shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My zoya July 4 three pack was finally delivered last night! Might have gone overboard on the left hand...

_19733.jpg

_19734.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun FK! Do you use a dotting tool or just a toothpick? Also, since you have a nice zoya collection, any darker greens or blues you like?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I used the nail polish brush! I clear all the polish off the brush, then dot it into the polish. It usually still picks up too much, so I dot it onto a piece of plastic or something to get the excess off, then dot on my nail. There's a huge nail polish supply store down the street and I need to pick up some proper dotting/nail art supplies!

Of the darker blues, I like Dream. Ibiza was too runny for me, and it was really dark. Haven't been too thrilled with the darker greens. They just don't work well with my skintone. I do like this apple green one but it's pretty light and shimmery.

Did any of you Costco members see the newest Costco Connection? They are promoting a polish that is 5-free and it looks interesting!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1403716163|3700899 said:
I am taking a moment to mourn the passing of my last bottle of OPI Ms. Oleary's BBQ from the Chicago Collection. I tried to buy it on Amazon, but they are hawking bottles for 25 bucks + shipping...a little much. I wish I could find the exact match elsewhere.
Moneymeister, get 'em while still available. Only $8 shipped. http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Lacquer-Olearys-Barbeque-Ounce/dp/B000NG46TM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404319329&sr=8-1&keywords=opi+oleary

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I was going to do a July 4th mani, but then I chipped the nail on my middle finger right where the white part starts. So I cut them all down. =(

Love all the July 4th mani.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
YSL Bleu Cyclades -- like deep, blue velvet.

_19758.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1404316011|3705252 said:
I used the nail polish brush! I clear all the polish off the brush, then dot it into the polish. It usually still picks up too much, so I dot it onto a piece of plastic or something to get the excess off, then dot on my nail. There's a huge nail polish supply store down the street and I need to pick up some proper dotting/nail art supplies!

Of the darker blues, I like Dream. Ibiza was too runny for me, and it was really dark. Haven't been too thrilled with the darker greens. They just don't work well with my skintone. I do like this apple green one but it's pretty light and shimmery.

Did any of you Costco members see the newest Costco Connection? They are promoting a polish that is 5-free and it looks interesting!

Hey Forte, I just googled this because I never read the Costco Connection and I know it's somewhere here but really not able to look around for it these days lol. Anyway, I agree, it looks really interesting and I am debating getting this through costco.com since I am also not in the position to go to Costco personally right now and don't want to give my dh any more errands to do.

http://www.costco.com/Jenna-Hipp-12-pc-Nail-Polish-Collection.product.100055850.html

I just wish I could get a better sense of the colors. I like the blue one and the one to the right of that in the second row and the top right and top left one and the second from the left and the last one in the bottom row I think...price is right so I think I will pull the trigger. Also thinking about taking advantage of that Zoya promo though I think I keep getting the same colors over and over just very slightly different lol. I was going to get the Ibiza but now based on your review not sure-maybe the dream instead. Have you ever tried Zoya Song? I trust your aesthetic preferences. :))

librarychickie-I love that deep blue polish on you!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I don't have have Zoya Song but it looks SO pretty!! Reviews online seem very favorable. http://www.temptalia.com/zoya-song-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches

My issue with Ibiza was the application and the lack of staying power. I had to put on 3 coats before there was full coverage. It was so watery. Then, after a few hours, the polish on my toe nails literally scraped off! I've never had that happen before with a nail polish and thought the one nail was a fluke, so I poked at another toe with my nail and sure enough, that one scraped right off as well. I always wipe down my nails with rubbing alcohol so I know my nails were clean, so it had to be the polish.

I applied Dream and was out the door and off to a wedding within 30 minutes. No topcoat, and it lasted almost 2 weeks. It looks to be a purer blue compared to Song, with visible micro glitter. I think I like Song's tone just a little more, and I prefer the metallic look more. Dammit, I need to buy Song.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1404410568|3706133 said:
I don't have have Zoya Song but it looks SO pretty!! Reviews online seem very favorable. http://www.temptalia.com/zoya-song-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches

My issue with Ibiza was the application and the lack of staying power. I had to put on 3 coats before there was full coverage. It was so watery. Then, after a few hours, the polish on my toe nails literally scraped off! I've never had that happen before with a nail polish and thought the one nail was a fluke, so I poked at another toe with my nail and sure enough, that one scraped right off as well. I always wipe down my nails with rubbing alcohol so I know my nails were clean, so it had to be the polish.

I applied Dream and was out the door and off to a wedding within 30 minutes. No topcoat, and it lasted almost 2 weeks. It looks to be a purer blue compared to Song, with visible micro glitter. I think I like Song's tone just a little more, and I prefer the metallic look more. Dammit, I need to buy Song.

Thank you Fortekitty! Crossing Ibiza off my list and I think I will get Dream and Song. Both my nieces who were just visiting (six and eight yo) agreed that these blues were beautiful. I bet you could combine them for the best of both...metallic of Dream with Song's tone of blue. It might look lovely combined.

ETA: Just bought Song, Dream and Pepper. Not sure why I am buying polish right now but they are so pretty I couldn't resist!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, nice choices. I'm still trying to decide which ones I want. Right now my cart has natty, tao and evvie. Does one ever really need more nail polish? :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Baby Monster, I love natty! Darn, I wish I ordered that instead of the Pepper. That was sort of an add on just because I didn't want to get another black. Please post your natty nails when you apply. :bigsmile:

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Pretty nails everyone!
I applied A Little Cream Please when I shortened my nails last week, might be good for layering, this gel color might need 3 coats though, bleh....

7-03-14.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1404421123|3706246 said:
Oh Baby Monster, I love natty! Darn, I wish I ordered that instead of the Pepper. That was sort of an add on just because I didn't want to get another black. Please post your natty nails when you apply. :bigsmile:
Will post natty. I ended up ordering Dream because of good reviews here and switched Tao to Cassedy for a more metallic finish.

Color Club. Halographic.

20140707_083409-1.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I got 2 more bottleS!!!!!!! Baby Monster, i LOVE YOU!

Assorted OPI colors and a white design polish. Found the inspiration online. Don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job.

20140704_094744.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, you're welcome, moneymeister

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Lulie, that color looks like that on me too! it's a little better with three coats but still looks odd in some lighting.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
This color looks black in pictures, but is a beautiful deep forest green called "Here Today Dragon Tomorrow" I wanted to try something new when I went to the nail place yesterday!

photo-19.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1403716163|3700899 said:
I am taking a moment to mourn the passing of my last bottle of OPI Ms. Oleary's BBQ from the Chicago Collection. I tried to buy it on Amazon, but they are hawking bottles for 25 bucks + shipping...a little much. I wish I could find the exact match elsewhere.

img_20120419_193255.jpg

Moneymeister, This color is gorgeous on your hand!!!

Fortekitty, What a cool 4th of July manicure! It looks great on you.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_20009.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_20010.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
librarychickie|1404361043|3705774 said:
YSL Bleu Cyclades -- like deep, blue velvet.

Are those your hands. Beautiful hands and awesome manicure!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure about this color. It's Sensationail (gel) "heirloom Lilac."

_20074.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought of y'all when I spotted this holiday ornament at a Papyrus store today. On sale now for $2.50 or less. :wink2:

photo-16_4.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl|1404997830|3710404 said:

All I can see when I look at your lovely hand is that ring. :love: :love: :love:
So gorgeous. Swoon. :love:
And the polish is pretty too but your ring (and your very pretty nails and hands) steal the show!

_20174.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1404801800|3708779 said:

Fun!!! Love this. :appl:
Madelise you have the most beautiful nails!

_20173.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OPI Teeny Weeny Pink Bikini

img_9032.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1404997830|3710404 said:
love love that color with the ring. It compliments your skintone and at the same time picks up the ring without a matchy-matchy look.

Callie: thanks!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Essie. Fashion Playground.

20140714_090614-1.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Baby Monster. That is so fun! I put on a vivid blue yesterday and dd (20) swept in and gave me "the look" and asked how old I was. Apparently 49 is too old for blue. Damn. I took off the blue and put on a nice, non-descript, non-offensive, perfectly tame pinky beige. Moral of the story: Enjoy that blue before your kids grow up...they steal your fun!

Mrs. O'Learys BBQ is on it's way. YAY!

blankcanvascream.jpg
Blank Canvas Cream - Fingerpaints

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results