carat
color
clarity

What's going on with DanielM?

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:
tina sparkle|1404908773|3709650 said:
I'm always surprised when people defend the indefensible. This vendor is 100% in the wrong and should stop taking on new orders, and people's money and gemstones, and finish the jobs that are outstanding, beginning with the OP's project that has been languishing since January. That's it, period, then they can begin to repair they're deservedly damaged reputation.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
makemepretty|1404909512|3709659 said:
:appl:
I'm always surprised when people defend the indefensible. This vendor is 100% in the wrong and should stop taking on new orders, and people's money and gemstones, and finish the jobs that are outstanding, beginning with the OP's project that has been languishing since January. That's it, period, then they can begin to repair they're deservedly damaged reputation.

Fully agree with makemepretty, tina sparkle and others. The fact that this is a hobby or side business is entirely irrelevant. They have taken money from people and are therefore held liable and responsible for it. Taking someone's money and then going MIA is, for all intents and purposes, a felony.

If they are indeed going through a medical emergency, then shut down your store and stop taking new clients. I don't understand comments suggesting that they are disappointing customers by temporarily shutting down their store - this is what they should have done from the get-go and I am just astonished that they haven't done this yet despite being aware of this thread. I think that is what is the most worrisome to me. My gut feeling is that they need the money, and are therefore still accepting new projects and, with that, deposits.

I was actually going to contact them for a few projects based on their fantastic work and reviews. But I am definitely not going to give them my business until they clean up theirs.

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Can't figure out how to edit my post, insert "their" for "they're".

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can this vendor be pulled from the list? They've certainly been pulled from my 'list'........... :naughty:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1404914307|3709706 said:
............. My gut feeling is that they need the money, and are therefore still accepting new projects and, with that, deposits.

If you're right, that doesn't bode well for their business. They'll be in the hole when they need to buy gold and supplies.

I really hope you're wrong.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1404922770|3709770 said:
kama_s|1404914307|3709706 said:
............. My gut feeling is that they need the money, and are therefore still accepting new projects and, with that, deposits.

If you're right, that doesn't bode well for their business. They'll be in the hole when they need to buy gold and supplies.

I really hope you're wrong.

To clarify, I am just speculating, as it seems communication goes silent as soon as a deposit is made.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1404933566|3709906 said:
To clarify, I am just speculating, as it seems communication goes silent as soon as a deposit is made.

I know that. Just like I'm not accusing. You did point out a very real possibility that I hope doesn't prove the case.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1404792297|3708708 said:
pregcurious|1404781821|3708567 said:
FrekeChild|1404762871|3708324 said:
Quote:

A) I interpret makemepretty's statement as saying, because they have health problems and that is getting in the way of their work, they should not take on more work.

They ARE aware of the issues going on, they ARE aware of this thread, and they ARE doing their best to fix it. I suggest that instead of posting more nasty stuff in this thread that you address them directly if you have a current project with them and are concerned about timing.

[/quote]

A)Yes, exactly what I mean!
B)I tried contacting them, more than once after my deposit, they don't return e-mails. Hence this thread :)

cm366

Shiny_Rock
makemepretty|1404909449|3709658 said:
Ooooh, I think you confused me with the person I bought the earrings from. The link at the bottom of my louptroop listing is the actual auction that I purchased them from so people could see what I paid and that I was losing money selling them. Could that be it?

Yes, that's exactly right - I figured you were the SELLER on the listing you posted. Sorry about that! :oops:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thank the OP for starting this thread. This has saved some folks from heartache, myself included, and I hope her project will be addressed/resolved by this business. This forum is helpful on subjects that sometimes aren't 'talked' about....such as the case here when a business looks functional, but is not. :wall:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! I went away for work for a while and had no idea what this thread turned into. On one hand I feel pretty awful for starting all this; I wouldn't wish health problems on my worst enemy and I'm not one to assume the worst of people. On the other hand, learning that others are going through the same thing and that they were still taking new orders and deposits for months after they'd stopped all contact with me… Well, it does seem suspicious. Again, I'm not assuming the worst and I don't think it was maliciously done- just maybe that they are in over their heads and needed the cash especially with whatever issues are going on. Still, an automatic reply email or update to their site would be SO easy!

I won't be going over their heads at this point because thankfully, they don't have any of my diamonds or gemstones. All they have from me is my deposit, and though I won't be happy to lose it, there are worse things I could be dealing with. Dan also said they would send me the order with no further payment from me. He actually said he would ship them out "next week" on June 27th, but I didn't really expect that to happen anyway. I do hope I get the pieces at some point but I can back off for a while knowing there are extenuating circumstances.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I for one can't thank you enough Kelli! I'm used to dealing with people/vendors who keep you so up to date that I've never had to ask "when". After my item was delivered to them and I heard nothing, then I e-mailed them again...and again and heard nothing, I searched to see how long was usual and found you had started this thread. Now I know this is normally how they operate. I would have been in panic mode, otherwise.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes to all the ladies in waiting and DanielM's family. I know my item will be arriving shortly, I did hear back.

I think it's truly just a "too much on ones plate" scenario.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep.

This is not a "witch hunt." What they are doing is just plain wrong.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakeMePretty and Kelli,
Please keep us posted. It's great that DanielM replied that your items are being shipped out. As always, the proof is in the receipt of the jewellery.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also hope you get your jewelry soon and it great you heard something. They have been great to deal with in past experiences I have had and I hope things will work out well for them.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad I saw this thread; I have purchased from him in the past and was thinking of getting something small for myself.
It is far better for them to post on their shop they are no longer taking custom orders for whatever specified amount of time, than taking orders and then going silent. They are going to ruin their reputation if they keep this up so I do hope they turn this around. For me, I will definitely not be be placing any orders until this is resolved.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies I have removed a few very rude and unnecessary posts from this thread. Keep it polite.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you get your piece soon. Dan shipped my ring today, can't wait to get it!

_20608.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine, once he started communication vasty improved. The finished product was perfect.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo|1406200248|3719701 said:
Hope you get your piece soon. Dan shipped my ring today, can't wait to get it!

Specs on that stone please?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad for the update and that he finally came through for some of you.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Huh. I still haven't heard anything since June 27th. I guess "next week" is a very subjective term. :((

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli|1406294045|3720438 said:
Huh. I still haven't heard anything since June 27th. I guess "next week" is a very subjective term. :((

I'm sorry. :(sad

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Kelli, did you ever get your item?

And no, I'm NOT wanting the pile-on to start again. I'm just curious if Kelli ever got her stuff.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
No. :(sad I even emailed over the weekend but still haven't heard anything.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear your order is not fulfilled............. I wonder if the person who got their item was an anomaly because no response to emails sounds like what was happening at the beginning of this thread--along with no goods being sent/acknowledged. In other words, I suspect that not much, if anything, has changed........... :angryfire:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Yeah… I guess I'm starting to lose hope. I'm just glad I didn't send them any of my stones!! And I feel bad for those that have. :nono:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry, Kelli. This is very disappointing to hear, but I am glad for the info on what has transpired.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
Does he still fulfill the criteria to be listed on our CS vendor list?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results