shape
carat
color
clarity

Men's Tiffany Lucida 4.5mm look to small on my finger?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a 4mm comfort fit, platinum round band, not female looking at all. Size 10 finger.
To be honest, your stubby fingers and bitten off nails (as you stated both)......make the rings look unattractive (in my opinion). You can't do anything about the shape of your fingers, but the nails are another thing.
I also looked at the Tiffany ring, went with eweddingbands.com and saved about 50%. Its your coin, spend it how you wish. eweddingbands.com has a good return policy.

Indican

Shiny_Rock
I know you haven't asked about purchasing pre-owned, but just in case... I like to find deals on pre-loved T&Co. items. You have to be very careful on eBay, but sometimes you can find an authentic one for a good deal. There are four currently listed on eBay. Buyer Protection protects you even if there is no return policy. If it's in good condition and checks out with T&Co., you can get it polished to new condition. Just a thought.

I think these are fake: :nono:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2075-TIFFANY-CO-4-5mm-Lucida-Platinum-Wedding-Band-size-10-950-Purity-11gm-/121379914692?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item1c42ce83c4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-Co-Platinum-4-5mm-Lucida-Wedding-Band-Ring-10-/231263223292?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item35d85cbdfc

I think these might be authentic: :dance:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-Lucida-Platinum-4-5mm-size-10-Wedding-Band-/121382294655?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item1c42f2d47f#viTabs_0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-Mens-Platinum-4-5mm-Lucida-Wedding-Band-Size-10-/251582967819?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item3a9383700b

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the look of a 6mm band on men, it looks more masculine - that's just personal preference though. My FI tried on a multitude of wedding bands and he ended up with a 6mm double milgrain band from Tiffany's (geesh he got Tiffany's and I didn't!)!

I do think it woud be easier to visualize it better if the ring fit. It looks a little snug.

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
WillyDiamond|1404995819|3710379 said:
I wear a 4mm comfort fit, platinum round band, not female looking at all. Size 10 finger.
To be honest, your stubby fingers and bitten off nails (as you stated both)......make the rings look unattractive (in my opinion). You can't do anything about the shape of your fingers, but the nails are another thing.
I also looked at the Tiffany ring, went with eweddingbands.com and saved about 50%. Its your coin, spend it how you wish. eweddingbands.com has a good return policy.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for stating the obvious. :angryfire: I do realize that my nails unattractive, It's a very bad habit that I have when I get nervous or when I'm under high stress levels. I actually haven't touched my nails since taking the picture and I'm gonna do my best to grow them out. I might consider eweddingbands.com as the Low Dome Euro Platinum ring looks similar to the Tiffany Lucida...but what happens when you need Benchmark to resize the ring or repolish the ring. So, you have to mail it in through snail mail to Benchmark everytime to get work done? Just seems like a P.I.T.A. I don't know, maybe the savings on the ring is worth the trouble of having to mail it out everytime.

I realize that Tiffany is definitely Priced remarkably high and that you can purchase rings at other places for cheaper...but the fact that I live close by to a Tiffanys store, and could take the ring in to get resized for free (as long as I'm sizing down, sizing up would obviously be a charge as they would be adding Platinum) and free cleanings might reflect the cost over time and make it worth it.

I just hate the fact that anytime I would want work done to the Benchmark Ring...on to the post office I go...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you ever tried that nail polish that tastes gross? It really works.

Also I can't imagine you'll need it sized that often in your lifetime. And what kind of cleaning does a plain plat band really need.

Those two things combined I do not think justify the price of a plain tiffany plat band.

But if you just want it because you want it, get it. You get one wedding band it should be exactly what you want.

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
Indican|1404997166|3710393 said:
I know you haven't asked about purchasing pre-owned, but just in case... I like to find deals on pre-loved T&Co. items. You have to be very careful on eBay, but sometimes you can find an authentic one for a good deal. There are four currently listed on eBay. Buyer Protection protects you even if there is no return policy. If it's in good condition and checks out with T&Co., you can get it polished to new condition. Just a thought.

I think these are fake: :nono:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2075-TIFFANY-CO-4-5mm-Lucida-Platinum-Wedding-Band-size-10-950-Purity-11gm-/121379914692?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item1c42ce83c4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-Co-Platinum-4-5mm-Lucida-Wedding-Band-Ring-10-/231263223292?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item35d85cbdfc

I think these might be authentic: :dance:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-Lucida-Platinum-4-5mm-size-10-Wedding-Band-/121382294655?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item1c42f2d47f#viTabs_0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-Mens-Platinum-4-5mm-Lucida-Wedding-Band-Size-10-/251582967819?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item3a9383700b

Thanks for the suggestions, I wouldn't mind a pre-loved Tiffany wedding band but I just don't trust dropping a grand at ebay for a 50/50 chance that it may or may not be real. Since Tiffany is the most counterfeit jewelry company in the world...it's kinda hard to trust anything second hand.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"And what kind of cleaning does a plain plat band really need."

I think the OP meant polishing, not cleaning, as Tiffany WILL do that free of charge for life.

Personally, since the OP has already said he wants Tiffany (the most counterfeit jewelry in the world),
he should get it. Sometimes it is not always about money. I know that I could have bought a FY diamond
from an online vendor for 1/3 to 1/2 of what I paid for my Tiffany Fancy Yellow,
but chose to pay their exorbitant markup anyway because I wanted a Tiffany ring.
But at the same time we had limited cable service for $19 a month while my friends have $200+ per month
bills.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1405014937|3710636 said:
"And what kind of cleaning does a plain plat band really need."

I think the OP meant polishing, not cleaning, as Tiffany WILL do that free of charge for life.

Personally, since the OP has already said he wants Tiffany (the most counterfeit jewelry in the world),
he should get it. Sometimes it is not always about money. I know that I could have bought a FY diamond
from an online vendor for 1/3 to 1/2 of what I paid for my Tiffany Fancy Yellow,
but chose to pay their exorbitant markup anyway because I wanted a Tiffany ring.
But at the same time we had limited cable service for $19 a month while my friends have $200+ per month
bills.

I totally get it. I'm didn't say he shouldn't get tiffany . If he wants it he should. I was just pointing out that those "reasons" to explain away why he wants a tiffany I don't think justify the price.

But he doesn't need justification. He wants a tiffany . Get one! :))

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
re-sizing down? Could be if significant weight loss is in your future, otherwise it is usually the other way.
Best of luck whatever you do.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Can I chime in again? I have the Lucida 3mm AND had a 3.5mm low domed band from E-Wedding Bands (and obviously my husband has the 4.5mm from EWB). While they're very similar, there's still a difference and the Lucida is still the more comfortable and smoother one. It's hard to explain!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1405016869|3710672 said:
Can I chime in again? I have the Lucida 3mm AND had a 3.5mm low domed band from E-Wedding Bands (and obviously my husband has the 4.5mm from EWB). While they're very similar, there's still a difference and the Lucida is still the more comfortable and smoother one. It's hard to explain!

The Tiffany bands that I have tried on "feel like butter" and are silky smooth.

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1405016869|3710672 said:

Thanks for the reply, I'm just gonna get the Tiffany 4.5mm. If I get the eweddingbands low domed band...I'm know in the back of my mind I'm gonna wish I got the Lucida, and I will eventually get the Lucida in the future, so I might as well get the one I really want. YOLO! lol. I will update this thread in a few days with a better picture and nails grown out with the ring on. Thank you all for the help!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a fellow "guy", look forward to seeing your pics

jspicer5

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I am the seller of the second men's Tiffany ring linked to on eBay:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mens-tiffany-lucida-4-5mm-look-to-small-on-my-finger.203822/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mens-tiffany-lucida-4-5mm-look-to-small-on-my-finger.203822/page-2[/URL]

You have described it as "probably fake" and I'd like to know what you're basing this opinion on. I purchased the ring at Tiffany & Co in Boston myself in 1998. It is guaranteed authentic and I would expect any purchased to take it to their nearest Tiffany store and have it authenticated. I offer Buyer Protection, with a money back guarantee, including shipping costs, if anything I sell on eBay is not genuine.

Best regards,
Janet Spicer

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I recently was looking at two pre loved Tiffany and Co etoile rings, one had a hallmark from the 90s that was very similar to the one in the previous posters link. I also uploaded the hallmark to another site where a jeweller had purchased the same ring direct from T&Co from the the 90s with the exact same hallmark.

The second etoile ring had a different hallmark, which had the copyright symbol as well mirroring what is currently in shops. This one had a SKU which checked out with the diamond in the T&Co database.

From my observation I think the hallmarks do have some variation over time. Also the packaging, from my observation, I think there was gold writing in the 90s on a lot of the ring velvet boxes which were slightly smaller than the current ring velvet boxes which are slightly bigger and have silver writing, I think this happened when white gold and platinum particularly in the millennia became more popular. I wasn't purchasing T&Co items in the 90s but it's a trend I've seen. I haven't been able to compare the blue outer box from the 90s to now, as a lot of the 90s blue boxes are no longer around.

I believe the PP. I've also heard anecdotally from a lot of jewellers that platinum/gold/diamond Tiffany does not have the same market for counterfeit jewellery as it's not profitable, ie the workmanship and materials involved as opposed to the sterling silver market.

This ring alone in base metal would cost approximately $600US, then having to be crafted into a ring as well. As pre loved Tiffany sells at a significant less amount than new from the shop, it wouldn't seem like a viable business idea.

I'm referring to the hallmarks in this ring, the one purchased from Boston that I understand the PP is selling.
www.ebay.com/itm/2075-TIFFANY-CO-4-5mm-Lucida-Platinum-Wedding-Band-size-10-950-Purity-11gm-/121379914692?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item1c42ce83c4

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In general, prefer narrow weddings bands on men. Love that "just a hint" of metal appearance. I think you made a great choice!

cheers--Sharon

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Should be picking it up some time next week.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats ! Very excited for you to join the Tiffany family.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You won't regret the decision. I love my Tiffany band and hubby loves his too!

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
What about ebay? Any legit dealers on there to get Tiffany second hand?

Indican

Shiny_Rock
jspicer5|1405081899|3711317 said:
I am the seller of the second men's Tiffany ring linked to on eBay:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mens-tiffany-lucida-4-5mm-look-to-small-on-my-finger.203822/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mens-tiffany-lucida-4-5mm-look-to-small-on-my-finger.203822/page-2[/URL]

You have described it as "probably fake" and I'd like to know what you're basing this opinion on. I purchased the ring at Tiffany & Co in Boston myself in 1998. It is guaranteed authentic and I would expect any purchased to take it to their nearest Tiffany store and have it authenticated. I offer Buyer Protection, with a money back guarantee, including shipping costs, if anything I sell on eBay is not genuine.

Sorry Janet if I am wrong about your band. I am no expert, but was thrown off by the hallmark and smooth outer box.

bliss_cathy|1405122478|3711640 said:
Hello, I recently was looking at two pre loved Tiffany and Co etoile rings, one had a hallmark from the 90s that was very similar to the one in the previous posters link. I also uploaded the hallmark to another site where a jeweller had purchased the same ring direct from T&Co from the the 90s with the exact same hallmark.

The second etoile ring had a different hallmark, which had the copyright symbol as well mirroring what is currently in shops. This one had a SKU which checked out with the diamond in the T&Co database.

From my observation I think the hallmarks do have some variation over time. Also the packaging, from my observation, I think there was gold writing in the 90s on a lot of the ring velvet boxes which were slightly smaller than the current ring velvet boxes which are slightly bigger and have silver writing, I think this happened when white gold and platinum particularly in the millennia became more popular. I wasn't purchasing T&Co items in the 90s but it's a trend I've seen. I haven't been able to compare the blue outer box from the 90s to now, as a lot of the 90s blue boxes are no longer around.

I believe the PP. I've also heard anecdotally from a lot of jewellers that platinum/gold/diamond Tiffany does not have the same market for counterfeit jewellery as it's not profitable, ie the workmanship and materials involved as opposed to the sterling silver market.

This ring alone in base metal would cost approximately $600US, then having to be crafted into a ring as well. As pre loved Tiffany sells at a significant less amount than new from the shop, it wouldn't seem like a viable business idea.

I'm referring to the hallmarks in this ring, the one purchased from Boston that I understand the PP is selling.
www.ebay.com/itm/2075-TIFFANY-CO-4-5mm-Lucida-Platinum-Wedding-Band-size-10-950-Purity-11gm-/121379914692?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item1c42ce83c4

Thanks for the info on the differing hallmarks. I was also thrown off by the smooth blue outer box. I know the velvet boxes have changed because I have both that you described. Unfortunately, there are many counterfeits these days and it's not just silver.

bankmind80|1405548680|3714673 said:
What about ebay?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results