shape
carat
color
clarity

1920's wedding ring

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Right lovely people, after waiting so long for a genuine Art Deco diamond ring (arriving fri after alteration) I'm
looking at getting this to match, I truly love it.

What do you think?

Best wishes
Natalie

_17466.jpg

_17467.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is really beautiful! I haven't seen one like it! Is there a pic of your new ring?

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Only ones I've uploaded before, but can take more when I get it back Friday.

I'm worried this will go, it's from an online antique shop so has a 7 day returns policy.

I planned to wear my grans ring which is plain, but some of me wants a bit of pattern.

_17469.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found your thread on it. I think they will match really well!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Thankyou, hubby isn't interested in rings at all, I bore him
Crazy I think!

Thanks, think I'll order it once they get the promo code to me.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in love with these vintage bands, I just recently purchased one (and am tempted to get more hehe) - your's is nicer than mine lol - I think this band will look fabulous with your ring, go for it!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Aw share yours Junebug- bet they are lovely , I've found a jeweller that can resize it one size up & they're used to
Old jewellery so will do a good job, it arrives tomorrow.

I just find the details so stunning. These two purchases my last for very long time, so need to be 200% sure when turn up.

Got to totally love them to justify keeping. : )

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nattshants84|1398786999|3662730 said:
Aw share yours Junebug- bet they are lovely , I've found a jeweller that can resize it one size up & they're used to
Old jewellery so will do a good job, it arrives tomorrow.

I just find the details so stunning. These two purchases my last for very long time, so need to be 200% sure when turn up.

Got to totally love them to justify keeping. : )

I couldn't agree with you more, I do too! It's pretty hard to find older bands like this with such crisp detailing as yours - the poor things are 70-80+ years old ha!

And it's really nice that you have the option of your grandmother's ring too - aside from the fact that it has such wonderful sentimental value, it will be fun to be able to switch bands as the mood strikes - I'll bet you could even wear both bands if you felt like it!

I wish my band's detailing was a bit more pronounced, but I guess it's still pretty good considering how old it is and I like it with my ering.

I seriously cannot wait to see the rings together - I personally think you have two winners here!

img_4504.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the band you've chosen!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Thankyou so much, it took some finding- found it in an antique shop in York whom someone on here mentioned, I ordered it though their site- maybe I'll go to the actual shop (all 5 floors!!) if I get a lottery win!!

Junebug I like the fact some of it's not as pronounced... It tells a story... I love them!

The plat/diamond Art Deco ring that I bought last week I suspected had a chipped diamond (visible only under a loupe) as this wasn't listed so I sent it back for the diamond be replaced.

The seller was more than accommodating and said she would sort it with another diamond matching through her jeweller. I also needed it made smaller by couple of sizes. This ring straight away drew me to it, as long as the inclusion is safe & not making the diamond prone to cracking should I knock it, then I'll happily keep it as it made me smile, the inclusion isn't visible looking at it without a loupe & love the detailing of it all.

Skip a couple of days and the sellers jeweller looked at it & said it's not a chip, it's in fact a feather inclusion under the table (I'm
by no means an expert, Total opposite in fact !) and I could either have a full refund or have if sized & sent back to me end of this week.

The seller has 336 transactions of 100% feedback, but I'm getting two separate jewellers to confirm it is a feather inclusion, not a chip & to check if it is a feather inclusion, that it's not reached the surface of the diamond.

So that's where I'm at, if it's a chip it's going back & I'll pay for the resizing but get the rest refunded.

Fingers & toes crossed!!

This last year has been a hard one so it really would be amazing to have the good news & I can love it forever !

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Nattshants84|1398796991|3662895 said:
Thankyou so much, it took some finding- found it in an antique shop in York whom someone on here mentioned, I ordered it though their site- maybe I'll go to the actual shop (all 5 floors!!) if I get a lottery win!!

Oooooo!!!! I know where you've been shopping!! :D And that band is a BEAUTIFUL find!!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
He he yes it was yourself who said how much stuff they had! Your ring is stunning, sounds so well deserved!!
Hope you enjoy it forever..I envy you being able to walk round- it looks amazing.

There's a place near me that's 3 floors, but 5- think
I would be in heaven (& spend all day in there only to
Come out very poor!!!)

Thanks, it arrives tomorrow.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Well, don't tell hubby but I am secretly planning a visit in a couple of weeks.....without him hovering to hold me back! :D

Looking forward to some hand shots tomorrow!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
I'm very Jelous!! That will be lovely, enjoy it & update on your goodies!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
It arrived! It doesn't need sizing , as it fits perfectly?! (even though I am normally an M & it's meant to be a K 1/2 - also I'm 8 months pregnant but it fits!!)

I truly adore it, the detailing is so precise, the tiny flowers are not worn much at all.

It's a lovely weight, almost 6 grams, so feels lovely on.

Thanks for the input, I'm very grateful.

Just praying the diamond ring that's due back Friday is ok. Fingers & toes crossed.

Now for some photos : )

Natalie

_17524.jpg

_17525.jpg

_17526.jpg

_17527.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's beautiful!! :love: Wow, it's in excellent condition too - what a great find Natalie, I love it - I have everything crossed, even my eyes (oh what a wit :roll: :cheeky: ) that the diamond ring works out!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Thankyou, it was worth the impulse purchase!

Thankyou Irishbreakfast for suggesting the York Antiques Centre, to find one in platinum to.

Eyes crossed- love it!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
You are welcome! What a beauty of a band. You have done very well indeed - it looks absolutely stunning!

anthony-roman

Rough_Rock
Its beautiful. It looks neat and has an antique touch to it which is amazing!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Really beautiful engraving! Love antique pieces! What a beauty :)

JulieKae

Rough_Rock
it looks amazing - when you tire of it sell it to me :) I love the vintage rings - that's all I wear anymore. lovely find, enjoy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! I love antique rings and these go together so nicely. The band look like it has a very little wear. Excellent find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results