shape
carat
color
clarity

Ever lose a diamond? Where do you think it is?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost a diamond stud once. My daughter found it about a a year
Later trapped in that thin layer of fabric under the
Couch. In that year I had no idea where it was!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We were headed out tonight, dressy attire. I cleaned the items I was planning on wearing, & in the process discovered a missing 1ct stud earring. We scoured everywhere, even emptied vacuum bags from 2 vacuums. Had a nice evening out, moaned & groaned about my missing earring. Came back home tonight, got into my comfy clothes, including my slippers, only to discover...I had stepped on the diamond stud earring while cleaning my gems, it was impaled in the soft rubber sole of my slippers.

The entire time we were looking I kept thinking about this thread....the stud earring was not damaged in any way, could not believe it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not a diamond, but my cherished Flica gold and pearl bracelet. Last saw it in Cali....

I cleaned my son's car out two weeks ago and there it was. Wedged between the console and seat. That car was mine before he "inherited" it...and I've clean the interior every summer for the past three years...meticulously. Vacuumed, sani-wiped, exchanged the mats...the whole 9 yards.

And yet, I just found it . Jiggled out to where I could see it....

Don't lose hope...your earring may work it's way back to you!

cheers--Sharon

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1403017087|3694970 said:
marcy|1402958003|3694516 said:
When I was using an ultrasonic cleaner every day I had an accent come out in the jewelry cleaner. I had it clasped with tweezers and that suckers shot across the room and I never did find it.

:lol: sorry, but it sounds funny.
We should invent a diamond magnet and make out millions!

I have one 0.25 JA stud living in the grass in my daughter's front yard. Where it shall remain forever, probably.
Then mate then disappeared.
Several months later I was looking for a needle I dropped on my old pine flooring that has big cracks between the boards and there was the stud. I was quite happy.

By the way, I have a metal detector that has helped on occasion with larger jewelry lost outside, but didn't in the case of the yard diamond.

Throw some fertilizer down in that area and see if a diamond tree will grow! :bigsmile:

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
In my mid 20s I lost a diamond stud in a gravel parking lot of a bar/night club. I brushed my hands across my ear to put my hair up or something. I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole night.

As I was leaving the bar and walking to my car I was looking down to see if maybe I'd find it. I found it! I saw something shiny and there it was! I was shocked because who knew I'd find it at night, in a gravel parking lot of a bar?

Great end to the night. :)

GL and I hope you find it.

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
My husband used to play with his wedding band while he was wearing it...he never felt comfortable wearing the ring. He was twisting it on his finger while he had his hand on the steering wheel one day and it flew off and went down the vents of the dashboard. We tried to get it out but it rested there for a couple of years. We always knew where it was so no big deal and just kind of forgot about it. Not long ago he got in an accident and totaled his car (no injuries and not his fault). I remembered the ring in the middle of the night and told him the next morning we needed to get it back. It was just a plain gold band but had sentimental meaning to me. The car was in the salvage yard and we had it towed to a shop where they took the car apart, retrieved the ring, put the car back together, and then towed it back to the salvage yard. That cheap band got pretty costly! The wedding band now sits in my jewelry box:)

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
My old stud has a story
1. dressed in morning, went to work
2 I have to change into work clothes which I did
3. wear masks at work for each patient so masks on and off all day
4. changed back into street clothes
5 went for a massage, took my shirt off again
6 when redressing, the back of my stud fell on the floor
7 searched everywhere at the massage studio for the stud
couldn't find it and so hubby went back after her last client
8 GONE :(( :(( :((

a week later was siting on the loo and saw a sparkle under the bathroom cupboard. It was my stud!!!

the back must have somehow been stuck to my ear and lasted all day through several clothes changes and constant putting on taking off masks. Couldn't believe it!!

Diamonds were my hubby's first buy, horrible diamonds (I now know) but sentimental!

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I lost my grandmothers pearl diamond earrings. Both of them, on my other grandmothers farm. It was the oddest thing, wore them to my great uncles funeral, they stayed in all morning and afternoon, went back to the town my parents met and the earrings must have dropped while I was walking with her on her farm. Broke my heart. Not pricey pieces, but the only piece of jewelry I had of hers. I never had an issue with them staying on ever either. It's almost like they wanted to get off there. That's what I tell myself, anyway.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm hard on jewelry.

I once lost my entire ring in the console of my car. I was applying lotion to my hands and tossed it in a cup holder. When I went to retrieve it I found a tiny hole in the bottom of the cup holder. So I raced to the dealership and explained what happened. They kept removing parts and pieces until they found my ring. They didn't even charge me for it.

A few months before losing my ring in my car, I lost the diamond. We were relocating the office where I worked and I was packing and unpacking boxes of files. I was driving home one afternoon and looked at my hand (as I am want to do at a stoplight) and screeched. The prongs of my ring were sticking out oddly and a big, gaping whole was where my diamond was. When we bought the ring, we bought insurance that covered it in case of a loss. So I went to the jewelry store and dropped off my ring to have a new diamond set in it. A couple of days later I remembered the boxes and started emptying every box until I found it. I took it back to the jewelry store and they stuck it back in the ring. Unfortunately, while it was out of the setting I took a good look at it under a loupe and was horrified. It was eventually upgraded for a similar sized, much less included diamond.

Both of those incidents were my former wedding ring from a failed marriage. They happened shortly after the wedding. I think it was an omen.

I hope you find your earring!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wish me luck......car is at the dealership today for first complimentary service 5k miles. They said they would take things apart to look for my earring free of charge. Hope they find it AND give it back, since they are not charging me, and :think: the stud is worth over 1k. I want to believe in the inherent goodness of human nature...praying and hoping to give positive update soon!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got all my colored stones and diamonds out for a little OOOOO SHINY! playtime/design time.

Had a nice pile of various sized diamond melee, some darned good size! One of the largest ones was in my tweezers and PING! Never to be seen again. In the kitchen, at the island. Put the dogs in the next room, got a flashlight, nada.

Whoever buys our house will have a nice diamond find one day :clap:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1404858540|3709263 said:
Wish me luck......car is at the dealership today for first complimentary service 5k miles. They said they would take things apart to look for my earring free of charge. Hope they find it AND give it back, since they are not charging me, and :think: the stud is worth over 1k. I want to believe in the inherent goodness of human nature...praying and hoping to give positive update soon!

You guys will not believe this we found out after reading the report when getting home:.....the dealership had my car for 2 whole days and said they took out my drivers seat, ripped out carpeting and did everything to look for my earring! HOWEVER, THEY TOOK OUT THE WRONG SEAT!!!!!! I specifically brought the service advisor to my car to show him where the earring fell....between the passenger seat and center console. I appreciate the fact they did not charge me, but wasted 2 whole days to look under the wrong seat? Unbelievable!!!!!!!

Dh is taking my car back tomorrow :( please sent me prayers and dust for a better outcome!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! After all that they took out the wrong seat! Perhaps leave a big note on it this time like how surgeons are said to draw on patients.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I hope they find it this time.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1404966950|3710269 said:
jaysonsmom|1404858540|3709263 said:

You guys will not believe this we found out after reading the report when getting home:.....the dealership had my car for 2 whole days and said they took out my drivers seat, ripped out carpeting and did everything to look for my earring! HOWEVER, THEY TOOK OUT THE WRONG SEAT!!!!!! I specifically brought the service advisor to my car to show him where the earring fell....between the passenger seat and center console. I appreciate the fact they did not charge me, but wasted 2 whole days to look under the wrong seat? Unbelievable!!!!!!!

Dh is taking my car back tomorrow :( please sent me prayers and dust for a better outcome!

My knight in shining armor aka my hubby aka STUD went to the dealership bright at early this morning and supervised while they took out the correct seat this time, and voila! He personally fished out the earring and sent me this pic! Can't wait to go home and put it back on.

_20093.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on finding your stud! I love your stud setting. It's so unique. I have never seen anything like it before. Do you mind sharing where you got it from?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
hi Cat, actually what you're seeing is the backing...I got an 8 prong platinum stud from Brian Gavin, and requested extra large backing, because I have small thin earlobes. the backing keeps the diamond from drooping, and also give me lobes a size boost.

_20024.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply, jaysonsmom. I initially thought that it was a metal halo with the diamond in the center, giving a flower look. Your BGD photo clearly shows the back. :))

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad that your story has a happy ending. Enjoy wearing your earrings again. :appl:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Rena7|1405023287|3710777 said:
I'm so glad that your story has a happy ending. Enjoy wearing your earrings again. :appl:

Thank you: Rena7, Rhea, thecat, and anyone who is still following my lost diamond saga :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results