shape
carat
color
clarity

upload pics

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello---its been a few years since I posted on PS. I'm looking for the instructions on how to upload pics. Since I lurked here and learned from you all I bought a 1.24 pear shaped diamond, had it custom set by a local jeweler who used to work for Harry Winston. If someone could tell me where those uploading instructions are I'd appreciate that.

Thanks!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello and welcome back, A! Hit "reply" and scroll down a bit. You'll see a big blue box with tabs that say "options" and "upload attachment." Click on "upload attachment." That should bring up your computer's pictures from which you can choose what picture you want to post. You can post up to 4 pics per post. From there, you can caption your photos in the box provided. You can even use the "preview" button located at the bottom of the text box to further clarify or define your photos. Then hit "submit"! Hope this helps! :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, PS's pic uploading process is not intuitive at all.

First look below the big text box where you type in your post and click on the blue tab for upload attachment.

Then click on the white box "Choose File".

That will bring up a new window in which you must navigate and single click on the name for your picture.
Then, click on "Choose" in the lower right corner of that screen.

That makes the pop up screen disappear, and brings you back to the previous screen.
Next, click on the blue box for 'add the file'.

upload_1.png

upload_2.png

upload_3.png

upload_4.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put the cursor where you want to pic to appear in your post and click on the blue box for "place inline".

Finally, click on the blue box for "submit".

upload_5.png

upload_6.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Azstonie, since you already have the instructions from Monnie and Kenny I am just posting to say I cannot wait to see your pear beauty! I am a big fan of pears and am looking forward to seeing your treasure! :love: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Monarch64 and Kenny:

Thank you for the step-by-steppers and pics to run me through this! I will be uploading pics in the next couple of days in the appropriate categories (probably Show Me the Bling for diamond jewelry) and I may drop by Colored Stones since I have a really big backlog of colored stone jewelry they haven't seen.

Missy, I love pears too! This one kind of fell in my lap, one of our neighbors (go figure) is a diamond broker and he was getting his kid set up in the biz so I bought this stone from the kid. I knew more about diamonds than the son did (PS does an excellent job) but I've probably spent more time thinking about/reading about/viewing/wishing for/discussing diamonds than he has thus far. The second good thing about the son (first being discounted price) was that he had a connection to an amazing jeweler, an 'independent,' who used to head up Alfred Molina's shop here in Phoenix and also headed up one of Harry Winston's foreign workshops at one time. It was good working with a jeweler who had 0 opinions about what I wanted :bigsmile: he just gave me what I asked for in 3 days. I

I will post pics of the ring and give the stats from the GIA cert shortly.

Thank you again Monarch64 and Kenny for guiding me through the pic upload process, I promise to reciprocate your kindness by posting lots of pics of jewels for comment and fun.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Azstonie, I can't wait to see your pear photos. My husband surprised me with one before I really got into Pricescope. I love the fact that you don't see them often and they just seem so elegant to me. Please post lots of pictures.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Calliecake, will do, am charging DH's camera =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results