carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403689041|3700680 said:
It's lost I'm afraid. Perhaps we can continue the notion here, or on a separate thread. I'd like to find scent recommendations. There was a time when I just loved testing out new scents and I had this ginormous list based on things I'd found on here and then on a couple of other sites that Lorelei had recommended at one time. I lost many of my samples when I moved to this house, and sold several bottles that I used once and never did again. So I am going to be slowly rebuilding my collection. I did chance across a small bottle of an Annick Goutal scent that was my favorite this past winter, and plan to hunt down a bigger bottle. I'll let you all know how I like the 4 samples on the way.

Blast!.... :| I know the thread you mean Draggie and it's an old one from 2007, 2008 era, I tried to find it and will keep looking. BTW I put Tabac Blond on today because of you! xo

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1403647356|3700313 said:
Today is Black Orchid by Tom Ford. It was a little sample I fell in love with. I am so tempted to buy a whole e bottle! It had very nice sweet deep floral notes!

I liked this one ck, but it was very mushroomy on me, chemistry is a weird thing, I think it was the truffle notes were amplified on my skin.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Well at least I'm not crazy! I'll keep hunting as well lol!

Aoife - I tried Kelly Caleche at one point and it was really sharp on my skin for some reason, not at all like others had described it. I may try again in the future, we'll see.

Today I am wearing Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia. I had done a gardenia hunt at one point and this is the most accurate scent I found as a match to real gardenias. It is light, and great for a warm day. I'm home today since I was up all night and am doing things to keep cool.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1403705126|3700797 said:
It's lost I'm afraid. Perhaps we can continue the notion here, or on a separate thread. I'd like to find scent recommendations. There was a time when I just loved testing out new scents and I had this ginormous list based on things I'd found on here and then on a couple of other sites that Lorelei had recommended at one time. I lost many of my samples when I moved to this house, and sold several bottles that I used once and never did again. So I am going to be slowly rebuilding my collection. I did chance across a small bottle of an Annick Goutal scent that was my favorite this past winter, and plan to hunt down a bigger bottle. I'll let you all know how I like the 4 samples on the way.

Blast!.... :| I know the thread you mean Draggie and it's an old one from 2007, 2008 era, I tried to find it and will keep looking. BTW I put Tabac Blond on today because of you! xo

Is this it?

Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fave-signature-scent-or-scents-2007.66243/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fave-signature-scent-or-scents-2007.66243/[/URL]

Deb
:saint:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1403731841|3701053 said:

Is this it?

Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fave-signature-scent-or-scents-2007.66243/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fave-signature-scent-or-scents-2007.66243/[/URL]

Deb

I THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

FOTD: Kiss my Name: by Ramon Monegal. As my tuberose obsession continues, found this is LA. Sweet! Not like Malle's Carnal Flower. And I couldn't consider it unisex. Decent staying power. The jasmine lingers.

chees--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Still not it - though useful. Le sigh, oh well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403738839|3701133 said:

I'm disappointed, dragonfly. I thought I had found it. How will I know if I have? What is a distinguishing feature of the thread you are looking for?

Deb
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1403793871|3701449 said:

I'm disappointed, dragonfly. I thought I had found it. How will I know if I have? What is a distinguishing feature of the thread you are looking for?

Could it be this one? Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lifes-little-luxuries.28573/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lifes-little-luxuries.28573/page-2[/URL]

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1403731841|3701053 said:

Is this it?

Deb

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
FOTD is the Australian brand Tommi Sooni Tarantella. I love, love, love this one. According to PP, the notes are neroli, galbanum, aldehydes, Sicilian mandarin, muguet, orris, rose, frangipani, Egyptian jasmine, clove, laurel, honey, leather, amber, oakmoss, sandalwood.

The leather is soft and wonderful, and it reminds me a bit of the original Cabochard before some of the reformulations gutted it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1403803785|3701536 said:
FOTD is the Australian brand Tommi Sooni Tarantella. I love, love, love this one. According to PP, the notes are neroli, galbanum, aldehydes, Sicilian mandarin, muguet, orris, rose, frangipani, Egyptian jasmine, clove, laurel, honey, leather, amber, oakmoss, sandalwood.

The leather is soft and wonderful, and it reminds me a bit of the original Cabochard before some of the reformulations gutted it.

That sounds lovely Aoife and yes, didn't they ever do a number on the once lovely Cabochard... :rolleyes: :angryfire:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Deb

I thought you had too! That one IS very useful for what I was wanting. Whichever thread it was, it was the one where Lorelei actually introduced me to theperfumedcourt. The one I started that is in shopping is not it because I was already ordering samples and decants. Meh

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1403817677|3701670 said:

Deb

I thought you had too! That one IS very useful for what I was wanting. Whichever thread it was, it was the one where Lorelei actually introduced me to theperfumedcourt. The one I started that is in shopping is not it because I was already ordering samples and decants. Meh

Is this it? It might not be though.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/[/URL]

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1403705500|3700802 said:
ckrickett|1403647356|3700313 said:
Today is Black Orchid by Tom Ford. It was a little sample I fell in love with. I am so tempted to buy a whole e bottle! It had very nice sweet deep floral notes!

I liked this one ck, but it was very mushroomy on me, chemistry is a weird thing, I think it was the truffle notes were amplified on my skin.

I got a very small hint of that (I was wondering what it was, but mushroomy is right on the nose). For some reason scents are always sweeter on me, so I think it masked that enough.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I just opened my birchbox today and it had a scent in it I figured I'd try, English Laundry by Christopher Wicks

It is very sweet, and although I liked the scent well enough it made me sneeze, a lot. Which is sad, because I really quite enjoyed it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I dunno. Perhaps I am just dreaming the thread up. :nono:

Meanwhile, I wore Gardenia again today. It kept me feeling nice in the daytime today. I am SO exhausted, and am just putting a dab of essential eucalyptus oil on under my eyes and nose before bed to open me up some.

Has anyone tried scents by Atelier or by 4160 Tuesdays? I found their listings on luckyscents to be intriguing.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOTD is Elie Saab EDP (original version) which is an orange blossum :love: Smells like honey & white florals - love it. I returned my Chanel Coco after hidious reaction to it (migraines etc) so sticking to light florals and less spice these days.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403837242|3701848 said:

This is a kind of weird thread. It is from 2009, which is-obviously-after 2007. It is, also, not just about scent. It is equally (in my opinion) about horses and the medicinal use of the ingredients used in perfumes! But it looks as if it might be the thread for which you were looking, dragonfly. At least take a look at it and tell me what you think!!! ;))

Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/page-3[/URL]

Deb/AGBF

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1403843766|3701879 said:

This is a kind of weird thread. It is from 2009, which is-obviously-after 2007. It is, also, not just about scent. It is equally (in my opinion) about horses and the medicinal use of the ingredients used in perfumes! But it looks as if it might be the thread for which you were looking, dragonfly. At least take a look at it and tell me what you think!!! ;))

Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/page-3[/URL]

Deb/AGBF

Our Deb thrives on a mighty challenge, this is certainly proving to be one, which thread IS it.... :confused:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Meanwhile, I wore Gardenia again today. It kept me feeling nice in the daytime today. I am SO exhausted, and am just putting a dab of essential eucalyptus oil on under my eyes and nose before bed to open me up some.

Has anyone tried scents by Atelier or by 4160 Tuesdays? I found their listings on luckyscents to be intriguing.

Yes, I bought a set of four in Vegas. Which are you interested in?

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1403896413|3702263 said:

cheers--Sharon

I had pinned Oolang Infini, Trefle Pur, Bois Blonds, Vanille Insensee and Vetiver Fatal as ones I might be interested in sniffing at some point.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403902082|3702337 said:
canuk-gal|1403896413|3702263 said:

cheers--Sharon

I had pinned Oolang Infini, Trefle Pur, Bois Blonds, Vanille Insensee and Vetiver Fatal as ones I might be interested in sniffing at some point.

I enjoyed the Orange Sanguine the best of the quad I purchased. The Neroli second best. Didn't care for the other two--also the OF was rather interesting, In retrospect, I should have just purchased the large bottle of the OS and not the four (thought I'd wear them) since they were the same price.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Canuk Gal!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just started exploring forums other than the stone-related ones. So hi! :wavey:

When I was 11, my parents took me on a trip around Europe, and we spent a few days in Capri. There was a perfume factory there and I put a tone of care into selecting a tiny container of solid perfume in a fragrance I loved. In all these (26) years, I never found I scent I loved more. It's still being produced! :)

http://www.bigelowchemists.com/carthusia-solid-perfume-fiori-di-capri.html

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1403970145|3702842 said:
I just started exploring forums other than the stone-related ones. So hi! :wavey:

When I was 11, my parents took me on a trip around Europe, and we spent a few days in Capri. There was a perfume factory there and I put a tone of care into selecting a tiny container of solid perfume in a fragrance I loved. In all these (26) years, I never found I scent I loved more. It's still being produced! :)

Hi Tourm! :wavey:

I love these solid perfumes, apparently they are made from the wax substance of rose petals, called concreta, I will keep an eye out for that one.

Draggi, I am also interested in 1460 Tuesdays, especially A Kiss by the Fireside and The Sexiest Scent in the World IMHO, I will be trying those.

Also a new company called Papillon Perfumery has some new sniffs out, one is called Tobacco Rose that I am itching to try, reviews are good.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1403976829|3702879 said:
Tourmaline|1403970145|3702842 said:

Hi Tourm! :wavey:

I love these solid perfumes, apparently they are made from the wax substance of rose petals, called concreta, I will keep an eye out for that one.

Draggi, I am also interested in 1460 Tuesdays, especially A Kiss by the Fireside and The Sexiest Scent in the World IMHO, I will be trying those.

Also a new company called Papillon Perfumery has some new sniffs out, one is called Tobacco Rose that I am itching to try, reviews are good.

Have you seen/smelled Delire de roses from Caron? Is this new, and if not how did I miss it??

I'm also interested in several of the Boadicea scents. I feel like I'm so behind because I hadn't done any testing in a very very long time.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1403981660|3702921"1403976829|3702879 said:
Have you seen/smelled Delire de roses from Caron? Is this new, and if not how did I miss it??

I think it's been around for a while, I haven't tried it Dragi, been a bit disappointed with some Caron offerings in recent years. :blackeye:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
FOTD is Vero Profumo Onda Voile de Extrait. From Luckyscents: Bergamot, citron, mandarin, ginger, coriander, basil, passion fruit, iris, ylang-ylang, honey, vetiver Bourbon, patchouli, musk, cedar wood

This is amazing. At first, I got smoke and leather and spice, then as it dries down the other notes begin to come through. Has anyone else tried this?

I haven't been updating every day, but have tried several new to me scents over the last week, and for white flower lovers, Tommi Sooni's Passarelle is gorgeous: lots of jasmine, sweet and light, like early morning while the garden is still cool.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - Oh that's too bad :( I hope they don't go downhill. It would make me so sad. I am wearing their Aimez Moi today. Though I can't smell it much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results