shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting is done & images are IN -- feeling lukewarm.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list of people who like it MUCH more than the inspiration ring! I actually hate it without the doughnut!!! You made exactly the right changes!!!!! Your design is far superior!

It is gorgeous and perfect as far as I am concerned!!!! :love: :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I think it's gorgeous! The donut looks much better than the inspiration, the prongs are perfect and I don't think you'll see a difference in the pave IRL. I'm guessing you'll love it when you see it :appl: Please update this thread with a handshot and your thoughts when you receive it.

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think it's stunning. ERD's images don't seem to be the greatest TBH.

klokkeblomst

Rough_Rock
I just went through the same thing and now that I have my ring I really feel so much better about my setting.

People here talk about DSS, but I think we need a new term: HRSRS- High Resolution Setting Regret Syndrome. :)

I think the longer you wait for your setting, the worse HRSRS is, because you build up what it should look like in your head, and if you're hanging out here you see all the other beautiful settings and second guess your choices. When you see the high resolution photos it's so easy to see all these weird details that seem wrong without seeing the full effect like you will see in real life.

Honestly, I was on here looking for advice about getting a partial refund after obsessing over zoomed in close ups of my ring. I picked it up today, and even though it's slightly different than I expected, I'm honestly in love with it. I hope you have a similar experience!

In the meantime, try to only look at the pictures if you shrink them down closer to "real" size!

:)

P.S. Your ring is gorgeous!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like it, though I am anti-donut, so that is the only negative I have with it. But you have to love it, and nothing WE say will convince you. See it in person and see what you think then before you make a decision.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
I actually quite like it! The rose gold is very pretty (I'm a fan of it) and the prongs look really well done. The whole ring flows together well. I know that the super magnified image gives some clients pause, but it might just still look fantastic in person. :wavey:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Add my to the list of people who think this setting is perfection. For me the donut gives this ring some balance and a more fluid look to it. I also like the pave you choice as I think it goes MUCH better with your diamond. I would definitely choose to take the ring and test drive it for a bit. I think you will love it once you see it in person. :appl:

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I think it's gorgeous!! Totally agree with everyone else and love yours more than the inspiration ring, I think it's really elegant and love the touch of pave. Plus the changes you chose make the ring unique and "yours" :love:

Ultimately you need to be happy with it so I hope you do see it IRL and then as Gypsy said see how you feel.

lemonlimekisses

Rough_Rock
I can't express to all the posters how grateful and appreciative I am of the supportive, positive, encouraging, and complimentary comments! Thank you all so much -- it's made me feel a lot better about the ring and the process and I'm absolutely going to take a look at it in person before making any decisions. It also makes me feel good (great!) that everyone thinks the ring is pretty.. It's silly, right? Yet it means a great deal to me because I know the posters here have seen so many beautiful rings and have such excellent taste.

I'll definitely post pictures and thoughts once I get it in my hands. I hope I love it.

Thank you all again! So much!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the posters who like yours better than the inspiration ring. Its beautiful.
Is it just me, or the photo the angle or does the VC ring look like the stone could get knocked off the ring with very little trouble?

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ring is very beautiful! Keep us posted! Best wishes!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like yours better. See it w/your own eyes on your own finger and then decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results