carat
color
clarity

My visit to Langerman Diamonds

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
gregchang35|1405598851|3714958 said:
Nice pics from the pavilion angle.
thax for doing the photos for me, Kroshka, really appreciate it!!! :appl: :appl:
i really like the 0.18ct oval... yummy!!!!
Will be a few years away from acquiring that...save, save save.

No problem Greg - this is the kind of work that is fun to do! We need a money tree since FCD's only seem to go up in price!

Kroshka

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1405599392|3714961 said:
These pictures are killing me; both the plastic baggie storage method and lots of luscious FCDs. :love:

Every time I read the word "baggie" in this thread it makes me think of drugs - but then I think FCD's are like drugs right? They are addicting afterall :naughty: Not all of the parcels were stored in baggies, many were in gem jar type of containers.

Kroshka

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
One more photo then I really have to get moving on my work. Will post more later today as time permits. These were purchased by my friend. A treated black (the only treated stone in the lot), a fancy intense fancy yellow, cognac, brown, blue, pink, and fancy white.

Kroshka

_20322.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice new stuff. I especially like the pink and yellow.

Fancy white diamonds have always eluded me. I haven't seen a discussion about them on PS before. They look like a milky version of colourless diamonds. The white diamonds I have seen for sale have all been graded around I1 so I assume the white colour is caused by inclusions. Are they opaque? Do they sparkle? What do people like about them?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would really like to swim in a pool of pink FCDs Scrooge Mcduck style.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites|1405605587|3715014 said:

Fancy white diamonds have always eluded me. I haven't seen a discussion about them on PS before. They look like a milky version of colourless diamonds. The white diamonds I have seen for sale have all been graded around I1 so I assume the white colour is caused by inclusions. Are they opaque? Do they sparkle? What do people like about them?

LoversKites, fancy whites are milky colored diamonds. I have seen some that are opaque but I prefer the looks of ones that have some transparency/translucency to them so that they have some sparkle. From what I know of them, I would say that yes most of them are graded as I1 as I believe the inclusions are what help to give them that milky look, but I have actually seen a few with certs that were graded SI1. If you get one that is not completely opaque it can sparkle. It's one of those collectors type of stones, you either like it or you hate it, at least that's what I think. I just think they are kind of neat, not my favorite, but nice to have one in the collection.

Kroshka

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
distracts|1405607650|3715039 said:
I would really like to swim in a pool of pink FCDs Scrooge Mcduck style.

Me too! But I won't just limit it to pinks....lol

Kroshka

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL|1405558229|3714739 said:
kroshka|1405537178|3714569 said:
These were 1 pointer blues.

Kroshka

Too bad they're not as big as they look on my monitor. :naughty:

Thanks for the pictures, very fun visit.

LOL!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
kroshka|1405602001|3714987 said:
Chrono|1405599392|3714961 said:
These pictures are killing me; both the plastic baggie storage method and lots of luscious FCDs. :love:

Every time I read the word "baggie" in this thread it makes me think of drugs - but then I think FCD's are like drugs right? They are addicting afterall :naughty: Not all of the parcels were stored in baggies, many were in gem jar type of containers.

Kroshka

and more LOL!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I want I want! The .11 ct round blue knocks my sock off (if I were wearing any)! What a great visit -- bet you went home with sparkles in your brain.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Langermans are really nice to deal with. they respond within a couple of days... but i forget sometimes, it is the weekend that i research and send emails out. doh!

Natascha is just lovely. She only wanted to make sure that i am super happy with my choices. i did not choose the pink oval in the line up above, as i had seen one that was less included, and she was cool with that. so that is a sign of respect from both sides- the vendor who understands ppls choices, and from my side, as she respect that they are my choices, and not hers. Whilst i have not seen the stones in person to compare the website pics and real life pics, Kroshka did take the pics and have stated that they are true to the colour we see in the pink and blue line up.

Time to save, save, save for that blue oval... but other projects in teh making at the moment..... :read: :shhh:

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Ok Kenny, this one's for you! Slightly over a carat VIVD GREEN :$$):

Kroshka

vivid1.jpg

vivid2.jpg

vivd3.jpg

vivid4.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
oh mY!!! that Green!!!!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Such lovely pictures! :Up_to_something: I love the fancy whites, I've seen small ones. The combination of the snowy white and the rainbow sparkle is unusual and cool.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka|1405613567|3715122 said:
Kroshka

La! :-o :love:

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a great color on that green! And goodness, what a thick girdle. Of course, with the rarity of that material, the cutter needs to preserve as much weight as possible.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
urseberry|1405616127|3715151 said:
Wow, what a great color on that green! And goodness, what a thick girdle. Of course, with the rarity of that material, the cutter needs to preserve as much weight as possible.

Yes when I saw the stone, I was like wow that girdle is huge, but who cares cause look at that color! If you see in the 4th photo of the green it looks like that unpolished natural area was left on purpose too, probably to prove it was natural for color. And, for whatever reason, even though the stone is only a bit over a carat, it really looked bigger to me in person - more like a 1.5 carat, but I could have just been so blinded by the color. Let's just say I definitely was knocked off my rocker by the color. :lol:

Kroshka

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed that unpolished patch too, and thought it was done on purpose to help the lab determine its untreated status.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
PLEASE stop posting pictures like this (mint) green FCD - PLEASE!!!!!!! :(( :((

You make me sad - sooooo sad......

SOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
baggies are for drugs... new to me!!! :D

But no body will offer you a baggie full of pink diamond in a dirty backyard ( psst ... need some diamonds - pink australian...?)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
kroshka|1405609193|3715069 said:
LoversKites|1405605587|3715014 said:

LoversKites, fancy whites are milky colored diamonds. I have seen some that are opaque but I prefer the looks of ones that have some transparency/translucency to them so that they have some sparkle. From what I know of them, I would say that yes most of them are graded as I1 as I believe the inclusions are what help to give them that milky look, but I have actually seen a few with certs that were graded SI1. If you get one that is not completely opaque it can sparkle. It's one of those collectors type of stones, you either like it or you hate it, at least that's what I think. I just think they are kind of neat, not my favorite, but nice to have one in the collection.

Kroshka

That totally makes sense. I'd love to see some in person. Thanks for responding to my questions. :)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1405618169|3715177 said:
baggies are for drugs... new to me!!! :D

But no body will offer you a baggie full of pink diamond in a dirty backyard ( psst ... need some diamonds - pink australian...?)

Lol. :cheeky:

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
GIA Fancy Deep Purple Pink 0.22ct. This one was hard to photograph for color and to get clear shots, could be that my hands were just too shaky. The color was very pretty and interesting. And I was surprised that GIA said the main body color was pink rather than purple. I would have guessed Fancy Deep Pink Purple or Fancy Deep Pinkish Purple.

Kroshka

fdpp1.jpg

fdpp2.jpg

fdpp3.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kroshka

Now THAT's an FCD. :love: :love: :love:

My dream stone is to own a large fancy vivid green diamond. It will never happen, but thanks for the pic.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shhh....I need a FCD baggie runner to come meet me in a dark alley and offer me some at a good price. :naughty:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1405627436|3715261 said:
Shhh....I need a FCD baggie runner to come meet me in a dark alley and offer me some at a good price. :naughty:

If you find one, let me know- I'm an FCD junkie,too. :lickout:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Kroshka
wow... just wow.... sigh...just isn't gonna happen for me.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting those lucious FCDs Kroshka.
May I ask the price for the Vivid Green?

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist|1405629055|3715288 said:

I believe it was in the million dollar range, but do not know the exact figure.

Kroshka

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka|1405701517|3715939 said:
cflutist|1405629055|3715288 said:

I believe it was in the million dollar range, but do not know the exact figure.

Kroshka

;( ;( ;( :boohoo: :knockout:

Well, it is to be expected. Those don't come around too often.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results