions that my asscher killed it, over the MRB.

THere are LOTS of threads on this. Please do a search on dark ideal cut or dark round or spot light, lighting... etc. You are a senior enough member to be able to navigate that. So I'll leave you too it, and not hand hold.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Karl likes to say, how a diamond looks depends on lighting, lighting, and lighting.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
treasurehunter|1405648564|3715494 said:
I recently replaced the lighting in my office and have noticed that the brighter looking diamond IE Ideal cut Round brilliants are DARKER side by side than say an Asscher cut diamond :shifty:
I have no idea why a brighter stone would be darker in this type of lighting.
What is the best lighting to display Diamonds to show off there brightness and fire and scintillation?
What kind of lighting did you install in your office?
Diffuse color-balanced daylight flourescent light will enable diamonds to display their overall brightness and natural color. But it will not favor the observation of fire. Strong directional lighting can accentuate contrast and make diamonds look dark. Best overall lighting seems to be a combination of diffuse daylight flourescent to fully illuminate the stone, combined with multiple small directionals to give it pop and to exhibit fire. Daylight fluor with daylight LED can make a very pretty combination. A light environment that is typically favorable to the observation of fire is, strangely enough, an elevator. They are often equipped with many small overhead directional lights sources.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great link, thanks John :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results