shape
carat
color
clarity

What's everyone lemming for?

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I thought it would be fun to do a new thread on what we're all eyeing on for a future purchase. What's on everyone's wishlist? Post pics!

Right now, I'm waiting on some baubles from Kojima Pearls....but it's still not enough! I'm also lemming this pearl collective necklace ---

spike_pearl_collective_necklace.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The next pearl purchase should be a drop/baroque shape white SSP from Agustus Collection, no stats or pics yet, however, it should be around 17mm in length.

It will be one of the interchangeable drops to hang from a bale with interchangeable gemstones (a Rubellite Tourmaline and a white Topaz) approximately 9mm in size.

Two pearl drops have already been purchased, a 17.2mm Tahitian, and a 18.21mm Sea of Cortez mabe; and Jeff White is cutting the stones for me.

Hopefully the project will complete in time as a 50th birthday present for myself next February.

Sven's pics of the Tahitian and SoC mabe:
17_3.jpg 18_2.jpg

DK :))

mapo

Shiny_Rock
DK, that sounds like it will be a gorgeous huge statement making pendant! I look forward to seeing it when it's complete!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DK that sounds like a really interesting idea . So how does the interchangeable gemstone thing work? Will it slide into the bail? Can't wait to see this when it's done..I love things that can be changed up ! Very clever. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katbran,

As posted in another board, here is the conceptual drawing of the pendant:

interchangeablepearlpendantdrawing.jpg

The gemstone will be bezel-set with a screw fitting. Imagine a clip on earring with a pearl, where the pearl is attached to the earring with a threaded post going into the earring. Hope this makes sense.

Inspiration of the interchangeable gemstone part came from a ring, not sure if I should post the pic as it has a watermark of the website on it.

DK :))

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Four pairs of earrings on Tahitianpearls.biz! Light gray round drops, Tahitian pearl drops with a gold filigree setting, drop-shaped white South Sea pearl dangles, and a pair of pink and white freshwater/akoya combo earrings. I added it up last night and the total would be $801, which I can't afford right now.

I also want a 9-9.5mm strand of freshadamas, a pair of 8-8.5mm freshadamas, and a strand of baroque blue akoyas from Pearl Paradise. And perhaps a single blue pearl pendant.

I'd also like a double strand of small black freshwater pearls.

So not very much, then.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I want a 9.5mm metallic Freshadama strand of white pearls either 18" or 16" (can't quite make up my mind) with a frost link gold class from PP with a round cherry tahitian pearl for the end of the clasp. I want some versatility with the strand and I really want to be able to have the option to spear it high on my neck like Grace Kelly. I can't find exact specs on her strand; but, I have seen some people speculate it was possibly a 12mm SS strand. It just does not look that large to me and round SS strands are not even close to my price range right now. This would be a really big purchase for me. How do you all save for the big stuff when so many tempting sales are swirling about??? I need more willpower.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have a few things on my wishlist/hope to buy soon list.

Souffle Metallic tin cup necklace
souffletincup.jpg

The Kamoka Harvest Strand :love:
kamokaharvest_0.jpg

I love this pendant. It kinda reminds be of a acorn, which is what drew me to it (from TPO)
pendant_5.jpg

And Good golly I LOVE what James Meyer does with pearls. These are my 2 FAVORITES!! :love: :love: :love: :love:
jamesmeyerpendant_0.jpg
jamesmeyerearings.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl, that strand is amazing! :lickout:

dk, that's such a cool project -- I look forward to seeing pics when it's done.

Missy, you are killing me with that blue Madama strand. :love: :-o

Kay

Ideal_Rock
After visiting PP, I really want to do something with metallic white FW pearls and also circled baroque Tahitians. I have 2 projects I hope to do this year or next, and then a long term "wish list."

1. A 9-station tin cup necklace with metallic white FW pearls and aquamarines in bezels in white gold for our 9th wedding anniversary this fall. Something similar to this one, but probably with 5 pearls and 4 aquas.

Of course, I need matching earrings -- I like this style, but with metallic white FW pearls and aquamarines.

2. A long (40-45") sautoir necklace with large silver links and drop and circled baroque Tahitians. I hope to swing this for my birthday or Christmas this year or next.

My "someday" dream list:

3. A Sea of Cortez pearl pendant or 3-pearl necklace in blue and/or purple/lavender. The colors and metallic luster are so amazing that I have to have at least one of these pearls in my collection.

4. A Kamoka pearl pendant, preferably a cherry Tahitian, since NacreLover's collection has me drooling for cherries. The Kamoka pearls look beautiful and I like their commitment to sustainable farming.

5. Madama grade blue akoya strand or a tin cup with diamonds, maybe styled like this.

akoya__amp__aqua_tin_cup__amer_pearl_0.jpg

blue_topaz_and_tahitian_dangles__pure_pearls_.jpg

tahitians_on_silver_chain_8-10mm_baroque_0.jpg

tahitian_and_diamond_0.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1404710943|3708017 said:
4Ranch Girl, that strand is amazing! :lickout:

dk, that's such a cool project -- I look forward to seeing pics when it's done.

Missy, you are killing me with that blue Madama strand. :love: :-o

Me too! I would so love having this necklace but that dream has been dashed to little teensy itty bitty bits. :(( No way no how given recent events and basically me not earning any money maybe ever again. OK, sorry for the woe is me dramatics and got a little out of control there for a moment. But if a PSer could purchase this gorgeous gorgeous necklace well at least I could gaze upon it here on someone else's lovely neck. :love: I'm thinking someone here needs to get this baby for themselves and soon! (pretty please...) :cheeky:

Kay said:
After visiting PP, I really want to do something with metallic white FW pearls and also circled baroque Tahitians. I have 2 projects I hope to do this year or next, and then a long term "wish list."

1. A 9-station tin cup necklace with metallic white FW pearls and aquamarines in bezels in white gold for our 9th wedding anniversary this fall. Something similar to this one, but probably with 5 pearls and 4 aquas.

Of course, I need matching earrings -- I like this style, but with metallic white FW pearls and aquamarines.

2. A long (40-45") sautoir necklace with large silver links and drop and circled baroque Tahitians. I hope to swing this for my birthday or Christmas this year or next.

My "someday" dream list:

3. A Sea of Cortez pearl pendant or 3-pearl necklace in blue and/or purple/lavender. The colors and metallic luster are so amazing that I have to have at least one of these pearls in my collection.

4. A Kamoka pearl pendant, preferably a cherry Tahitian, since NacreLover's collection has me drooling for cherries. The Kamoka pearls look beautiful and I like their commitment to sustainable farming.

5. Madama grade blue akoya strand or a tin cup with diamonds, maybe styled like this.

I love your whole list. Looking forward to seeing what you get next!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing everyone's pearls and ideas! I can't wait to see one of those Holy Grail ripple strands from Hong Kong and some of the other special pearls they discovered. I don't have a specific wish list right now but in general I'd like to add ripples and metallics to my collection!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Something like this... :think: :drool:

_20029.jpg

_20030.jpg

_20031.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
are those ripples? I love the saturated goldish colors!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
...ripples indeed.. :drool:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results