shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy interesting, high-quality couch cushions?

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescopers have great taste, so I know you'll be able to help me out. I am already forever indebted to Gypsy for turning me on to Cuddledown linens. Anyway, I'm in the market for decorative couch cushions. Love interesting textures in solid colors, with firm feather, down, or foam fillers that hold up well over time. Am I better off buying separate pillow inserts and covers? What brands and stores do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I found some I like at West Elm, including this one.
pillow.jpg

And I really love the humor of this pillow, though it's a bit expensive.
m_pillow.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, thanks. I like all three of the suggestions so far. The browse by color feature at Company C is great.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww Urseberry! I am glad you love your linens!

:dance:

Pillows are harder. I have a pair I adore they are from some high end designer that sells pillows for 200 bucks a pop ( :$$): ) on Horchow but I got the COVERS on ebay for 30 each and used some inserts I made. Horchow has some lovely stuff (they are owned by Neiman Marcus, so you can imagine).http://www.horchow.com/Decor/Pillows-Throws/cat6000744_cat000089_cat000000/c.cat?fromDrawer=true I do occasionally get lucky on One Kings Lane. But I get unlucky on there too. Since it's different vendors there are a lot of quality differences.

My big things is high quality inserts (not the cheap ones that poke feathers at you no matter WHAT you do), and I find they are hard to find. I did have a few old pillows at the house that I disassembled and put into a tight weave cotton for inserts and those are the best ones I have ( they are inside the expensive pillow covers from ebay/Horchow).

The ones I KNOW I can't stand are feather from Pier One or Ikea. They poke you crazy.

II think Cuddledown DOES have feather pillow inserts. They cost the earth, BUT they do have a pillow event once a year. So... it may be worth it for you to check it out.

Trina Turk (I think it's her) has some pillow covers I ADORE .But again, cost the earth! They can be found on Zinc Door (I adore that site)

LaylaGrace is another good source. But again, pricey.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, throw pillows. My husband actually uses decorative couch pillows to put his head on, and even worse than that, he folds them in half before laying down on them. So I constantly have to a) wash the covers, because he gets hair products and face oils and sunscreen all over them, and b) buy new inserts, because he utterly destroys them with the folding. I have to store my favorites in the closet and only put them out when company is over. It's baffling to me. I had this one couch pillow all through college and it was in perfect condition and he basically pulverized it within six months.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Company C is awesome. I haven't bought anything from them in a while, but I love browsing their site and visiting their stores.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love Pricescope! Gypsy, you are the bomb. Adding to my list of places to shop.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the additional replies. 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results