shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone show me your 35" and 54" pearl strand/rope?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I contacted PP and Chenai told me that they're creating 35" and 54" Tahitian rope for the Aug special. Each rope should have pearls from 8 mm to 11 mm. But I have no idea how these lengths look on a person. Does anyone have these lengths and can you please show me how many rounds/layers you can make with the length when roped around the neck? Can you also please share the pearl mm? I'm wondering if pearl mm will make it too heavy if rope is 54". Please help a pearl newbie out. Thank you :))

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
photo_2_79.jpg
That is my tahitian rope, wrapped around my neck twice and it is 35"

photo-7_4.jpg

This is my 54" freshwaters I believe they are 7-8MM but I'd have to check again.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
35 inch strand with diamond white gold clasp.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cricket, RandG, thanks for your photos. I love both lengths on you ladies. :appl: I don't know which to choose. I think the deciding factor is if PP is using a clasp. If no clasp, 35" won't go over my head if roped twice. So I must get 54". But too long if 54" only roped twice. I like the rope 3 time look on Cricket. Dilemma.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Here I am with a 50 inch from PP. I've been wearing it tripled and love the layered look!

_20243.jpg

_20244.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1405448029|3713765 said:
Here I am with a 50 inch from PP. I've been wearing it tripled and love the layered look!

Thank you Elysian. I think your rope length and pearl size most probably best resembles what PP is offering in Aug. This gives me a better idea of what to get. I'm most probably getting 54". Which will look about the same length wise on me since my neck is thicker than yours. ;( Hopefully they will put a clasp.

Elysian, is yours Tahitian? Cos PP's Aug special is 8-11 mm Tahitian pearls. Why did you pick baroque over round? I wonder if they're offering round in their special.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
thecat - I'll take a few pictures tonight of my ropes for you if I can. I wouldn't worry about whether the 35" has a clasp or not because you can use a pearl shortener (I do!). PP may offer them but I've purchased a few from ebay and they're basically just a circle that opens up and you loop through 2 ends of the strand and then clasp in back. It works great!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pkinnew|1405450599|3713799 said:
thecat - I'll take a few pictures tonight of my ropes for you if I can. I wouldn't worry about whether the 35" has a clasp or not because you can use a pearl shortener (I do!). PP may offer them but I've purchased a few from ebay and they're basically just a circle that opens up and you loop through 2 ends of the strand and then clasp in back. It works great!

Thanks for offering to take photos, Pkinnew. That's great! And thanks for the info about shortener. I will get one from PP if the rope.doesn't have a clasp.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, mine is Tahitian baroque with circles. You can't go wrong with either rounds or baroque. I think they give different looks, baroques being a bit more casual. I like the colorful circles in circled baroque Tahitians; you can get rings of different colors just on one pearl, I'm a huge fan! Imagine having a whole strand of pearls like these. I like the versatility of baroque Tahitians - you can dress up or down with these. Rounds are gorgeous in their own way. If you're looking for an everyday versatile piece I think you will be pleased with a T rope!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1405453936|3713844 said:
Yes, mine is Tahitian baroque with circles. You can't go wrong with either rounds or baroque. I think they give different looks, baroques being a bit more casual. I like the colorful circles in circled baroque Tahitians; you can get rings of different colors just on one pearl, I'm a huge fan! Imagine having a whole strand of pearls like these. I like the versatility of baroque Tahitians - you can dress up or down with these. Rounds are gorgeous in their own way. If you're looking for an everyday versatile piece I think you will be pleased with a T rope!

Thanks for your response, Elysian. I was just reading SMC's post in July PP sale thread and she stated the same thing. That it's easier to see color in baroque than round. I will definitely go for baroque then. :dance:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
35" Metallic white freshwater.

cream_metallic_0.jpeg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1405454709|3713854 said:
Elysian|1405453936|3713844 said:

Thanks for your response, Elysian. I was just reading SMC's post in July PP sale thread and she stated the same thing. That it's easier to see color in baroque than round. I will definitely go for baroque then. :dance:
Yay, you'll also save a significant amount of money if you go baroque. Rounds are pricey! Can't wait to see what you pick up!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ropes ladies!

I have a 36" ripple rope. It has a clasp so I can double it. The pearls are 11-13mm.

20140613_0.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have a Tahitian rope in either of those lengths (geez, I thought I did lol) so I'm looking forward to next month too!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - Love your Tahitians and Freshadamas! Ropes are getting more and more popular!

Elysian - Your Tahitians tripled are fantastic! What a presence!

RandG - Your pearl strand is gorgeous but that clasp is amazingingly beautiful! Nothing is better than pearls and diamonds!

baby monster - Your doubled ripples do make a statement and it's a good one!

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Baby Monster, thanks for the photo. Your neck is so slender and smooth! Don't think I will post a neck shot after seeing all your neck shots.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1405521732|3714397 said:
Baby Monster, thanks for the photo. Your neck is so slender and smooth! Don't think I will post a neck shot after seeing all your neck shots.
Don't be silly. Any neck looks amazing with pearls around it. ;))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of what used to be my 50" Tahitian rope. My favorite way to wear it was doubled and then woven while looking in a mirror into a triple. I wove it because I liked the look, and also it kept the strands in place so the heaviest wouldn't be dragged down by gravity leaving the strand with the smallest pearls choking me. This strand is light silver with powdery blue showing in certain lighting.

And here is my 35" Tahitian/keshi worn as a long single strand:

_20281.jpg

_20282.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, thanks for the photos. Both lengths and styles look good on you. I see many say they wove their pearls. Won't that cause pearl scratching? I'm worried that the pearls will lose their luster. Otherwise I'd love to do it myself. It's a great look.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I had my 35 inch strand of Tahitians strung MONTHS ago and I still haven't taken photos. I wear it doubled over for formal occasions and long casually. It's a fantastic length. I have even worn it with my cheaper strand of circled Tahitians for an even more luxurious look. The clasp is an invisible/mystery clasp which means I can move the necklace around and wear different pearls at the front.

Here are the original photos:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hinata-andy-muller-baroque-tahitian-strand-from-hong-kong.193572/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hinata-andy-muller-baroque-tahitian-strand-from-hong-kong.193572/[/URL]

The pearls range from 6-14.7mm, with most of the pearls larger than 10mm. Most are drop/baroque pearls.

I find the length really wearable. Another 14-15 inches would definitely be heavier.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MissKittyCat, I love your strand. I like the mix of big and small pearls, can be formal and casual. Very versatile! The color of your pearls give a very luxurious feel. You should start wearing them!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I do wear them! I had them strung just before Christmas last year - I had an invisible clasp put in and it's the BOMB. I am so behind on doing show me threads, however!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1405522724|3714410 said:
thecat|1405521732|3714397 said:
Don't be silly. Any neck looks amazing with pearls around it. ;))

OMG love this baby monster. The pearls and the wise words. So true! :appl: :appl: :appl:
That should be one of the pearl vendor's motto don't you think LOL? It's fantastic.

I love all the photos posted here and the lovely ladies who are modeling their gorgeous pearls. Beautiful every one of them. :love:

thecat, I think both lengths are great and it depends on your wardrobe and lifestyle as to which might suit you better. I have both lengths and I apologize as I am not in the position for a while to be able to take them out and photograph them on me but here are my thoughts.

The 54 plus inch pearls are lovely and you can wear them tripled, doubled, knotted in many different ways. But when they are worn long (doubled or knotted) they do get in the way of my workday so I stopped wearing them at work. The shorter ones (around 35 inches or a bit shorter) I can also wear doubled or knotted and they are less distracting at work.

However what you wear clothing wise obviously makes them a good length or not. The neckline of what you are wearing as well as the overall look makes a difference. I prefer long or short and not so much in between and find myself wearing either choker lengths or lengths past my chest and those lay (and look) best on me IMO.

I think 8mm is great for the 54 inch strand and 11 mm for the 35 inch one but of course it depends on your preferences and your style.

And you are right. The longer strand can feel a bit heavy (to me) at times so may not be best for all day wear for that reason as well. What I think is eventually you need both lengths! :cheeky: :appl:

There is something and I forget what it is called (brain fog permanently for a long while sorry) that can shorten a long strand of pearls so you can make the most of the longer strand and just shorten it to your desired length when you want to. That might make the 54 inch strand the better buy if that works for you. ETA: it's called pearl shortener clasp and here's a link to see if it might work for you. This one is only good for pearls smaller than 10 mm.
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-90-pearl-shortener-14k-gold.aspx

Good luck with your decision and please come back and post some pictures. Whatever you decide will be gorgeous!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Missy, for sharing about the wearability of the different lengths. I went to a pearl counter to check out colors yesterday. Interesting, soft pink blends into my skin tone though it looks great on screen. I'm not sure how Tahitian will look on me. I am in two minds about it, maybe cos that counter didn't have baroques and their round Tahitian didn't have that colorful look. White definitely looks best on me but white is such a common color. I love all the various color pearls you ladies have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results