Ideal_Rock
Re:

Congratulations, Lauren!!! I'm so so thrilled for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

aviastar|1404779228|3708533 said:
:wavey:

Hi Lauren, Marlie, and mlk!! Welcome, so lovely to have you here!

Amc, what a wonderful us pic! Little arms and legs starting, so exciting! Boo to the sickness, can you take another dose of the b6/unison mid day or would that make you too sleepy?

Glad you're feeling better Neil! I'm the complete opposite, I throw up every morning and then I am much better for the rest of the day. Ravenously hungry and alternatingly moody, but not sick, thank goodness!

SMC, sorry the b6 combo isn't working any more! Will you ask for zofran? I am 10 weeks today! Hooray for inching closer to the second trimester!

Lady, that nutritionist sounds terrifying! My midwife gave me the basics, but said eat what you need to eat to keep it down, in moderation. So far I've almost completely given up soda, which was a major vice for me, but I just don't want it anymore, and I've don't want a ton of red meat although some is ok. Getting enough protein in is hard, but I am trying to eat some with every meal.

AFM, I think we are going to opt out of the NT scan. My insurance isn't going to cover it. In fact, even though I am an intelligent adult who read through my policy and asked pertinent questions of my agent, my insurance will be covering absolutely nothing until I reach my deductible. Which would be fine if our policy didn't renew right smack at the beginning of my third trimester, sticking me with A WHOLE NEW DEDUCTIBLE TO MEET BEFORE THEY WILL COVER ANYTHING :angryfire: . So, the agent is going to get a dressing down and we will be upgrading that policy come renewal time, after I ascertained that I could without a waiting period for maternity to kick in if I stay with the same company.

So we are content with the minimal testing done by the midwives themselves; we will hear the heartbeat at 12 weeks and have our anatomy scan at 20. Other than that things are going really well and we've started to tell friends if the situation seems right. :praise:
Nah, not going to ask for Zofran. I think that it's still manageable, and I've heard Zofran makes constipation worse and I'm already having trouble in that department.

My doctor also said that I should eat whatever I can keep down in the first trimester and worry about eating healthy once I feel better.

I'm sorry your insurance is on the crappy side. I think that given your age you should be pretty low-risk for most things, so I wouldn't worry too much. The odds are definitely in your favor!

lliang_chi|1404789863|3708663 said:
LTP, wow oh wow, m'dear! I'm so happy for you!!!! I remember your story from then and I couldn't be more thrilled! :appl: Sticky dust and hooray for the heart beat! Wow, we're preggo buddies :)

I'll be joining you ladies here. I will be 8 wks on Sunday. Right now my calc'd due date will be the same as my now 2.5 yr old son's was (2/24). Go figure. Anyway, thus far things are OK. Had a family vacation with DH's family this past weekend for Independence Day, and DH said his sis and BIL are onto me. But they're polite enough not to say anything to me. Otherwise, we told my twin sister and her BF. My 1st appointment will be NEXT Monday, the 14th.

~LC 7w1d- I think/hope
Congrats LC!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1404776006|3708497 said:
LTP! Cautiously optimistic for you m'dear!

Thank you, Freke! We are very cautiously excited. :)

lliang_chi|1404789863|3708663 said:
LTP, wow oh wow, m'dear! I'm so happy for you!!!! I remember your story from then and I couldn't be more thrilled! :appl: Sticky dust and hooray for the heart beat! Wow, we're preggo buddies :)

I'll be joining you ladies here. I will be 8 wks on Sunday. Right now my calc'd due date will be the same as my now 2.5 yr old son's was (2/24). Go figure. Anyway, thus far things are OK. Had a family vacation with DH's family this past weekend for Independence Day, and DH said his sis and BIL are onto me. But they're polite enough not to say anything to me. Otherwise, we told my twin sister and her BF. My 1st appointment will be NEXT Monday, the 14th.

~LC 7w1d- I think/hope

LC, wow! Many congrats to you, dear! I'm 8 weeks on Saturday, so we are really close on EDDs! How excited you must be, and how cool that the EDD is so close to your son's bday. :)

My sister and BIL (husband's best friend) and my parents know. A couple of very, very close friends know (one who caught me red handed when turning down wine). DH is waiting to tell his family until we have the Cell-Free Fetal DNA test at 10 weeks. And, yes. We are going to request the test for gender at that point, too. There are some upsides to being a high-risk, advanced maternal age mother-to-be.

Dani|1404821373|3708889 said:
Congratulations, Lauren!!! I'm so so thrilled for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you, Dani! I thought this might be worthy to come out of lurk-dom! :)

Funny story, last night DH asked me if he needed to buy me a push gift. How on Earth does one answer that? lol

SMC

Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier|1404836116|3709008 said:
LC, wow! Many congrats to you, dear! I'm 8 weeks on Saturday, so we are really close on EDDs! How excited you must be, and how cool that the EDD is so close to your son's bday. :)

My sister and BIL (husband's best friend) and my parents know. A couple of very, very close friends know (one who caught me red handed when turning down wine). DH is waiting to tell his family until we have the Cell-Free Fetal DNA test at 10 weeks. And, yes. We are going to request the test for gender at that point, too. There are some upsides to being a high-risk, advanced maternal age mother-to-be.

I'm thinking of paying out of pocket for the cell-free DNA test too. I'm going to a genetic counselor and figuring out how much it costs. I would like to know for sure if my baby has chromosomal abnormalities. The probabilities thing doesn't work well for me because I'm unreasonable risk-adverse when it comes to having to take care of a special needs child. My insurance does cover an amnio so I may end up going that route.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

LC, welcome! I'm glad you are joining us over here. I will definitely be thinking about you on Monday.

Aviastar- I think a lot of us are in the same boat with deductibles since we are all due early in the new year. I've already met mine for this year and will have to pay it again for the baby's birth. I'm really lucky that mine is only $250, though, so I can't really complain. But that would be awesome of you could switch to a better plan.

SMC- As someone who was on Zofran for 10 weeks, I totally agree with wanting to avoid it. My RE mentioned it at my appointment yesterday and I said the same thing. Unless I really can't keep anything down, I'm not going on it. The side effects are just awful...especially the constipation.

AFM, I am so over summer. It's hot here, around 100 every day. Being outside for any length of time just makes me feel awful. B was born in August, and, honestly, I'm not sure which is worse- being in the 1st or 3rd trimester during this heat.

Has anyone stepped on a scale lately? I know with B I gained quite a bit in the first tri, mainly due to the constant "if I don't eat I'm going to throw up" thing. I finally weighed myself and haven't gained anything at all. Which makes since with all of the sickness.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I haven't gained or lost anything, though I definitely feel like I've gotten bigger everywhere. I'm short and relatively small, so there's really no room for the baby to go but out. It's crazy how fast my belly has grown! I'm not really showing yet, but I am definitely not the same shape I was just a couple of weeks ago.

I'm glad it's the summer because I can wear all my looser summer dresses instead of having to force myself into pants. I think I'm happy with having a winter baby. The winters in Seattle aren't cold but they are very dark, so I won't be missing out by staying indoors all the time with the newborn. And once the weather gets nice, the baby will be bigger and we can go out and do stuff.

Good point about the insurance renewing. My deductible's $500 so it's not horrible either but it would have been nice if my pregnancy could have been all done in one calendar year (and we could have claimed a dependent on our 2014 tax return). Oh well!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1404838345|3709026 said:
I haven't gained or lost anything, though I definitely feel like I've gotten bigger everywhere. I'm short and relatively small, so there's really no room for the baby to go but out. It's crazy how fast my belly has grown! I'm not really showing yet, but I am definitely not the same shape I was just a couple of weeks ago.

I'm glad it's the summer because I can wear all my looser summer dresses instead of having to force myself into pants. I think I'm happy with having a winter baby. The winters in Seattle aren't cold but they are very dark, so I won't be missing out by staying indoors all the time with the newborn. And once the weather gets nice, the baby will be bigger and we can go out and do stuff.

Good point about the insurance renewing. My deductible's $500 so it's not horrible either but it would have been nice if my pregnancy could have been all done in one calendar year (and we could have claimed a dependent on our 2014 tax return). Oh well!

I just feel fat. I need to start working out again because I know it will make me feel better, but it's hard to do that when feeling so crappy all the time. Catch 22.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1404840091|3709045 said:

I just feel fat. I need to start working out again because I know it will make me feel better, but it's hard to do that when feeling so crappy all the time. Catch 22.
I hear you! I feel the exact same way and it's a little unsettling that my thighs rub together when I walk. My doctor says not to worry about it and resume exercising when I feel better. The only exercise I get right now is walking my dog.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1404840893|3709055 said:

I hear you! I feel the exact same way and it's a little unsettling that my thighs rub together when I walk. My doctor says not to worry about it and resume exercising when I feel better. The only exercise I get right now is walking my dog.

I had also forgotten about the pregnancy/out of breath thing. I walk up the stairs and am out of breath. I know it's normal, but it just makes me feel even fatter.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

My body all feels the same except I feel like my belly is protruding. I weighed myself and I haven't gained a lb.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1404842647|3709082 said:
My body all feels the same except I feel like my belly is protruding. I weighed myself and I haven't gained a lb.

Yep, especially in the evening...I usually unbutton my pants as soon as I walk through my door.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1404841603|3709070 said:
SMC|1404840893|3709055 said:

I had also forgotten about the pregnancy/out of breath thing. I walk up the stairs and am out of breath. I know it's normal, but it just makes me feel even fatter.
I forgot about that too! And I get it with the worst fatique right at 1130 every day and that's right when I go to work!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Popped over here to lurk and saw LTPs brilliant news! Congrats!!!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Funny story, last night DH asked me if he needed to buy me a push gift. How on Earth does one answer that? lol

Ummm... Really LTP? The way to answer it is a very enthusiastic YES!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lliang_chi|1404870362|3709391 said:

Ummm... Really LTP? The way to answer it is a very enthusiastic YES!
Ha!

I told. My hubby I "needed one" loads of times. Shows what that gets me :doh:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Niel, I got the same response too. So I'm just going to buy a pair of studs for myself after I have Baby2. :) One for each. Funny story, my sister asked me if I would ever give E my engagement ring if he wanted to propose one day some day when he grows up. And I was like, "Sure. I'd love to." Then she asked, "But what if you have another son?" My response was, "Then DH has to buy me another diamond, so I'll have one for each." :lol: I have not run this by DH, but he'll find out eventually... :Up_to_something:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I've told my DH that I need a push present too. There are two things on my list (in order of preference):
1. a high-end treadmill (I run a lot and I anticipate not being able to go to the gym with a baby)
2. a Cartier LOVE bracelet

DH has promised the treadmill if we can find space for it (which may be very hard unless we move to a new place).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lliang_chi|1404874219|3709455 said:
Niel, I got the same response too. So I'm just going to buy a pair of studs for myself after I have Baby2. :) One for each. Funny story, my sister asked me if I would ever give E my engagement ring if he wanted to propose one day some day when he grows up. And I was like, "Sure. I'd love to." Then she asked, "But what if you have another son?" My response was, "Then DH has to buy me another diamond, so I'll have one for each." :lol: I have not run this by DH, but he'll find out eventually... :Up_to_something:

Yeah I'm buying myself a little something. My DH is smart enough to know when it comes to jewelry I don't like surprises. So I might as well just do it myself.

Your a good mom. I always think about giving my kids my e ring, but hopefully I have other ones to offer instead. I'm too attached! Lol

But I want a gold initial necklace pretty badly. I'm hoping sense Christmas is right before my due date I could trick him into that.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the welcome! I was away in the country without cell reception so I'm just getting back on track now.

Ltp...what a story! So happy for you and your husband! I can only imagine the surprise you felt.

Mlk...I also have mixed feelings and anxiety about my relationship with my daughter. I just try to remember that she'll also have a new person to love...eventually. It's just a lot of change and it can sometimes be overwhelming when you try to think of everything, and everyone who will be affected. Anyway, you are not alone is my point.

Lc...hi! How cute that your son and future baby will be so close in birthdays!

AMC, Smc and Neil...hope you are all feeling ok! Sorry you are all ms ridden

Afm...nothing to report yet. Still pretty early to feel much. Cramps here and there and a bigger set of boobs. That's about it!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks for the sympathy, everyone! My ms has been way better these last 2 days so I'm very cautiously optimistic that things are on the up for me. I was even able to go to the gym yesterday - though my workout was much less strenuous that before.

My NT scan is next Monday 7/14 (I think I mentioned this already) and I have an appointment with the genetic counselor on Tue 7/15. I'm not in any high-risk category at 33, but I just want to see what my options are in terms of testing.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1404924803|3709790 said:
Thanks for the sympathy, everyone! My ms has been way better these last 2 days so I'm very cautiously optimistic that things are on the up for me. I was even able to go to the gym yesterday - though my workout was much less strenuous that before.

My NT scan is next Monday 7/14 (I think I mentioned this already) and I have an appointment with the genetic counselor on Tue 7/15. I'm not in any high-risk category at 33, but I just want to see what my options are in terms of testing.

Great news! It gives me hope that my MS will starting getting better. It lasted for such a long time with B, though, so it's hard for me to think this will be any different.

Good luck at the NT scan. I loved the NT scan because it's the first time the baby will look like a baby!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

LTP, congratulations on your fantastic news! I do remember your story (& mine is similar to yours in many ways) & I'm just thrilled to hear about your little bean! It's funny how we make a decision to finally move on with our lives without kids & then, bam--a pregnancy! :dance:

Cheering you, and the rest of the lovely JBP ladies, on & looking forward to seeing you in the other thread soon! I hope the morning sickness will subside for everyone ASAP.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Re:

LTP, so thrilled for you!!!

My sympathies to the ladies who are having bad morning sickness. I have lucked out on this pregnancy. It hasn't been bad at all, especially if I eat every few hours. I am hungry pretty much constantly though and my boobs hurt like hell.

I'll be 10 weeks on Sunday and I have my first real appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping we'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat or something. I find it so odd that they haven't done anything to confirm the pregnancy yet. We have our first ultrasound (NT scan) scheduled on the 28th (12 weeks, 1 day) and I can't wait.

I'm going to tell work next week. It's a little earlier than I would have liked to but there's a work event where it will be very obvious if I'm not drinking.

I don't know if we'll do the push present thing. If we do, it'll be very simple. Maybe a stacking ring with the birthstone or something.

SMC/Neil/AMC, I am starting to get rounder in the midsection as well. No weight gain, but I'm noticing a bump. I'm tall with a long torso so I'm hoping that I won't show too much too early, but we'll see. I also can't believe the out of breath thing. I carried a case of wine (~42 lbs) up a flight of stairs the other day and I was huffing and puffing like I'd just climbed a mountain!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Lady pirate- OMG the boobs. I try to walk without bouncing much because they just hurt so much. Good luck at your appointment, I can't believe you had to wait so long!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladypirate said:

My sympathies to the ladies who are having bad morning sickness. I have lucked out on this pregnancy. It hasn't been bad at all, especially if I eat every few hours. I am hungry pretty much constantly though and my boobs hurt like hell.

I'll be 10 weeks on Sunday and I have my first real appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping we'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat or something. I find it so odd that they haven't done anything to confirm the pregnancy yet. We have our first ultrasound (NT scan) scheduled on the 28th (12 weeks, 1 day) and I can't wait.

I'm going to tell work next week. It's a little earlier than I would have liked to but there's a work event where it will be very obvious if I'm not drinking.

I don't know if we'll do the push present thing. If we do, it'll be very simple. Maybe a stacking ring with the birthstone or something.

SMC/Neil/AMC, I am starting to get rounder in the midsection as well. No weight gain, but I'm noticing a bump. I'm tall with a long torso so I'm hoping that I won't show too much too early, but we'll see. I also can't believe the out of breath thing. I carried a case of wine (~42 lbs) up a flight of stairs the other day and I was huffing and puffing like I'd just climbed a mountain!
Ugh my first real doc apt is a week and a half away! Its the last day of my first tri! Amazing to me!
I'm sure its because I just had a healthy baby just a few years ago and I'm still young (just turned 25) so I dunno. But its weird I want to be doing baby things!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Niel|1405021458|3710743 said:
ladypirate said:

Ugh my first real doc apt is a week and a half away! Its the last day of my first tri! Amazing to me!
I'm sure its because I just had a healthy baby just a few years ago and I'm still young (just turned 25) so I dunno. But its weird I want to be doing baby things!!!

Niel, I didn't realize you were such a young thing! :)

All of the docs around here have you come in somewhere in the 8-9 week range. I would go nuts if I had to wait until 12/13 weeks! I think it's weird that I'm not seeing my OB until then, but obviously I've been seeing my RE so it's a little different.

Baby is kicking my butt today! I've decided that we can't go anywhere after dinner...we took B to the park and I had to throw up in the public bathroom, and then again behind the building. And my "I'm totally fine all day" thing has come to an end- I had to run home after lunch to throw up. I'm pretty close to given in and taken zofran...but, on the other hand,I'm so close to the point where I should start feeling better (God willing!). I just remember the side effects from Zofran and how crappy I felt.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1405023159|3710775 said:
Niel, I didn't realize you were such a young thing! :)

All of the docs around here have you come in somewhere in the 8-9 week range. I would go nuts if I had to wait until 12/13 weeks! I think it's weird that I'm not seeing my OB until then, but obviously I've been seeing my RE so it's a little different.

Baby is kicking my butt today! I've decided that we can't go anywhere after dinner...we took B to the park and I had to throw up in the public bathroom, and then again behind the building. And my "I'm totally fine all day" thing has come to an end- I had to run home after lunch to throw up. I'm pretty close to given in and taken zofran...but, on the other hand,I'm so close to the point where I should start feeling better (God willing!). I just remember the side effects from Zofran and how crappy I felt.
Hang in there! I'm a week ahead of you and I felt HORRIBLE all of last week (and this past weekend) but I started feeling markedly better Monday. I still feel kind of bad at night (and sometimes really bad) but overall, night and day compared to last week. I'm hardly taking the unisom combo either. I know my pregnancy is not representative of how yours will be, but I really think you could be on the up and up.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Seriously, I had no idea you were so young either! I think it just depends on your office. My office sees everyone, regardless of age or baby #, between 8-10 weeks. If I had to wait until the end of my first tri, I'd die from suspense (is it twins???).

Are you going to get your NT scan done at your first appointment too? Or are you skipping that altogether? You can only get the NT scan between 11-13 weeks I believe.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1405028745|3710843 said:

Seriously, I had no idea you were so young either! I think it just depends on your office. My office sees everyone, regardless of age or baby #, between 8-10 weeks. If I had to wait until the end of my first tri, I'd die from suspense (is it twins???).

Are you going to get your NT scan done at your first appointment too? Or are you skipping that altogether? You can only get the NT scan between 11-13 weeks I believe.

No I'm not getting one done. I didn't do it for my first either.

I know the suspense. I've had dreams its twins and I feel huge. I know it's absolutely impossible but I'd like someone to tell me that.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1405031313|3710870 said:
SMC|1405028745|3710843 said:

No I'm not getting one done. I didn't do it for my first either.

I know the suspense. I've had dreams its twins and I feel huge. I know it's absolutely impossible but I'd like someone to tell me that.

Why is it impossible? You never know!

SMC- thank you, I sure hope you're right!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results