shape
carat
color
clarity

Pompeii: save my earrings!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Worth waiting for! More pictures, and ear shots, please!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, yes, yes more final shots please!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm just back from a trip to Rome and Pompeii. A couple of color shots as background for your upcoming jewelry photos. Yes, Pompeii was simply amazing. I did think of you.

today_7517.jpg

today_7532.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, with those pictures I guess I will have to get the camera out and try to get some ear shots!
no promises on how soon....but I really do like them on. maybe I can get a few shots Thursday when hubby is around....

and thanks for thinking of me, FlyGirl....I went and saw Pompeii which is not that great a movie but given it really is more of a summer blockbuster disaster movie they did do some homework re archeology and jewelry!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1393975699|3627553 said:
I picked them up yesterday.....much delay in the project because I dropped out for a while.
the artisan was great to work with and very understanding....thinks it is grand that I give myself such permission!
anyway, they are done. this picture was before she hammered them. they look even more "authentic" now.
hubby loves them as well!
only one tweek needs to be made: reverse pearls on one of the earrings as the circles are too prominent when viewed face forward. otherwise, very happy!
I have been wondering about these and oh boy they turned out wonderful :appl: :appl: :appl: enjoy these special beauties :appl: :appl: :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to see your project completed. Very nice. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They are magnificent :love: :love: :love: They look just like the original...only better because your pearls are SO pretty :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see some ear shots :wavey:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Three more shots of Pompeii, in hopes of coaxing MZ to post some more photos of her beautiful earrings.

today_7641.jpg

today_7646.jpg

today_7566.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures, and the last one really made me laugh!

Yes, ear shots please! That guy has been waiting a very long time...

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
They are just gorgeous! I want to see more photos! And ear shots! Please!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm taking them to the artisan on Monday for a tweek or two....more pictures after...perhaps even ear shots!

the tweek involves exchanging pearl position on one and one of the ear wires needs to be straightened....I think you see that in the picture.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:
What a great idea you had, and they came out so nice!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They look fabulous! It is such a great design... ancient and yet they could have been designed yesterday... or last year lol

I was wondering if they are bothering your poor ears! It sounded quite painful reading about the problems you'd had..I hope these are working out as they look great..but they also look heavy.

I love them. :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pictures, finally!

wp_20140331_027.jpg

wp_20140331_009.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They look stunning :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say that yesterday was the first day I wore them.
I wore them all day and they were comfy....but better yet I really liked how they looked on me!
kept pulling the car mirror down to have another look at the stoplights!
I may have to consider replicating other ancient jewelry.......may? who am I kidding, I know I will!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love those. Absolutely gorgeous on you. :love: Ancient jewelry styles will never go out of style. They will always be a niche style.

Thank you so much for the pictures. These look so much better being worn than laying on a table or in a case. :wavey:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: MovieZombie :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: those earrings. Your jeweler did a really nice job of recreating them. Enjoy your new beauties.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you, everyone.....and 4Ranch a special thank you for assisting Jeremy with choosing pearls for the project. I think that was almost a year ago......I wore them again today. love how they move and feel on.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous on you, Movie Zombie! Congratulations!! :appl: Love every detail, the baroque pearls, hammered gold~what conversation starters!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I am so exited to see your idea finally realized. I can't believe it's been over a year! They are so interesting and beautiful. Congratulations :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Splendid! Well done MZ!!!

Meet me in Palm Springs in May, so I can borrow them! :bigsmile:

cheers=Sharon

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
MZ, those earrings are a masterpiece! :appl:

please do another repro! you have a gift! :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They look fabulous!! So glad they are comfy! :appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger I was addicted to the catalog Museum of Jewelry. I love jewelry inspired by classic or other eras, just something special about it. I'm glad it turned out so well, and I'm glad you didn't do posts.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
They turned out beautifully! What a fun project.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you!
I really do love these earrings.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Had to check out your earrings movie zombie, love the selection process and Flygirl's photos, and your earrings are gorgeous, a perfect complement with your new ring.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you....and I think they do compliment each other in an odd way.
more of my not being a matchy-matchy type person as well.........LOL :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results