shape
carat
color
clarity

My baby discoball OEC has been set in my ring!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I am so pleased to finally be able to post this! Thank you to everyone for their advice on my upgrade journey, from whether to even have that conversation with my hubby to diamond/setting advice.

Quick background - my centre diamond was a 0.39ct MRB (fairly normal size for UK) and I now have a luscious 0.73ct OEC :love: My jeweller was able to create a new head for my ring so it basically looks the same just with a bigger diamond (hubby wanted it to be as close to original as possible).

Stats - platinum setting, 0.73ct I/VS2 OEC, small diamonds in both engagement and wedding rings are from my grandmother in law's 1920s diamond brooch. Ring size 5.25 (although I'm currently wearing a 6 which is getting loose - yey!)

Here are some pics, my e-ring, my wedding band and my new rose gold stacker. Just have to finish losing the baby weight so I can get them on (doesn't help that it's really hot here at the moment!)

_19535.jpg

_19536.jpg

_19537.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Devine! I bet it feels fabulous on your hand! Enjoy!! Love the rose gold stacker too!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty centre stone, and I think it is fantastic you got to reuse old diamonds from family members as well that is what makes it special and unique......Congrats!!!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thank you laurenk and arkieb! I'm so excited to have it and I'm totally in love with the diamond it's so gorgeous :D

It was important to us to use the smaller heirloom diamonds, so although it means my bands are different widths, I totally embrace that and love that my set is unique and personal in that respect. I literally just got the rose gold ring and think it works, so I'm delighted! I'm loving that I can change up the look in the future as well by getting different stackers - a monster may have been created!!

Next project will be to re-set my original centre diamond, thinking a milgrain bezel pendant possibly but I need to give my husband a break from the jewellery obsession :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! And I really love that you have gone with an old cut, which will complement the old diamonds from the inherited piece more. Very beautiful, personal & lovely set. Loving the rose gold stacker too! I am also in the UK (Cheshire) & have had the PS bug for a couple of years, since my engagement ring got damaged & i started the hunt for my pear cut. People are always commenting on my set as a result, and I expect they will be on yours too. The information here is fantastic & really opens up the whole world for ideas.

Good luck with losing the baby weight & on the birth of your baby too! Can't wait for you to come back & post hand shots when they slip back on!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Aaaah thanks Alex :)) It's great to hear from another UK PSer (if that's a word!). I would never have known about OECs without PS so I am truly thankful to have discovered it, it was a lightbulb moment almost - so that's the kind of diamond I want/need in my life :razz: I love pears and your set is so elegant, I'm not surprised you get a lot of comments!

My baby boy was totally worth it but I got really bad swelling in my hands/feet so think it's a combo of fluid/weight, but I'm determined to get there!!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Aww so exciting!! Congrats!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely diamond. I think the rings are spectacular and the "awwweeeee" of seeing your family heirloom diamonds. I think it all matches very well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:
I hope you will be inspired to post more pictures!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous. I hope you can wear it soon.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thank you artdecolover, moneymeister, Niel, Jimmianne and Rena, that means a lot :))

I will try and take some more pictures in a bit!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! You have created a true and special heirloom ring by reusing heirloom stones. This is why I love jewelry!!!
Please post at least 100 pics :love: your center stone is amazing!!!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Acinom and as if by magic here are more pics!

I went outside and the colours it picks up is just insane!!

_19546.jpg

_19547.jpg

_19548.jpg

_19549.jpg

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Oh and had to have a pebble shot!!

_19550.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A very lovely set!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely! It took my fingers a few good months to shrink post baby, you will get there!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks thecat and Dreamer! I definitely have the best motivation now :D

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So pretty! :love:

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful diamond! It looks like it was always in the setting - it turned out really well.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks GemFever and Meezermom, I'm so pleased how it turned out and exactly what I was hoping for!

My jeweller went gaga over the diamond, kept looking at it under his loupe and saying "fabulous" :lol: I should have mentioned it but my beautiful diamond is from Jewels by Grace and I highly recommend Grace, she was wonderful to work with.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and I think your diamond looks perfect in that setting!

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
Really, really lovely! What a special piece

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thank you kathley and magpie! So pleased with how it works in the setting (well done hubby for the design :)) ), I've always loved mixing old with new and it suits me/my style.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Really Beautiful baby discoball ring!! Enjoy! I like your stackers with it, too! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your OEC looks beautiful in your setting! :love: The rose gold band is so delicate and pretty, too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and diamond.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful upgrade and I love BOTH of the bands.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow-it is such a beautiful OEC!!!! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Your set looks lovely. As well as appreciating your gorgeous OEC, I hope you are enjoying the considerable size difference between your original diamond and this one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results