shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice: which hand for wearing my five stone ring?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As some of you may know, I recently aquired a second diamond ring! :o A lovely five stone ring with OECs.

It is presently sized for my left hand and I have been alternating wearing it with my solitaire.

But I caught a prong on a lace glove playing dress up with my kids and bent a prong back :rodent: So its going into the shop. And its making me wonder if I should resize it so I can wear it on my right hand. Although I like the look of a five-stone on the wedding ring finger, I miss wearing whichever ring is in the ring box that day :blackeye: I have never owned a ring I regularly wear on my right hand, and this could be a time to try it out?

My hand are very different sizes, I think they are at least a full size different. So sizing it to wear on both hands is not an option.

I also wonder if it's "too much" to wear my solitaire and five stone at the same time given that I am somewhat casual in my dress and I don't wear any other fancy jewelery.

So please share -- if you have a five stone ring and a solitaire, how do you wear it? Do you alternate rings or wear them both? Any experiences with right hand rings to share? Photos of your own five stone on your hand more than welcome!

pics:

dreamer_5stone13_0.jpg

_18808.jpg

dreamer_5stone10.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could have written your post! Your rings are so beautiful, Dreamer!

I have a 5 stone vintage ring that is sized for my left hand, too. I wear it when I am not comfortable wearing my diamond e-ring. I do not wear a RHR every day, so I do not think sizing mine for my right hand would make me wear it more. I really only wear RHR's when I am dressed and going somewhere a step up from Walmart! :bigsmile: I'd keep it as it is, probably.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd wear the solitaire on the left hand ring finger and 5 stone on right ring finger. Both at the same time. I'd prefer to see all the pretties daily instead of only one everyday.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd also wear the five stone ring on my right hand. Your engagement ring is so beautiful. I feel it needs to front and center all on its own.
I am biased as I wear my engagement ring alone on my left hand. I also have a 5 stone (much smaller diamonds) that I rarely wear. I only wear it while on vacation if I don't want to wear my larger diamond. I'm absolutely no help at all on this question :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you right-handed? Your right hand takes more of a beating than your left, if you are. What would I do? Just lil ole me? I'd wear them together on my left. BUT ...... what do YOU want to do?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can easily wear one of your beautiful rings on each hand! Especially since you dress casual:finger bling and casual dress gives such a fun and sophisticated contrast :love:
So, I would have the 5-stone sized for your right hand. But I am completely biased since I wear one ring on each hand every day.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I wear jeans every day and almost always have rings on both hands. Sometimes multiple rings :bigsmile: My ering & five stone EC on my left hand and my new five stone MRB on my right. Or the new five stone on the right and a gemstone ring with band on the left.
Today I only wore the new five stone on my left and felt naked ;)) My size is the same on both hands so I didn't have to make that decision. I say have it sized for your right hand and wear both.

Your rings are gorgeous, you should enjoy them everyday!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd wear them both at the same time, solitaire on left, five stone on right. I always feel bad if one of my rings doesn't get worn. Like it's lonely or sad all by itself.

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Is the 5 stone yellow gold? If so I like that, and I'd wear them on separate hands at the same time, so they hold their own and don't look like a wedding set broken up. I believe in jewelry having impact. My wedding set always sits together on my left hand, and then I add one additional piece of jewelry. A necklace, or earrings, or a right hand ring, or a bracelet. (I always wear a watch on my left wrist too). It feels more special that way to me. So def size it for your right hand as you should never take that gorgeous solitaire off!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of your ering all by itself. It's beautiful and dramatic. On the same finger both rings detract from eachother for my taste. I just got a 5-stone and I have tried it with all combinations — with my ering and various bands and I prefer it alone on my right hand.

Keep your fabulous ering solo!! And the 5-stone on the right.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for your e-ring on the left hand and 5 stone on the right hand. That way you can enjoy both of the beautiful pieces all at once!

redleaf

Rough_Rock
My left and right ring fingers are very close in size. I can wear the same ring on either hand, though they are a tiny bit loose on the left and a tiny bit tight on the right. So even though I can wear rings on both hands, I rarely do for comfort reasons. I'm not the easiest on my jewelry, so its easier for me to be careful just with one hand, my non-dominant hand. Otherwise I have to be careful about reaching into pants pockets, banging the ring against furniture or walls (I don't know why that seems to happen a lot with me!) and washing hands/lotion ick. I have a five stone u-prong ring that I originally intended to wear on the right, but I find I almost never do. I just switch out rings on my left hand depending on what I feel like that day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are so pretty. I'd get it sized to wear on your right hand.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
If it were me, I'd wear the 5-stone on my right hand and the e-ring by itself on the left hand. I always wear right-hand rings.

They're wonderful rings!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am still undecided and would love more input as I keep pondering until I can manage to get to the jeweler! Why is it so hard to find an hour during the day to make the trip downtown??

To be clear, I don't wear these rings together on the same finger! You may be able to rock that look motownmama , but for me its too much. Also, the five stone would damage the filigree on my solitaire. I have an engraved platinum wedding band that I wear with my solitaire. The question is whether to keep my five stone sized to wear *instead* of my solitaire/wedding band on my left hand on days I want a different look, or size it larger to wear on my right at the same time as my wedding set!

So I can alternate these two looks depending on my mood:

dreamer_5stone9.jpg

georgeband5_007.jpg

Or I can size the five stone for my right hand and wear it at the same time as my wedding set!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1404415048|3706195 said:
Are you right-handed? Your right hand takes more of a beating than your left, if you are. What would I do? Just lil ole me? I'd wear them together on my left. BUT ...... what do YOU want to do?

I am right handed, and this is totally something I am wary of! I will admit, on a few days I crammed my five stone onto my right hand and I did find that I bashed it around a little more than usual. But it wasn't too bad and I sure did like looking at both rings throughout the day!

I don't know what I want to do, that's why I asked :sun:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1404442638|3706450 said:
I love the look of your ering all by itself. It's beautiful and dramatic. On the same finger both rings detract from eachother for my taste. I just got a 5-stone and I have tried it with all combinations — with my ering and various bands and I prefer it alone on my right hand.

Do you have photos of your new five stone? I'd love to see it! I agree it detracts to wear them together, I wouldn't wear them like that. The styles don't match, either -- deco and victorian.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1404449728|3706517 said:
swingirl|1404442638|3706450 said:

Do you have photos of your new five stone? I'd love to see it! I agree it detracts to wear them together, I wouldn't wear them like that. The styles don't match, either -- deco and victorian.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant both rings on left hand. But now I get it. I will post photos of my 5-stone as soon as I can get some good ones. I don't have a camera although I am considering buying one but just don't know what to get. I am not looking to spend a lot. Any suggestions out there???

My ring was made by ERD and is a gradated design that they recently made for another Pricescoper. I am in love with five stones—all styles. Yours is so pretty with the OECs.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I would have is sized for your right hand. I can't imagine not wearing your beautiful solitaire daily.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my ering on my left hand and my five stone on my right - all day, every day! I'm right handed so that hand gets 'used' more but because it's not an eternity ring, it doesn't get damaged. I am very cognizant of my jewelry when it's on so probably have a built in 'watch out' filter when it's all on. I get many compliments on the look and it is a good balance to my own eyes. I say go for it! Why leave beautiful sparklies at home when you can enjoy them all day?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1404470849|3706635 said:
I wear my ering on my left hand and my five stone on my right - all day, every day! I'm right handed so that hand gets 'used' more but because it's not an eternity ring, it doesn't get damaged. I am very cognizant of my jewelry when it's on so probably have a built in 'watch out' filter when it's all on. I get many compliments on the look and it is a good balance to my own eyes. I say go for it! Why leave beautiful sparklies at home when you can enjoy them all day?

This is exactly what I would do. Enjoy both beauties as often as you want this way and I do not think it is too much at all. Diamonds go with everything pure and simple. And diamonds as gorgeous as yours Dreamer deserve to shine. Resize for your right hand and wear them both and rock it girl!

And OMG I just love both your gorgeous rings my dear. They take my breath away in a good way. :love: :love: :love:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a five stone that I wear on my right hand; my ering is a three stone though it may get a new look soon. My hands are very similarly sized- maybe different by 1/4 size so I get all my rings sized to my right hand.

Both your rings are to die for! I'd size it for your right hand and enjoy it there.

_19831.jpg

_19833.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1404472393|3706643 said:
I have a five stone that I wear on my right hand; my ering is a three stone though it may get a new look soon. My hands are very similarly sized- maybe different by 1/4 size so I get all my rings sized to my right hand.

Both your rings are to die for! I'd size it for your right hand and enjoy it there.

Logan, your rings are gorgeous and I love the way you are wearing them too. :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1404439379|3706416 said:
I'd wear them both at the same time, solitaire on left, five stone on right. I always feel bad if one of my rings doesn't get worn. Like it's lonely or sad all by itself.

Agreed, and for the same reasons. It's funny how were project emotions on our jewelry. LOL

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I would get it sized for your right hand. And if you are in a situation where you want to wear it on your left (if you want to leave good ol' George home for some reason), could you put your wedding band on top of your five stone to keep it in place? I think Acimon is right - lovely jewels combined with casual dress and plenty of confidence is perfectly effortlessly chic.

I just got my new and improved ering. (Yay!!!) So after two years of wearing my five stone as an ering/band combo on my left hand I have switched it over to my right hand. It has taken me a week plus to get comfortable with it. I actually prefer to wear it on my middle finger - it seems like I hardly notice it there. In the summer it's a touch tight on that finger though so I've been doing my ring finger. I have an extremely casual lifestyle these days so I might not wear them both everyday but I'm thinking I'll wear both more than half the time.

Here's a picture for perspective.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1404477024.jpg

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
How accident prone are you? I only ask because I bought an antique 5 stone to wear on my right hande and came home with a four stone one day.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for sizing the 5 stone for your right hand to wear together with your solitaire. I also like the look of casual clothing with nice jewels. It looks very effortless and elegant, so I think jeans and a tshirt with both rings would be a great everyday look!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, Your rings are too gorgeous not to wear often. It will look beautiful wearing the engagement ring on your left and your 5 stone right. It doesn't matter that one is Victorian and one is Deco. I realize with small children your days are probably pretty active but I've never know anyone that damaged their right hand ring. If you have a day planned that you are worried the ring could get damaged, leave it a home. If you work during the day at an office environment type job I definitely would wear both rings during the day. They both also look so beautiful on your hands.

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for getting it sized to wear on your right hand. It's too beautiful a ring to be sitting at home! I wear my rings on both hands and live in jeans. I only take them off for gardening and housework etc.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I took the plunge and resized my ring for my right hand! Best decision ever! I love wearing both my rings at the same time and I think the two rings really compliment each other in terms of style and proportions! So thanks so much for all your help and advice, it was just what I needed!

_20213.jpg

_20214.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results