shape
carat
color
clarity

HK Jewelry & Gem Fair - September

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, just wondering if anyone is planning to go to the trade show in Hong Kong in September?

I went last year on an invite from a friend of mine who owns a jewelry company, but I see on the registration form that "private collector/buyers" are also included in the registrant category.

I've heard that this is a trade-only show, but is it possible for individual buyers to go without an invitation if "private collectors" are allowed? (I can also get an invite again from my friend, but would rather avoid the hassle of her mailing me the invite from Thailand if possible.)

Secondly, is it better to register online in advance, or to register on the day at the exhibition centre?

I'm based in Hong Kong. Thanks! :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The likes of Jeremy and Hisano from Pearl Paradise, and Kevin from Pearl of Joy, will be attending this show.

Allegedly, one will be able to register if one has business card that show him/her as being involved in the jewellery trade, and the advice I was given is to arrange for some business cards printed.

How true that is I do not know, as I do not know if the organisers perform any checks or not.

I toyed about the idea of attending the September show in the past to coincide with my visits to HK, as it is supposed to be the biggest in the HK's jewellery show/fair calendar in terms of exhibitors. However, September is way too hot for my liking, and have decided to stick with end of November visits instead.

There is another fair/show at the end of November that opens to the public. I went last year when I visited HK last year, just turned up and queue to register (be prepared to queue for a long time, depending on the day etc...), and had a great time. I could easily spend a lot more money at that show!

It may not be as big as the September show, however, there was still plenty to see and to buy.

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a good suggestion. I really need to mark the November show on my calendar! Thanks :appl:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I am going. They are reasonably strict about who they let attend - you need to show not only a business cards but demonstrate you are trade. In order to register last year I needed to show business registration, copies of invoices from suppliers etc. it's not as hard as registering for JCK but it's not easy. It's really trade oriented. I don't know what you would have to do to prove you are a collector but if you can get an invitation through your friend I would just do that .

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1404453102|3706542 said:
That's a good suggestion. I really need to mark the November show on my calendar! Thanks :appl:

See you there in Nov 2015!

Perhaps a mini GTG could be organised

DK ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1404453102|3706542 said:

See you there in Nov 2015!

Perhaps a mini GTG could be organised

DK ;-)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I went for work in March and some of my suppliers told me that they allow the public to attend on the last day of the show so suppliers who wish to do so can sell some of their show stock to the public. It's not something I looked into but I remember being surprised as it seemed risky security wise.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results