shape
carat
color
clarity

IKEA Billy Bookcase

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am looking for information on how tall the toe-kick piece is on the bottom of the bookcase. We want to use it in our basement, but in order to make it fit, we may have to cut off 1 1/2- 2 inches. If anyone owns one of these, could you please tell me the height of that piece? Thank you.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 1/8"

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just now finished building two more of these! Absolutely love them!

BUT...

When we picked them up about a week ago, we were warned that they are being discontinued. There is a different manufacturer making a new bookcase for them. I don't know the design or if the shelves will fit with the Billy or not.
We were unable to get any extra shelves for our new bookcases (not to mention the other 6 or so we already had...) so I'm going to have to try online and see if we can order.

Just wanted to give you a heads up :wavey:

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I had some Billies in the past. They're great when they're new, but over time they warped and loosened in their joints. I'm sure they'll be fine as long as you don't move house too often.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have one with glass doors and lighting on top - it sits next to my bedroom vanity and holds all of my designer shoes & handbags:)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, my husband and I just bought a whole set of the birch veneer ones, and when we got them home, we found that the new ones do not have a smooth finish, but rather feel unfinished, or rough. We didn't like it, so we returned it, only to find that we were not able to get the old ones anymore, and they are out of stock on the white ones. They said they should be getting another shipment soon, but I don't know if it is the new ones or old ones... Only after we went through all of this did we realize that they would have been too tall for that space because our basement is not level, and the floor is higher in that area. Soooo.... Now we are playing the waiting game in order to get the set and color we wanted, assuming that they actually ever make them again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results