shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you heard about rolling coal?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found out about the latest anti-environmental craze, Rolling Coal!
It's reportedly a red state thing but I'm sure these lovely people are in every state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AyJBX1HFr0

Examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbAhfThNoco#t=70

You can now buy a kit to modify your diesel truck or car to ROLL COAL.
On command it floods the engine with fuel to produce thick black smoke for purposes of entertainment for you and education for others, and to accelerate global warming.

Blasting pedestrians, especially young hot chicks you have no chance with, bicyclists, liberals, motorcyclists, and especially hybrid cars with a black sooty toxic cloud is good healthy fun for good old boys everywhere.

It also teaches those all those weak people they shouldn't be so wimpy and they should get a Coal Rolling Diesel truck, a keg of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer and join the fun gathering signatures to impeach Obama.

screen_shot_2014-07-10_at_1.png

screen_shot_2014-07-10_at_2.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Goodness.

And me considering moving to a red state. I would lose my mind if one of my neighbors thought this was a cool thing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.... I'm probably about as conservative as you can get without hitting excessive. I've got to say, that is disgusting. I don't think I'd call it a "red state thing" as that appears to be more of a brainless-booger sort of thing.

I have never seen one of those and don't know anyone who would find the smoke funny. The sticker alone (on their 30 mpg pickup or hybrid SUV) sure! But the smoke is WAY too far. :nono:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw it on TV... :wacko:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would you do that???

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1405058911|3711197 said:
So.... I'm probably about as conservative as you can get without hitting excessive. I've got to say, that is disgusting. I don't think I'd call it a "red state thing" as that appears to be more of a brainless-booger sort of thing.

I have never seen one of those and don't know anyone who would find the smoke funny. The sticker alone (on their 30 mpg pickup or hybrid SUV) sure! But the smoke is WAY too far. :nono:

Just for the record it was called a red state thing in the video link ... not my words.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1405060791|3711211 said:
Why would you do that???

Same reason people do lots of harebrained stuff ... drain bamage. :knockout: :nono:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1405067651|3711234 said:
TooPatient|1405058911|3711197 said:

Just for the record it was called a red state thing in the video link ... not my words.

Yep!

Not directed at you. I just think the people posting the video should realize that it is not a common feeling among conservatives. There are always dumb people out there and tarring an entire group (however a group is defined) with the bad choices of a few leads to misunderstandings and lack of communication.

I do hope each and every one of those people who are spewing smoke get ticketed for their actions. I think there are emissions requirements they must be breaking?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Friends were sending this to me on Facebook last week because I love diesel cars. I'm all about the fuel efficient European diesel, not whatever this is.

I feel like intentionally spewing toxic/carcinogenic fumes on pedestrians and cyclics is assault and offenders should be prosecuted.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've unfortunately seen it happen in my hometown and been forced to drive through the smoke due to driving on the same street. I'm not going to describe the type of person who does this. It's a despicable thing to do. It happened right next to the jail, the courthouse, and the police station which are located at the town square. It wasn't as though the driver was worried about being caught and fined. I also live in a state where, except for two counties up north outside Chicago, there is no required emissions testing for vehicles. You can drive whatever you want here and don't have to give a hoot (ha) about polluting the environment. Oh, we also don't have a helmet law. And we just decided not to recognize all the marriages that were performed when the ban was lifted a couple weeks back. I'm not very proud of my state right now, nor my country (but I've already mentioned that on the Americans thread), but I am doing my part. I'm careful about using fuel and try to use other means of transportation when possible. I grow a lot of our own food. I vote for those who support equal rights. Etc. Just because I live in a "red" state doesn't mean I have two kernels of corn for brains. But guilt by association...yeah, I get it. It's too bad.

And Kenny, just a slight correction for your OP: all the hipster liberals drink PBR now. The coal rollers are more likely to drink Butt Light.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
That is a disgusting thing to do. I liken it to folks who were opposed to others wearing fur throwing blood or red paint on the fur wearers. I do not wear fur but do not approve of stopping others from doing so. I also do not approve of dissing coal mining states. Coal has served us well in providing power. Last I heard it was providing a large portion of power used in the US. I think fracking has the potential to cause some environmental issues and I fear the nuclear problems. We sure do not have enough wind power to sustain us. I feel it is premature to try to kill coal when you are unwilling to turn off some of the electronics and quit driving so many cars. Reason is what I think we need to practice. Don't kill something without researching the outcome. The coal rolling is bad but making light of what those coal miners and coal fired power plants have provided us electric consumers is equally nasty. I tire of the disrespect given some states by folks who feel they are superior. I do not respect the smoke blowers but I do respect the citizens of this country who work for a living and try to be responsible citizens no matter what color or name of their home.

ps I have no problem with Prius but it does need charging I believe and coal just might be generating that power. Just something to consider.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Butt Lite". :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another example of American "entitlement" mentality? :naughty:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Coal Roller actually is the slang term for any diesel pickup truck, not just the ones with the smoke kits.

"Coal rolling," as described by that video in the original post, is a very small fraction of diesel drivers who just have to be childish misbehave. It's not everyone, and it's not a cultural movement or anything, afaik. I don't really care about the smoke. Kids will be kids.

On the other hand, sometimes we travel in packs and terrorize your neighborhood. :Up_to_something: :bigsmile: ;))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9yXQM1aIA

Diesel douche = Someone who owns / drives a diesel pickup but doesn't actually need one. A diesel douche may also run a smoke kit, and .or install a TRAIN HORN on the truck. The train horns are what really get to me. Some of them go around towns blasting that horn at pedestrians. It's what, over 103 decibels or something. Those guys ought to be shot dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBeCxCS3GyM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lnQJvNDiIM

True confession: I accidentally smoked a motorcycle the other day. I am so sorry. It was not intentional.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Now entering the Ludicrous Zone ... see picture. This is why I can't be bothered with these jokers. :lol: :lol: If you have to do something like that to get attention ... :lol: :lol: A lot of these are trucks used mainly for truck pulls, so they are loud, smoky, and modded, because they have to put on a show.

btw, I don't have a smoke switch on mine. It was just cruddy from not being driven enough highway miles. That's how I accidentally smoked a motorcycle. :lol: I don't do truck pulls, either. I just tow things.

coal.jpg

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
These people probably enjoy farting in peoples' faces.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
:!:
TC1987|1405106000|3711486 said:
Coal Roller actually is the slang term for any diesel pickup truck, not just the ones with the smoke kits.

"Coal rolling," as described by that video in the original post, is a very small fraction of diesel drivers who just have to be childish misbehave. It's not everyone, and it's not a cultural movement or anything, afaik. I don't really care about the smoke. Kids will be kids.

On the other hand, sometimes we travel in packs and terrorize your neighborhood. :Up_to_something: :bigsmile: ;))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9yXQM1aIA

Diesel douche = Someone who owns / drives a diesel pickup but doesn't actually need one. A diesel douche may also run a smoke kit, and .or install a TRAIN HORN on the truck. The train horns are what really get to me. Some of them go around towns blasting that horn at pedestrians. It's what, over 103 decibels or something. Those guys ought to be shot dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBeCxCS3GyM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lnQJvNDiIM

True confession: I accidentally smoked a motorcycle the other day. I am so sorry. It was not intentional.

Diesel trucks that haven't been modified still spew smoke? Any idea why that is? Just curious because I drive a diesel SUV and have never had any kind of smoke. Before that I had a diesel golf and DH had a diesel jetta. Never any smoke. Emissions regulations are pretty strict here.

My earlier comment was in relation to the guy who intentionally covers a poor cyclist with a cloud of smoke, I had no idea this could happen accidentally.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
These people are giving diesel a bad name :naughty:
I also drive a clean diesel SUV, and am outraged by these pictures!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I feel like it ought to be called [t]rolling coal.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a Duramax with only 53,000 miles on it and low hours. If I've been using it infrequently as daily driver around town, it will (occasionally) blow one small blast of black smoke if I stomp on the accelerator. But not huge plumes.

Diesels, at least the pickups, are exempt from any emissions inspections here. Until somebody makes China clean up their air, I'm not going to worry about my diesel emissions. LOL

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Sky56|1405135971|3711803 said:
These people probably enjoy farting in peoples' faces.

Now don't go giving them any other ideas. LOL

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC1987|1405164428|3711931 said:
Diesels, at least the pickups, are exempt from any emissions inspections here.
Until somebody makes China clean up their air, I'm not going to worry about my diesel emissions. LOL

Huh?
So, two wrongs make a right?

Everyone breathes air.
Good air is better than bad air.
Convincing zillions of people to choose the least-polluting vehicle that meets their needs is a good thing.

99% of the time here in Los Angeles the only cargo I see being hauled by drivers of SUVs and pick up trucks is a Starbucks Latte!
They don't need a 4 ton monster that gets 15 MPG.
When I need one I'll rent one for the day.

_387.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1405146935|3711869 said:
I feel like it ought to be called [t]rolling coal.

+1

I think this is being done to troll the "Prius crowd". Just ignore them and leave them to their chronic asthma attacks.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1405188077|3712092 said:
I think this is being done to troll the "Prius crowd".

Why do people dislike hybrid drivers?
Hybrids produce lower emissions, and lower demand for gas in theory would lower prices.

Shouldn't people who breath air thank us?

That said, my favorite episode of South Park was the "Smug Alert" one directed at the smug arrogance of some hybrid drivers ... so I DO get that, and I enjoy the humor.

But seriously, I understand the right to drive whatever you want but why are us saints :saint: seen as devils :evil: ?
Do we tap into drivers of gas pigs' suppressed shame and embarrassment?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1405187661|3712089 said:
Until somebody makes China clean up their air, I'm not going to worry about my diesel emissions. LOL

Huh?

Everyone breathes air.
Convincing zillions of people to choose the least-polluting vehicle that meets their needs is a good thing.

99% of the time here in Los Angeles the only cargo I see being hauled by drivers of SUVs and pick up trucks is a Starbucks Latte!

Kenny,

I use my Ford 250 Diesel with extended cab nearly daily. When I can I use my scooter which gets more than 120 MPG. When I need security, such as when I am picking up and transporting diamonds, I am happily ensconced in a metal cocoon that will allow me to live through any silly "hit and steal" traps while inflicting maximum damage on the hitter. When I go kayaking I quickly toss my kayak into the 8 ft bed. When I go fishing I tie my two man fishing kayak onto the roof rack. When I need to haul a trailer, I can switch hitches to fit the trailer that I am pulling, whether it is a boat, a horse trailer or just a utility trailer to take trash to the dump. When I go hunting I put my guns inside the truck and my dog kennel and other gear in the bed of the truck. When someone needs help hauling "stuff" I am there, what ever the reason.

It has twelve years and 188,000 miles on it and puts out very little in the way of emissions. And yes, I do need my monster that gets me 15MPG and I would need to rent one at least fifteen days a month, more often in the summer. Still, I love my scooter, which actually more than paid for itself in less than two years with the savings from not driving my monster on those days when I do not need it.

Your life style does NOT make mine wrong.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but dang dude, I am feeling a little persecuted with your comments and attitude.

Wink

P.S. I do not have a rolling device, why would I pay perfectly good money to waste fuel?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1405191001|3712120 said:

Huh?

Everyone breathes air.

Kenny,

I use my Ford 250 Diesel with extended cab nearly daily. When I can I use my scooter which gets more than 120 MPG. When I need security, such as when I am picking up and transporting diamonds, I am happily ensconced in a metal cocoon that will allow me to live through any silly "hit and steal" traps while inflicting maximum damage on the hitter. When I go kayaking I quickly toss my kayak into the 8 ft bed. When I go fishing I tie my two man fishing kayak onto the roof rack. When I need to haul a trailer, I can switch hitches to fit the trailer that I am pulling, whether it is a boat, a horse trailer or just a utility trailer to take trash to the dump. When I go hunting I put my guns inside the truck and my dog kennel and other gear in the bed of the truck. When someone needs help hauling "stuff" I am there, what ever the reason.

It has twelve years and 188,000 miles on it and puts out very little in the way of emissions. And yes, I do need my monster that gets me 15MPG and I would need to rent one at least fifteen days a month, more often in the summer. Still, I love my scooter, which actually more than paid for itself in less than two years with the savings from not driving my monster on those days when I do not need it.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but dang dude, I am feeling a little persecuted with your comments and attitude.

Wink

P.S. I do not have a rolling device, why would I pay perfectly good money to waste fuel?

It meets your needs.
Didn't you see this, which I wrote? "Convincing zillions of people to choose the least-polluting vehicle that meets their needs is a good thing.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I see a Prius my first thought is of Larry David on "Curb Your Enthusiasm." :lol: God, that show was so infuriating yet I watched every episode anyway.

I don't feel bad about driving my 14 year old SUV. Our city sucks at snow/ice removal so I'll hang onto my 4wd as long as it runs. I actually do use my cargo space to haul cargo for work/volunteering and ya know, stuff I buy. It has even been off-roading a few times! Shocking! :dance: I think they're appropriate if they're being used for their intended purposes. ETA: just read Wink's response--I forgot about all the towing/moving other people's stuff! If we had to rent an appropriate vehicle every time...well, easier to just buy one!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1405188847|3712098 said:
moneymeister|1405188077|3712092 said:
I think this is being done to troll the "Prius crowd".

Why do people dislike hybrid drivers?
Hybrids produce lower emissions, and lower demand for gas in theory would lower prices.

Shouldn't people who breath air thank us?

That said, my favorite episode of South Park was the "Smug Alert" one directed at the smug arrogance of some hybrid drivers ... so I DO get that, and I enjoy the humor.

But seriously, I understand the right to drive whatever you want but why are us saints :saint: seen as devils :evil: ?
Do we tap into drivers of gas pigs' suppressed shame and embarrassment?

Seriously, I'll try to answer as best I can. I am going to put this tactlessly to help illustrate the mind-set from the "other side". As you see this group as classic redneck, that group also views the left in a cartoonish short hand that is as unforgiving. I agree we should all drive whatever we want (and can afford) to drive.

I think part of it is most "red-necks" know electricity is made from coal. The government is giving big rebates for hybrids at the tax payer's expense. "Obama" is helping to pay for that hybrid car and the country is going broke. The hybrid thing is seen as a sales pitch and the joke is on the people who bought it and the tax payers for funding it. That p*sses a lot of blue collar guys off. Calling something green does not make it so. It's right up there with weather change and immigration law and gun control as a hot topic. Hence the bumper sticker, hence the hate from the red-necks.

I am paraphrasing a conversation that I had with my ultra conservative gun carrying helicopter pilot fiance. I don't usually refer to him like that, but I am telling you in short hand he knows a good bit about motors and is conservative to the nth degree. ANYHOW, I expressed interest in buying one and he filled me in on how they are not green. According to him, the owners are smug and tend to drive too slow to boot. He does not roll coal, but he does have a new Tundra that is only slightly smaller than a railroad car. He ALWAYS parks in the "reserved for fuel efficient cars" parking lot as a sign of protest because he knows it will annoy a hybrid owner.

Please don't hate the messenger, you asked.

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/cars/T009-C000-S002-how-green-is-my-hybrid.html

The south park episode: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e02-smug-alert

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1405191321|3712126 said:
Wink|1405191001|3712120 said:

Huh?

Everyone breathes air.

Kenny,

Wink

It meets your needs.
Didn't you see this, which I wrote? "Convincing zillions of people to choose the least-polluting vehicle that meets their needs is a good thing.

Sorry, I have been having a hard day, a supplier sent me the wrong diamond, my back hurts and the Chiropractor will not be open until Monday, and, LOL, I have a headache.

I completely missed that. By then I must have been seeing too much red...

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results