shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I was on vacation and somehow missed this thread.

Wow Missy, you're just falling appart right now. Sounds horrible. Will be sending you good surgery thoughts on Monday!

At this point I think you're up there with the strongest people I know. It might not feel like it, but I have so much respect for you and your ability to deal with everything life has thrown at you this year.

As for the laptop, I was in the hospital in October and had to sign a waiver saying that the hospital isn't responsible for stollen belongings. I had DH bring it with him and take it home every day. It was annoying, but no theft.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you, Missy, and sending you vibes for the best tomorrow. You'll do great! It will be a relief to get started on recovering -- and to have the worst of the pain & helplessness in the past. Dust galore!

--- Laurie

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a rough year you've had, Missy. I hope you're doing as well as can this morning be under the circumstances.

Good luck with surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you and sending tons of dust as you start your road to recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1404649478|3707660 said:
I was on vacation and somehow missed this thread.

Wow Missy, you're just falling appart right now. Sounds horrible. Will be sending you good surgery thoughts on Monday!

At this point I think you're up there with the strongest people I know. It might not feel like it, but I have so much respect for you and your ability to deal with everything life has thrown at you this year.

As for the laptop, I was in the hospital in October and had to sign a waiver saying that the hospital isn't responsible for stollen belongings. I had DH bring it with him and take it home every day. It was annoying, but no theft.

Thanks Chemgirl. Appreciate that info. Now I am concerned about just being able to get wifi in my room because I remember the hospital has spotty service depending where you are. More importantly if I cannot get internet my dh won't be able to keep me company much of the day because he is planning on working from my hospital room. So if no wifi no dh. :((

And well thanks for that compliment about being strong but believe me I have my moments of breaking down and the overwhelming feeling that I am not sure I can get through this. Plus compared to what so many other people are dealing with I am almost embarrassed to keep going on and on with my thread. Notice I say almost because I do find the support you guys are so generously and kindly giving me to be amazing and helping me get through this.

I hope you had a wonderful vacation!

JewelFreak said:
Thinking of you, Missy, and sending you vibes for the best tomorrow. You'll do great! It will be a relief to get started on recovering -- and to have the worst of the pain & helplessness in the past. Dust galore!

--- Laurie

Thank you dear Laurie!

mary poppins|1404650951|3707671 said:
What a rough year you've had, Missy. I hope you're doing as well as can this morning be under the circumstances.

Good luck with surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you and sending tons of dust as you start your road to recovery.

Thank you mary poppins. I am maintaining my calm right now. Thank you so much for your good wishes and good luck dust.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was told by someone who had surgery that someone told her, "every day will be a little bit better", and that that got her through because it was true. I hope the thought will help you, missy. If I had a magic wand, believe me I would have waved it as soon as I knew about your accident! All I can do now is pray and send good thoughts...which I am doing.

I send my love.
Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1404651313|3707675 said:
I was told by someone who had surgery that someone told her, "every day will be a little bit better", and that that got her through because it was true. I hope the thought will help you, missy. If I had a magic wand, believe me I would have waved it as soon as I knew about your accident! All I can do now is pray and send good thoughts...which I am doing.

I send my love.
Deb

Oh, thank you Deb for that very lovely sentiment. I appreciate that and yes it does help. One day at a time and each day will be better than the previous in term of pain and healing.

Thank you for all your help and your prayers and good thoughts. Love to you too. (((Hugs))).

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
MIssy, I'm sending you lots of PS dust, and strengthening/healing thoughts for your surgery tomorrow. I agree with chemgirl upthread: you are a very strong person. Your health issues this year may have chipped away at your fortitude, but that core of strength is still there, and a few tears and the occasional breakdown doesn't mean you aren't strong, it just means you're human. I hope you are able to carry the love and support from your family and friends (IRL as well as online) with you as you head to the hospital tomorrow, and feel that love surrounding you and holding you up during your recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1404651634|3707677 said:
MIssy, I'm sending you lots of PS dust, and strengthening/healing thoughts for your surgery tomorrow. I agree with chemgirl upthread: you are a very strong person. Your health issues this year may have chipped away at your fortitude, but that core of strength is still there, and a few tears and the occasional breakdown doesn't mean you aren't strong, it just means you're human. I hope you are able to carry the love and support from your family and friends (IRL as well as online) with you as you head to the hospital tomorrow, and feel that love surrounding you and holding you up during your recovery.

Aww Aoife, that is so lovely for you to say and thank you. I will be thinking of everyone who cares about me as I continue through this journey and I hope I can come out of this ordeal a stronger and better person for having gone through it. Thank you so much for your good thoughts and healing dust.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1404563199|3707213 said:
Forgot to add a recommendation for a Netflix series that my dh and I are very much enjoying. All of you are so generous with your helpful recommendations that I wanted to be able to in a small way give back. A good friend recommended Last Tango in Halifax and we started watching it last night. An excellent BBC series. Enjoyable and smart.

I am looking forward to enjoying PSers viewing and reading recs soon and thank you again for those. :wavey:

We just found this one the other night, too. My husband's still on the fence about it, but I really like it. I think this show lasted 2 seasons, if I'm not mistaken. We're at the very beginning of the first season. The woman who plays the daughter of the older man (Nicola something, in real life) was in another BBC show that we loved called MI:5.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missey:

Sorry I have not gotten back sooner. I have not had time to read all the replies since I posted last - my life has been very busy working on projects with Princess Zhanna.

I trust you are doing well; and have found nice things to wear (always important to keep your image up as best as can be done in the situation - as it helps keep your mind up too).

Someday when I have lots of time I will go back and read all the I have missed.

Right now - breakfast is done cooking and I have to serve breakfast in bed today....

Enjoy your day!

Life is an adventure - and its up to us to make it a fun one,

Perry

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1404652680|3707682 said:
missy|1404563199|3707213 said:
Forgot to add a recommendation for a Netflix series that my dh and I are very much enjoying. All of you are so generous with your helpful recommendations that I wanted to be able to in a small way give back. A good friend recommended Last Tango in Halifax and we started watching it last night. An excellent BBC series. Enjoyable and smart.

I am looking forward to enjoying PSers viewing and reading recs soon and thank you again for those. :wavey:

We just found this one the other night, too. My husband's still on the fence about it, but I really like it. I think this show lasted 2 seasons, if I'm not mistaken. We're at the very beginning of the first season. The woman who plays the daughter of the older man (Nicola something, in real life) was in another BBC show that we loved called MI:5.

We are up to episode 5 season 1 and we are enjoying it very much. I find it smart and heartwarming and like the main characters a lot. Just goes to show love can happen at any age or time and we are never too old to fall in love!

perry said:
Missey:

Sorry I have not gotten back sooner. I have not had time to read all the replies since I posted last - my life has been very busy working on projects with Princess Zhanna.

I trust you are doing well; and have found nice things to wear (always important to keep your image up as best as can be done in the situation - as it helps keep your mind up too).

Someday when I have lots of time I will go back and read all the I have missed.

Right now - breakfast is done cooking and I have to serve breakfast in bed today....

Enjoy your day!

Life is an adventure - and its up to us to make it a fun one,

Perry

Thanks for checking in Perry.
Ooh, breakfast in bed. Lucky Princess Zhanna. :halo:
Enjoy. :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling calm today. I hope your pain was a little better last night. You didn't mention anything regarding pain in your posts this morning so I'm hoping that means it has been manageable. I'm sending lots of prayers and dust your way for tomorrow's surgery! I'm sure your doctor and nurses will take very good care of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1404666244|3707740 said:
Hi Missy, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling calm today. I hope your pain was a little better last night. You didn't mention anything regarding pain in your posts this morning so I'm hoping that means it has been manageable. I'm sending lots of prayers and dust your way for tomorrow's surgery! I'm sure your doctor and nurses will take very good care of you.

Thanks Callie. I didn't mention pain because I feel like I am becoming a pain here lol. Only continue reading if this won't upset you because I don't want to become a huge drain on everyone here and I don't want to take advantage of everyone's good will.

If I do not move my leg I am not in much pain. However, unfortunately, whenever I need to move (i.e. go to the bathroom) and use my crutches my leg starts throbbing and it feels as if it is in a vice. Like something very unforgiving is squeezing the he** out of my ankle. Very intolerable so much so that I cannot control a little bit of crying out in pain for the whole time my leg is not elevated. I think it's from the blood rushing down to my leg when I get up and use the crutches but I just don't understand why it is so intense. It feels like my leg is being cut in half at the ankle-that's the best way I can describe the pain.

Having said that though when I am at rest my leg is in not much pain fortunately and yesterday that was not the case as I was in more pain at rest than today so that's good. I just cannot figure out why the pain intensified over the last couple of days when mobile. I just keep thinking please please please let the surgeon be able to really help me and allow me to regain my mobility as best as possible even if I have a long recovery. I just so badly want the end result to be a good one. I am not ready to throw in the towel just yet don't worry.

We (my dh actually) are packing snacks right now and things I might want during my hospital stay. My dh bought me my favorite decadent snack-cashews yumm so taking a stash of those as well as walnuts and almonds and my herbal teas and Sobe apple pear drink that I enjoy.

And I have my chargers and electronics and knapsack with supplements ready to go tomorrow AM. I am packing a nightgown though they told me not to bother and well almost there now. Just 22 more hours to go till surgery.

Thank you so much Callie for your continued helpful support and warm wishes!

sweetworriedpugface.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Tons of dust that your surgery goes well!!!

And quit worrying about upsetting people here. Everyone loves you and understands.

And well. If they don't, nobody is forcing them to read it. So don't worry.
:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1404669409|3707757 said:

And quit worrying about upsetting people here. Everyone loves you and understands.

Haha that's very true. ;)) Thank you Kelinas and (((hugs))) to you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you and good luck with your surgery.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1404669409|3707757 said:

+1

My thoughts are with you Missy.
Looking forward to that first post from you after surgery <3

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good luck with the surgery Missy! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and as quick as possible recovery! Hang in there!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes for a successful surgery missy!! Will be sending positive thoughts that everything goes smoothly, hang in there!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Marcy. Hugs to you too. Hope all is well with you!

Thanks Jimmianne! If I have internet at the hospital you guys will hear from me. ;))

Thank you Yenny! I am hanging in there for sure and my dh is taking good care of me. He's been cooking wild salmon and sardines all week to get me fattened up and ready for surgery! :bigsmile:

Thank you so much Junebug! I appreciate all your support and good wishes.(((Hugs))).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Please don't feel bad talking about how you are feeling. You have been incredibly strong and brave throughout this whole ordeal. You have even managed to keep your sense of humor. That is quite an accomplishment my dear. I will be thinking of you often tomorrow and will be sending lots of dust and good wishes!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've made it to surgery! A few days back seemed like it would never get here. I know you're nervous and anxious as we all would be but keep your eye on the goal and you'll get through this. If there is pain then, it's healing pain.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well Missy. We will all be eager to hear from you when you're able. Till then, we'll trust that all is going well and that the surgeon's skill enabled him to give you a wonderful end result. I just feel that you're in good hands and that this will have a great outcome for you in the end.

Hugs and healing dust to you!!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Hi Missy

I am new to the thread-but I just want to wish you good luck tomorrow. You are such a sweet person-I can tell from your many thoughtful posts. You are always so positive, cheerful, and kind. I am sorry that you are going through this and I hope you have a speedy recovery-I will be sending you tons of PS dust tomorrow :) take care!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One final wish of a good nights sleep and prayers for you tomorrow, Missy. My #3 son had an injury similar to yours at 16. He was riding a mini bike and was hit by a car. He had a broken ankle on one leg and a broken tib/fib on the other. He had a handful of screws in the ankle and a plate and screws on the tib/fib. He had surgery at Loma Linda hospital and he is completely mobil now. A year after the first surgery he went back in and had all the hardware removed. At the time he was thinking of going in the military, so that was why we removed it. He was in a cast to his hips and in bed for three months and then had to learn to walk all over again. If he can do it, so can you. I have no doubt you will get through this and be fine. I can hear the want to in your writing. You have the will and that is a huge part of the battle. The determination to keep going with it even when it's hard.

My thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Big hugs and best of luck tomorrow!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you're going to do great! You can come here to say what you need to right in the moment ;)) we understand.

GO GET 'EM!!!

(Or make 'em come to you, either way :twirl: )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1404682627|3707823 said:
Thank you Marcy. Hugs to you too. Hope all is well with you!

Thanks! I am doing okay. PS Dust coming your way tomorrow. Keep us posted. :wavey:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes on your surgery tomorrow! I think that when it's over your pain will be kept under control during your hospital stay.
I really think they will manage it much better there for you, just don't be afraid to be your own advocate. If you need help, tell your nurse. Please let us know how things are going when you feel up to it.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Dust, prayers, and love!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1404686951|3707864 said:
Hi Missy, Please don't feel bad talking about how you are feeling. You have been incredibly strong and brave throughout this whole ordeal. You have even managed to keep your sense of humor. That is quite an accomplishment my dear. I will be thinking of you often tomorrow and will be sending lots of dust and good wishes!

Thank you Callie. You are such a lovely and warm person. I am so glad you found PS and I got to meet you and I am looking forward to getting to know you better under happier circumstances soon. Thank you for your support.

MissGotRocks said:
You've made it to surgery! A few days back seemed like it would never get here. I know you're nervous and anxious as we all would be but keep your eye on the goal and you'll get through this. If there is pain then, it's healing pain.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well Missy. We will all be eager to hear from you when you're able. Till then, we'll trust that all is going well and that the surgeon's skill enabled him to give you a wonderful end result. I just feel that you're in good hands and that this will have a great outcome for you in the end.

Hugs and healing dust to you!!!

Thank you MissGotRocks. You are so right. And I am looking forward to putting this behind me and moving forward. The pain has been bad recently and though I expect it will be bad after the surgery for a while at least then I know it is healing pain. (((Hugs))) to you too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results