shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a fair price to pay for Blue Diamond Stud Earrings?

SierraM

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm a new member. I'm looking to replace a pair of (1 ct total) Blue Diamond Stud earrings that I got my mom 6-7 years ago (She said she lost them). She was pretty upset when she noticed they were gone. I believe they were I clarity and I got them at ebay for $250. They had noticeable inclusions on them but she didn't really care or notice them.

I'd like to get her some SI1-SI2 quality blue diamond earrings this time at the same ct size. What would be a fair price to buy them online?

Thanks

ArdenJewelers

Rough_Rock
Trade
Re: What is a fair price to pay for Blue Diamond Stud Earrin

Hello, I just got off the phone with my diamond dealer. Keep in mind that we are talking about permanently treated blue diamonds. For the same type of color you most likely got last time, they are costing about $900 per carat for SI clarity.

However, they recently came up with a lighter blue that is closer to what natural blue diamonds look like. They are more expensive at about $1,400 per carat though. Stud earrings in 14k white or yellow gold can cost between $50 and $150 depending on how much of a designer look you want.

So a decent price for a pair of finished earrings would probably be $950 - $1,550. Your previous set sounds like it was an incredible deal given standard market prices. Hopefully that helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results