shape
carat
color
clarity

Bathing suit recommendation

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I need a new bathing suit. I just got one last fall (a two piece/tankini type), but thanks to being pregnant, my ladies no longer fit in the top. I'd like a one piece that has a lot of support up top, since I'm in no way small chested. I'd prefer a shelf bra over underwire. I'd like it to be sporty enough to where I can swim laps. A typical Speedo/TYR style is preferred. but those tend to fit pretty tight through the belly (which obviously won't work at this time). Any suggestions?

I found this one http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-438423_AK.html?CM_MERCH=Shopping_Cart and like that it comes in a DDD option, but I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had great luck with Land's End suits.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:

You win the internet. I looked everywhere for that speedo suit and couldn't find it in stock anywhere.

I ended up getting the LE one I posted. I like that it is sold by bra size. I don't know how much longer in my pregnancy I'll swim, but I do know my boobs are giant now. So I figured that was a solid choice. I also bought a size or two up, so it should provide some growing room.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swim twice a day here in the Phoenix heat and I only buy Land's End suits, the classic tank because I swim laps for exercise. I get them as high-necked as possible, I'm trying to keep the sun off my chest as much as possible. If I sun myself to dry off after a session, I put a small towel over the exposed skin of my chest and neck, sometimes I even include my face under the towel just for extra coverage. I grew up on the beach so I'm making up for that now.

One thing about Land's End suits, some of them have good quality material that does not show every bump and some of them for some reason are made of thinner less stretchy material dammit!

I rinse them in cold water with Nordstrom's special wash for chlorine and some of my suits have lasted 3 years of hard wear.

Enjoy the water!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1405548599|3714671 said:
I swim twice a day here in the Phoenix heat and I only buy Land's End suits, the classic tank because I swim laps for exercise. I get them as high-necked as possible, I'm trying to keep the sun off my chest as much as possible. If I sun myself to dry off after a session, I put a small towel over the exposed skin of my chest and neck, sometimes I even include my face under the towel just for extra coverage. I grew up on the beach so I'm making up for that now.

One thing about Land's End suits, some of them have good quality material that does not show every bump and some of them for some reason are made of thinner less stretchy material dammit!

I rinse them in cold water with Nordstrom's special wash for chlorine and some of my suits have lasted 3 years of hard wear.

Enjoy the water!

Thanks you for this! I haven't heard any complains about Land's End suits, so I'm really hoping I love it!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you do too, a pregnant woman deserves to be weightless and buoyant!!

I looked at my suits, the best ones, the best material, are lined. The unlined ones have the lighter weight material to them. If you're not satisfied with your suit and think a bit more stretch/bit more substance would do the trick, call and talk to a customer service chick at LE, they are very nice, ask them to help you figure out which ones are lined.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
azstonie said:
I hope you do too, a pregnant woman deserves to be weightless and buoyant!! I looked at my suits, the best ones, the best material, are lined. The unlined ones have the lighter weight material to them. If you're not satisfied with your suit and think a bit more stretch/bit more substance would do the trick, call and talk to a customer service chick at LE, they are very nice, ask them to help you figure out which ones are lined.

Shoot, the one I got doesn't mentioned of it's lined, so I'm guessing it's not?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give them a call, if it has not shipped you could switch.

What color did u get? This year all of mine were lined except the dark blue one.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/penbrooke-mod-squad-peasant-mio-7538459/?color=10852

I got this one and found it to be quite supportive in the bust (I am a D cup). It's got several panels and stitching which add support and camo to the front belly zone and bust. It's the best fitting suit I own. (I ordered a 14). I ordered several from SwimOutlet and returned 2. Returning was easy.)

Oops. I just realized you are pregnant. Here is a maternity one-piece.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=36290&Click=35451&subscribe=Y&richrelevance&ViewedPurchased&item_page.rr1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results