shape
carat
color
clarity

Men's Tiffany Lucida 4.5mm look to small on my finger?

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
I'm debating between the 4.5mm Lucida Platinum Band vs the 6mm. I took a picture with the 4.5mm band on today at the Tiffany Store and it feels great! I also tried on the 6mm band and it just felt heavy and clumbersome on my short chubby fingers. (I wish I would've snapped a pic with the 6mm Lucida on - My bad). Does the 4.5mm look ok on me? Thanks! (Please excuse the stress chewed nails)

photo__3__14.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to ask, and please don't take it the wrong way, Are you male or female? since this is your first post, I don't just assume one or the other. Because I like to buy wide bands at times mens band because I like the width and I'm a female. soooooo depends. My male boss wears a 4mm domed gold band, so looks normal to me... which is more comfortable to you? and what do you prefer? my Hubby wears an 8mm band, he likes it just fine.

I also find that back in my younger days I really liked wide bands,, but not so much now as the bending, and the finger weight fluctuation is so great for me that wide bands do feel a bit cumbersome to me too especially with bending and getting caught and noticing that its always there.

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
I'm a male, I guess I should've stated that in the post. Thanks, I used to wear a 6mm ring on my right hand ring finger a couple of years back and always found myself taking it off throughout the day as the width kinda bothered me, but most people here say that anything less than 5mm on a man looks too feminine.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
did you happen to notice if they were Both comfort fit? sometimes that makes a difference on the feel of the band

Honestly if this is your wedding band. I would wear what is comfortable. If my hubby came to me and told me he wanted a thinner wedding band because he was having comfort issues, I would have no problem with him getting whatever band he wanted even if it was 4mm. I always like to remind myself that comfort before aesthetic is always first in my book when it comes to jewelry, now marrying the two sometimes is challenging :cheeky:

Do if you feel its not "masculine" enough.. how about a hammered look or satin finish? or do you like high polish only? I

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
I believe they are both comfort fit, but not 100% sure. I forgot to ask the sales clerk as they were really busy today.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
are you only interested in platinum? have you consider palladium? it comes from the plat family but is much lighter weight, and who knows maybe you might like the 6mm more if it was lighter? and are you only interested in the Tiffany brand?

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
I do prefer Platinum vs Palladium because I do like a little heft to the ring, I've tried on many different rings at various jewelry shops and found that the Lucinda is definitely the style and shape that I prefer. I know when purchasing from Tiffany you are paying a premium but I really don't wanna deal with purchasing online as I don't really wanna deal with the hassle of exchanging if the size isn't true. I've learned that from trying on a size 10 ring from different brands it does vary quite a bit.

My main concern is if the ring looks too feminine on my size 10 finger and if I go wider if there will be discomfort throughout the day.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I think this looks really nice on your hand.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
If it feels and looks good, why not treat yourself? You deserve it and it's a sure thing!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, 5mm sounds good to me.

Indican

Shiny_Rock
I don't think it looks too feminine at all. My husband has it and loves it. Get it! :appl:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like it on you, a lot!
:)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I took a picture with the 4.5mm band on today at the Tiffany Store and it feels great. I also tried on the 6mm band and it just felt heavy and clumbersome on my short chubby fingers.

This is what is most important. i know you are asking for opinions, but i am slowly starting to understand with the "look" of bling, the opinion that matters most is my own. rings are meant to be comfortable to wear. you need to have the right ring size/ width/ pattern/ bling etc. Glad that you went into the store to try things out to see what works for you.

If you wanted to go back to the store to take more pics of the other sizes and widths for more opinions here, do so. I am sure we are happy to help! :cheeky: :cheeky:

another way of looking at it : would it bother you if someone else or lots of other ppl stated that it looked feminine on your hand? if so, then consider changing the width of the ring. if not... go for it. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks good on you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the width looks fine and definitely think you should wear what is comfortable. However, is that band you have on the correct size because it looks a little tight to me. Have you tried the next size up?

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks nice on you. If it is comfortable that is what I would pick. You want something you can wear all the time.

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone,

Appreciate all the feedback! I might try out a 5mm Platinum ring soon just to make sure. I kinda have my heart set on the Lucida band though and that ring only comes in a 4.5mm or a 6mm, and I already know that I don't like the 6mm. I think the ring may look a little snug on my finger, but it's really not tight at all. I think if I went any bigger the ring would be too lose (Last thing I want to happen if for my precious to slip off my finger and lose it). I also think chubby fingers create the illusion of a ring being tight...when it's actually just the fat of the finger. :lol:

Here's a pic of a 6mm Titanium ring just for reference. See how it makes my short fingers look even shorter... :-o

6mm_ti_21.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 4.5mm over the 6.0mm on your finger.
It just looks more balanced to me.

As a fellow Tiffany owner, I can say, yes you pay a premium,
but you can also say that it is a Tiffany.

Also, you might check to see if the 5-year trade-up policy applies (if you are even interested).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the 4.5 mm..I think it looks the best

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I like the 4.5 better! My husband has two wedding bands, one that is 4.5 and a 5. Both look nice.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
My frank perspective (male): I strongly prefer the 6mm for you. The 4.5 mm one looks too dainty and feminine on your fingers. You will quickly get used to, and love, the heft of the 6mm.

Anything heavier feels weird at first, but it becomes a familiar feel of quality when you put it on, and you feel naked w/o it. Anyone with a really expensive watch (many here own the dense but gorgeous Cartier Tank) knows this feeling.

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
I think I may try 5mm just to make sure. Definitely ruling out 6mm though as I just think it makes my fingers look too short. :wall:

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
I also prefer the 6mm on you. Much more masculine in my opinion.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me he 4.5 looks perfect.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 4.5 as well but it looks like it might be a little snug. If it were sized correctly, I think it would look more substantial than you think. Could they go up a half size for you?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I posted earlier. The first pic is my husband's 4.5mm low dome rose gold band and the second is his 5mm yellow gold band with milgrain. His finger size is either 7.5 or 7.75. His fingers are also short.

_20064.jpg

_20065.jpg

bankmind80

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the ring shots L.S. That really helps. Maybe a size 10 is a little too tight. I might ask them to size it to 10 1/8

Indican

Shiny_Rock
Bankmind80, I commented earlier about my husband having the 4.5mm. I'll get a photo for you of him wearing it tomorrow. He wears a size 8.25. I am also curious as to how a slightly bigger size would look on you, but keeping in mind that it might get looser in the winter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results