color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Going through my Neimans bag from my recent shopping excursion I noticed the ladies at the perfume counter snuck in some pretty epic samples.

I got a like 5 sample scents from Maison Francis Kurkdjian, which blew my mind away, that was really sweet of them. Happily one of them was APOM, which is the one I almost bought. So I am wearing that today!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
waiting very impatiently for my perfume testers to get here. :naughty:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Since Zara has a semi annual sale going on now **yay**, I stopped by to purchase some post preg wear..

And picked up a bottle of perfume! Fruity by Zara (lol).

It smells really nice.. has a hint of grapefruit

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So... has anyone heard of and/or tried this?

Costamor Tabacca - Aromatic spices, apple peel, jasmine, rose tea, raw tobacco leaves, dried tobacco leaves, rare woods, amber

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1404252945|3704770 said:
So... has anyone heard of and/or tried this?

Costamor Tabacca - Aromatic spices, apple peel, jasmine, rose tea, raw tobacco leaves, dried tobacco leaves, rare woods, amber

No, sounds lovely though and perfect for Autumn. I will try to find out more.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It is available on luckyscent, but not on theperfumedcourt right now. I've not actually ordered from Luckyscent before, but I might do this and a couple others to give it a whirl. It DOES sound perfect for autumn.

NYC - That perfume sounds nice! I wish grapefruit wore well on me. I think stronger notes of it just don't mix with the air and my skin here. Our summers are so humid and disgusting.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Well I am about 10 minutes into my first test wear of Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint. It is very subtle, and light. Right now I mostly smell the jasmine, but with just enough green notes that it is not too sweet for me. I don't like a scent that is overly sweet here in the summer, so that works well. I don't catch the rose and orange blossom just now. If it continues to be like this it will have to go on the to buy list. I'll keep you all posted :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1404411558|3706146 said:
Well I am about 10 minutes into my first test wear of Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint. It is very subtle, and light. Right now I mostly smell the jasmine, but with just enough green notes that it is not too sweet for me. I don't like a scent that is overly sweet here in the summer, so that works well. I don't catch the rose and orange blossom just now. If it continues to be like this it will have to go on the to buy list. I'll keep you all posted :)

I LOVE Jo Malone fragrances!!! :love: :love: :love:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, Jo Malone doesn't last too too long in this one for me. Still worthy of some consideration given how pleasant it is. I went ahead and applied the Dior scent that is meant to be like the leather bag. It has quite a bit of leather and also some smoky tones in the beginning with just a hint the white flowers it is said to incorporate. Similar to Tabac Blonde, but with more leather to it in the top notes to me, and not quite as dry.I only slightly smell the jasmine and iris so far. Yummy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1404092082|3703506 said:
Going through my Neimans bag from my recent shopping excursion I noticed the ladies at the perfume counter snuck in some pretty epic samples.

I got a like 5 sample scents from Maison Francis Kurkdjian, which blew my mind away, that was really sweet of them. Happily one of them was APOM, which is the one I almost bought. So I am wearing that today!

Next time I am in a store that carries MFK, I need to test some more of his out, glad you are enjoying his fragrances!

I have a sample of Tobacco Rose by Papillon on the way, the reviews are good, so looking forward to its arrival.

http://papillonperfumery.co.uk/

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I really enjoyed the Dior last night. It settled into subtle white flowers with the leather. It wasn't too sharp, and it lasted through the entire night.

Today I'm on Creed Royal Water. It started with a cool lime, and has settled into a quiet citrus on me. It's not overwhelming, which was a fear of mine.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1404456384|3706568 said:

Next time I am in a store that carries MFK, I need to test some more of his out, glad you are enjoying his fragrances!

I have a sample of Tobacco Rose by Papillon on the way, the reviews are good, so looking forward to its arrival.

The Tobacco Rose arrived, very nice, quite cigar like in the background with a strong red rosy note being dominant. I can't decide whether it's full bottle worthy as I find it very similar to Frederic Malle A Portrait of a Lady, but it's good stuff.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1404486360|3706730 said:
I really enjoyed the Dior last night. It settled into subtle white flowers with the leather. It wasn't too sharp, and it lasted through the entire night.

Today I'm on Creed Royal Water. It started with a cool lime, and has settled into a quiet citrus on me. It's not overwhelming, which was a fear of mine.

Hi Dragonfly, Can you please let me know if the Creed Royal Water fragrance lasted on your skin. I'm kind of stuck on Creed at the moment for the simple reason that their fragrances do not give me a migraine. I purchased Spring Flowers about a month ago and the scent did not last more than an hour. So I'm pretty much back to drawing board again to look for a signature scent. I'm really interested to hear what you thought of Royal Water. I like scents that are soft, light and clean.

Lorelei and Canek-Gal, Do you have any suggestions for a light, soft and clean smelling fragrance that will last longer than an hour. I've been stuck on Creed because I don't get migraines from their fragrances. Unfortunately I get them from many fragrances. I prefer not to spend $275 a bottle, which was the cost of the last bottle of Creed I purchased. At that price I feel it should last at least 4 hours. Any suggestions you have would be really appreciated.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi Callie! I actually was testing this out myself today. I really like it's opening. I applied a bit more of a liberal sample on my skin today to ensure lasting power for as long as possible. I am at 2:46 eastern time, having applied it at 7:30 this morning. It is very subtly there, but not enough that others would be able to smell it. I have to put my wrist to my nose and take a good whiff to smell it. This is going to be a deciding factor for me. Tomorrow I'm going to try the Jo Malone scent again to see how it does. I already know the Dior scent lasts, but it will have to be on a wishlist, as I need something more useful for summer right now.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DragonFly for your post. I literally can't smell the fragrance at all after 2 hours. And that's with me really trying to get a stron whiff on my wrist. I need to find another fragrance.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Callie - Some of the ones that I like that last are :

Caron - Tabac blond
Caron - Aimez Moi
Estee Lauder tuberose Gardenia
Thierry Mugler Alien
Versace Signature (my favorite on me, and it lasts all day and night)
There was one also another Gardenia scent that Lorelei might help me remember the name on? It was like... blue something? It smells so wonderful and literally makes the day feel 3 degrees cooler. I can't remember the name of it though!
Also Annick Goutal scents last quite a while on me. Usually into the evening.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Dragonfly. I'm going to Nordstrom's this week and will try them. :angel:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could try Chanel Cristalle EDP Callie, I find that one to be quite tenacious. Kelly Caleche EDT is another, also some of the Hermessence series from Hermes are good, Eau de Merveilles from Hermes is light and aquatic, I get a ton of compliments on that one. Antonia by Puredistance is absolutely beautiful from the niche fragrances, very green, but it is very expensive.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
In the heat today I'm wearing Sel Marin by Heeley.

Think beach, but a deserted one. Not a sun tan lotion smothered beach bunny in sight. Warm sand, seaweed, a note of citrus from the lemonade you are sipping. There are no coconut trees. This is a beach only the locals know about. This is how all aquatics should smell like.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1405254327|3712446 said:

Think beach, but a deserted one. Not a sun tan lotion smothered beach bunny in sight. Warm sand, seaweed, a note of citrus from the lemonade you are sipping. There are no coconut trees. This is a beach only the locals know about. This is how all aquatics should smell like.

Eeeeee....I have a sample of that one somewhere, must go rummage... :dance:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

That sounds wonderful, just what I am in the mood for. I used my DSH July coupon to try her La Plage Sea Spray body wash hoping it would make me feel cooler, but I haven't received that yet.

Today I'm wearing the heartbreakingly gorgeous Mona di Orio Violette Fumee, which is not like any violet scent I have ever smelled--most of which set off a migraine. On this one I went from a sample to a decant, and now I need a full bottle.

Calliecake, sometimes an extrait will last longer, as long as you don't overdo the application. I'm hoping you'll report back on your explorations at Nordstrom. Finding the right scent can be quite the adventure!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1405251917|3712427 said:
You could try Chanel Cristalle EDP Callie, I find that one to be quite tenacious. Kelly Caleche EDT is another, also some of the Hermessence series from Hermes are good, Eau de Merveilles from Hermes is light and aquatic, I get a ton of compliments on that one. Antonia by Puredistance is absolutely beautiful from the niche fragrances, very green, but it is very expensive.

Thank you for suggestions Lorelei, I will try the Hermes fragrances next. The one Rosetta described also sounds wonderful! I really just want to find one that I love that will last more than an hour or two. My husband is in London and asked if there was a fragrance there I would like him to pick up for me.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1405271091|3712551 said:

That sounds wonderful, just what I am in the mood for. I used my DSH July coupon to try her La Plage Sea Spray body wash hoping it would make me feel cooler, but I haven't received that yet.

Today I'm wearing the heartbreakingly gorgeous Mona di Orio Violette Fumee, which is not like any violet scent I have ever smelled--most of which set off a migraine. On this one I went from a sample to a decant, and now I need a full bottle.

Calliecake, sometimes an extrait will last longer, as long as you don't overdo the application. I'm hoping you'll report back on your explorations at Nordstrom. Finding the right scent can be quite the adventure!

Thank you Aoife for the suggestion. I will report back after my trip to Nordstrom. I wish this adventure was a tad bit easier. The whole migraine issue makes it so hard.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Rosetta, I need to smell this one! If you ever want to give up being a doctor I see a career in Advertising! :angel:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1405277654|3712583 said:

Thank you for suggestions Lorelei, I will try the Hermes fragrances next. The one Rosetta described also sounds wonderful! I really just want to find one that I love that will last more than an hour or two. My husband is in London and asked if there was a fragrance there I would like him to pick up for me.

Ooh oooh....See if he can get to Ormonde Jayne, you might like Ormonde Woman! It's a 'witchy' green brew with sweet violets, very unique, lovely stuff!

www.ormondejayne.com

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is English Laundry again. My sample is almost empty ;(

I was hoping that it would't make me sneeze because I am enchanted by the smell.... but no dice! UGH that's so sad! :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1404456384|3706568 said:

Try this next time you get around to testing some fragrances.
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Maison-Francis-Kurkdjian/Oud-Cashmere-Mood-17661.html

I smelled this right after I purchased the bottle I bought. It is so great! I will probably be getting or bottle or two closer to the fall!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1405328536|3712916 said:

Ooh oooh....See if he can get to Ormonde Jayne, you might like Ormonde Woman! It's a 'witchy' green brew with sweet violets, very unique, lovely stuff!

www.ormondejayne.com

Hi Lorelei, I'll ask him if he can get to Ormonde Jayne. He may not have time this trip but I may be coming with him next month and I will have time during the day to shop. Thank you

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Calliecake|1405370189|3713187 said:
Lorelei|1405328536|3712916 said:

www.ormondejayne.com

Hi Lorelei, I'll ask him if he can get to Ormonde Jayne. He may not have time this trip but I may be coming with him next month and I will have time during the day to shop. Thank you

If you or he do get to Ormonde Jayne, get the sampler that has all the scents. They are all worth sampling, and as a bonus, several of them are long lasting without being likely to clear the room.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results